Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Very clean and the house keeping was excellent. Really nice staff! Rooms took a little longer to get ready than we liked but over all the place was clean and cool. Parking could have been a little closer, the long walks from the lot is hard on a disabled person. Next time if there is one I will have to have my handicap parking permit with me. One thing I found really odd was that I was told I couldn't put up an umbrella in front of the hotels rented chairs?? Granted if it was blocking someone's view I could understand the life guard telling me I had to move behind the chairs they rent. But if you have been to Myrtle Beach the chairs set back a good city block! So to open my unbrella I had to sit up in the thick hot sand behind all his umbrella's where there was no breeze at all!!!! What was his point? Guess he didn't want me on the beach, so I did just that. Left never to be seen on the beach again! Probably because I didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices of his rental chairs! Panama City here I come!

Room Tip: North side of the building is cooler because it doesn't get the afternoon sun. We stayed on the...
1  Thank Libby H

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We come here every year for a business conference. It's a consistently good property however this year there were a couple of "buts"...

The grounds are nice. However there was construction going on--seems like a strange time and place to put a generator but that's what they were doing right by the main entrance. They were also jack hammering around the hot tub of one of the pools one day. I can't think that they'd plan this type of work during peak season so I assume something was up. But still, it wasn't particular quiet during our stay.

But otherwise the property is nice enough. They've remodeled since last year and I think the changes are for the better. It's easy access to the beach and the beach was pristine.

The room was fine. We checked the option for a corner upper floor room if they were available at check in for some extra $$. We got the higher floor but we were one off of the corner view (which we had last year and were a little spoiled by it). But the room is a nice 2 room layout. It seems a bit odd to walk through the bathroom to get to either the bedroom or the living room but I'm sure this makes sense if there are kids or others sleeping in the living room (it was just the 2 of us). The air conditioner was working hard and barely keeping up but it was "OK". The only issue I had with the room was a fairly strong smell of mildew in the shower area. It mostly was kept to this room (where the toilet was located as well) so it didn't hinder us too much. And I'm ultra sensitive when it comes to that smell but even my wife noticed it. I didn't mention it during our stay as I hate to make waves but I did bring it up in a hotel survey emailed to me.

The last negative comment has to do with the Internet. I am fortunate to travel alot and I've never encountered such slow speeds. I called the 800 number and they walked me through some obvious steps but it wasn't my computer/Ipad/phone; it was somewhere on the hotel side. It was horrible. I really hope they take care of this as it's a huge inconvenience.

In retrospect these problems didn't put a damper on an otherwise nice stay but still they took away from the overall experience for sure.

I would recommend this place for families with kids (there's a fun looking kiddie pool/activity/lazy river spot as well as the ocean steps away. I didn't eat any meals on property other than the "free" breakfast and it was respectable. I would recommend, as the hotel does, getting there early to beat what I'm sure is a mad rush of families.

But everyone seemed to have smiles on their faces--even the worn out kids and parents at the end of a day on the beach. Man I'm glad I just have grandkids know and don't have to do that anymore!! :)

Room Tip: If choosing a room from the hotel website choose the option for a higher floor and corner suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ohiocoalminer
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I reservation was originally for the Brighton but upon check-in we were told that a room came available at the Embassy which i thought was great and at the same rate. The inside was beautiful and my check-in process was less than 2 minutes. We were on the 19th floor, room 1902 to be exact and it's an ocean view. some of the reviews stated that the elevators were etaking too long but all 3 were right on schedule (NO DELAYS). The mangers exception is something to be desired but compaired to most Embassy's I've stayed in at least you get something to snack on and the drinks were right on. The entire hotel and staff were great and helpful. The pool was a cloudy, not sure if guest were not showering before getting in but either way we still enjoyed our stay. The Kingston Pantation is great community and a safe community and i would rather stay here then at a holtel on the stip where its crowded. I've already told my husband next year this is or new vacation spot and we've already made reservations for next year.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I level of customer service at this hotel is very poor. I would not reccomend this hotel to any one. I am a customer service manager and if my staff treated anyone the way your staff treats and speaks to people they would not have a job. DONT STAY HERE!

