“Another great vacation at Kingston!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bohemia, New York
“Another great vacation at Kingston!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We have been coming to Kingston Plantation since 1988 when my parents introduced us to the resort . The place has grown so much in over 20 years and it is still one of our favorite vacation spots. The Splash Water Park, pools, Health Club, proximity to the beach keep us coming back. We always stay in the same villa, but when friends travel with us we reserve several units and all are well maintained. Owners must be required to update the furnishing, carpets, and decor regularly because the units are always refreshed and have the latest and greatest. We have never been disappointed with the accomodations.

We generally visit early October and this year the water park was already closed for the season which was very disappointing. Columbus Day weekend is usually a pretty busy time so we had hoped it was still operating. Apparently it closed the previous weekend. When we come in the summer months they have daily activities for the kids, bands at the pool, bar service, food etc.

We rarely eat at the Embassy Suites because there are so many wonderful restaurants in the area. The breakfast buffet is typical fare. The Omaha Steak House is pricey but the food is very good. Try the Hilton next door for their breakfast buffet. It is part of the Kingston property and has a great breakfast.

The grounds are lovely and everything is in walking distance. The kids love to fish at the Apache pier which borders Kingston's property line. We also did some fishing in the lake at West Hyde Park and my twins caught a bunch of sun fish which they threw back since they were so small. Service has never been an issue and the unit is always clean and welcoming. Families, couples, golfers and business travelers will not be disappointed.

We can't wait until next October to visit again!

Room Tip: Any room/condo would be well received. Depending on your desire to have oceanfront, oceanview, lake...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed at the Embassy suites for a business conference. The check in was quick and accurate. The room was clean as well as comfortable with a great view.The breakfast food was good and consistant all 3 mornings I was there. The conference room where we had our meeting (200 people) was easily accessable and the food served at lunch was delicious.
They have a number of pools on the property along with a childrens play pool and immediate access to the beach. I look forward to the spring when I bring my wife and daughter to the Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
monroe, nc
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stay at the Kingston Plantation 3-4 days every month. I have been doing this for over 10 years now. It's like being at home. As soon as I arrive, Ronald meets me at my car, welcomes me back. After getting his hug from my wife, he walks me to the front desk where Patty always smiles and welcomes me by name and asks about the grandkids. At breakfast, Abdullah, Phyllis, and Joanne are always pleasant and smiling. As soon as Abdullah sees me, he goes to the kitchen to get my eggs "just like I like them". I don't even have to ask, he knows already. Of course, all of this is made possible by the reservation staff, especially Patrice Gore, who manages to accommodate by busy schedule. If they they ever come up with a ten star rating for hotel, this one will definitely be first on the list.

Room Tip: pool side is best
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Spring Lake, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I visited this hotel this past weekend. The staff was very friendly, attentive and professional. I asked to have my room changed for a better beach view and was accomodated very quickly. The hotel is located on the beach and many of the rooms are beach views. This is the first ES we've stayed at where they set your breakfast trays and silverware out for you at the buffet line. The Kingston Plantation grounds are well maintained and did I mention its right on the beach?? Very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. We would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th floor or above room on the poolside. The beach is lit up at night allowing you to see...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We joined friends from Germany in Myrtle Beach and I used my Hilton Honors for my two night stay at the Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation. After driving almost 10 hours, it was a pleasant surprise at how secluded the Kingston Planation property is, particularly located right off the Rt. 17 main drag and by the Outlet Mall. Once on property, the Embassy was another surprise. The suite was tastefully decorated, and had two sliding glass doors with ocean view...one from the main living space and the other from the bedroom. What a treat! I'm so use to many of the high rise hotels with bedrooms in the front and the living space having the balcony overlooking the ocean. We were able to sleep with the slider open and listened to the soothing ocean waves crashing all night. Great hot complimentary breakfast in the morning, and the staff was wonderful. I go to MB every year on a golf package and will definitely get a rate from the Embassy before finalizing. It was peaceful, restful, and very quiet which was nice after a full day of golf, shopping, and dining. A well kept secret!

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all rooms have ocean view but you might want to verify.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites all over the United States and I have to admit, this was by far the best one. From the very first interaction at the Front Desk we were greeted with nothing but warm and friendly staff during our entire stay. The bellman that brought our bags up to our room actually had the ice bucket filled and waiting for us when we arrived at our room. He took the time to give a quick tour of the suite and even gave us a great tip about the AC. The staff in the restaurants were very accommodating and pleasant for 6:30 in the morning when we would go down for breakfast. The concierge was knowledgeable and friendly - definitely pointed us in the right direction for the best pizza in the area which made our 14 year old son very happy. The housekeeper who took care of our suite was awesome - even on the days that we didn't want service they always contacted us to see if we needed anything. The location was beautiful, we were right on the beach and had an amazing view from our room. I loved everything about this property and cannot wait to coming back again next Summer! I have already recommend this property to friends and family and we just got back from our vacation today!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side should be quieter and have no obstructed views. The South side faces the po...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Staff was superb! Arrived early- was able to check in at 8am! A waiter staff actually came up to me as I was holding my 4 month old and wiped her nose for me as I was attempting to help my 3 y/o daughter grab a muffin!!!
Location is wonderful. On the beach, close to shopping and eating. Also free shuttle to local places in case you don't want to drive.
Splash- great fun for young children- also had indoor pool for those cloudy days.
Only negative from a mom's perspective- no playground on site or anywhere close. Also, AC in room was loud.
Restuarant downstairs very reasonable prices for kids food and offers fruit plate opt instead of fries.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family