4  Thank bouake123
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The family took a week-end trip to Myrtle beach on a last minute decision. Last year we stayed at the Hilton at Kingston Plantation and was very pleased. Our son loved the water park that is right beside the Embassy Suites so we decided to stay there. We travel a lot so we decided to use our Hilton points since we have Diamond status. When we called we were told that it would take 75,000 points to cover two nights so ok, we did it. When we arrived, we were told that our room was in the south hamtpon tower. We were not told that it is NOT a suite and that these rooms are individually owned by others. Breakfast is not included and the usual happy hour that Embassy Suites have is not honored here. No big deal on that though but would have been nice to know that our room was not a suite. We did get complimentary wireless because of our diamond status but ended up using our mifi to log on. They simply could not tell us what was wrong until the last day. We may book here again but it will not be in the south hampton tower.

2  Thank mlineberger
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I am typically not a complainer, but this property has some issues that need to be addressed. I will start by stating that the wife and I both are Hilton Diamond members. We stay at Hilton properties every week for business. I really like staying at Embassy Suites. They have spacious rooms, a great breakfast and a free managers reception each night.

The next day after a stay at a Hilton property, we always receive a review email. We have stayed at the Myrtle Beach Embassy several times and have yet to receive one. So since you don't send out a review, I will just post it here for all to see :)

Complaint #1 - You have the worst Managers Reception of the entire chain of Embassy's - I would know I have stayed in about them all. You use the cheapest alcohol possible. Your food - Who plans your food? You have ranch dressing and a cracker? That's it? You put out the same melon each day that no one eats? One night you have out some stale tortilla chips, You can't even manage to keep any out? People just gave up and went somewhere else. Half the time we were there (8 nights) your beverage dispensers didn't work at your bar. For $300 a night, you would think you could fix the drink dispenser. Last week I stayed at the North Charleston Embassy. They had decent alcohol. They had out humus, pita chips, tortillas, 3 cheeses, 2 cheese dips, salsa, 4 types of fruit, a veggie plate with RANCH dressing that you so love. They had 1/4 the people at theirs you have at yours! Get your reception somewhat up to par with the rest of the chain.

Complaint #2 How about answering the phone occasionally. We called down probably 20 times while we were there and never got an answer.

Complaint #3 Why do I have to pay a bell hop to use a luggage cart? I say at the Hilton next door and can use a cart. I stay at the Royal Palms next door and can use a cart. Why do I have to pay with you? I've NEVER had to pay someone at an embassy in the South for a cart!

Complaint #4 You need to fix your pool nearest the ocean. It is EXTREMELY nasty. Both my kids, my wife and myself have some sort of rash since we got home and I would bet it came from that pool. It was so nasty one day, my kids couldn't see pool toys on the bottom in the shallow end. That black band on the side just above the water line-- that's FILTH how about cleaning it occasionally?

In a nutshell - you have a great location, nice water-park, beautiful beach. You have all the business you want and you charge for it. But you really don't give a crap about your customers because you will have the business regardless - and it shows.

You may want to send out the review email (like EVERY other property) moving forward.

Room Tip: Stay on low floors. The elevators are sometimes crowded (if they work at all)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Alan N
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Great location right on the beach. Within a planned community including other hotels (a sister-Hilton just up the beach) as well as condos/houses. So there's a gate house (big deal), but more importantly an excellent fitness center to which hotel guests have access. There's multiple pools, a small lazy river, hot tubs. Free breakfast in a temporary building at the time we were there, but renovations should be complete by the time you get there. So will all this going for it, the hotel grounds and breakfast were crowded. It was spring break time, so I suppose more than the usual number of families were there, and since the ocean was still cold, that may have overcrowded the pools. Location is north of the bustle of the center of Mrytle Beach, which was OK by us.

Room Tip: South facing rooms view center of Myrtle Beach, north facing rooms face less-populated areas and the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family