Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is such a great place. It has so many activities for the kids and us. Has a great little water park in addition to all the other pools available but the water park only stayed open from 10-6pm. Definitely not long enough during the summer months. Morning breakfast buffet was included. The beach was clean and fun. The staff was courteous and helpful. Truly a five star resort.

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor pool side, oceanview. Great views of everything but very loud in the after...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

The interior remodel is lovely! However the pool is a zoo to the point it is not enjoyable! There was literally was a baby in diapers in the hot tub! Please note the hotel interior is very clean my low rating is for the baby & diaper in the hot tub and no staff willing to rectify. Please note this property has a kiddie pool, lazy river and splash zone, many safe options for little ones!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Took my granddaugher and daughter to Kingston for a weekend trip. Been there many times before and everything was great. This time very disappointed as a Hilton Honors member. Had to pay for parking and internet access this time. Also room was dirty - hair all over the bathroom. Our pillows were smelled so bad that we had to ask for new - soured from not drying properly. Last year during the renovations everyone was very concerned with your satisfaction. This time no one could have cared less. Will consider changing from Hilton Honors to Marriott for future MB stays.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RosalindG163
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. I hope that if your travels bring you and your family back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. We want you to know that your satisfaction is very important to us, and we will make the necessary improvements to ensure we provide an exceptional hotel stay in the future. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We went on a ladies-only trip at the end of July for 3 nights at Embassy Suites at Kingston. We had 2 suites with 4 adults per suite. This was the first time any of us had stayed here and to be honest, not sure if any of us will ever go back, I know I won't. It was OK, but a very, very crowded hotel and we encountered a lot of problems with our reservation and our rooms.

I've been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a child ( I am now 43 yrs old and usually go with my hubby and 6 yr old) and have stayed at lots of different resorts and hotels on the Grand Strand and my family and I usually prefer to stay at smaller resorts that are not high-rise, so I already knew this hotel would not be for me, but since I did not book the trip and was just going along with some friends, it would be OK for just a few days. So I expected the crowds. However, we did run into a lot of problems while we were there but I will say the hotel did offer compensation for the problems so that was appreciated.

At check in, our rooms were not ready, but we arrived around 1pm so that was not a big deal, we just headed to the pool bar. When we booked, we asked for adjoining or side-by-side suites and at check-in, my friend was told that we would not be able to get that the first night, and would have to move the 2nd day - we had been told when booking this would be guaranteed, so that was annoying. A couple hours later, we went back to check in and they said our rooms were ready and they were able to get us next to each other, so we were pleased. But upon arriving in our rooms, we discovered it was King beds and we needed doubles with 4 ladies per room, so we had to move again and this time the rooms were correct, on the 18th floor, side by side but not adjoining suites. I do want to note that the bell boy, Jordan, was so sweet and patient with 8 crazy women who LOTS of luggage. He was the best employee we encountered the whole trip.

Later that day, we discovered our shower in one suite leaked out black stuff out into the sink/dressing area - it was really gross. We called maintenance and they responded quickly but said there was nothing wrong. The shower leaked the whole time we were there so obviously something was wrong. The TV in the bedroom of one suite never worked at all. The fridges never cooled very well. Then on the 2nd day when we had another friend checking in, the front desk and bellhops that day were very rude to my friends about moving their car. We did complain about all of this and the hotel did take off $200 off our bill, so that helped but we still had a leaky shower and no TV in one bedroom the entire stay.

The other issues I had with this hotel is that there is a parking charge of $9.47 per day per car. As I said, I've been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a child and have never ever had to pay for parking anywhere else I've stayed. That was ridiculous especially considering you could never even find a decent parking space yet you had to pay that fee. They also charge $9.99 per day for Internet access while every other hotel I've been to there offers free Wifi, if not in the room, at least in common areas of the hotel, but not at Embassy.

The pools were nice but so crowded it was not enjoyable. Unless you got up before 7am and put your towel down, you could not get a chair at the pool area. Also, there were lots of kids with water guns soaking other guests at the pool and soaking people's belongings and no one ever did anything about it. The parents didn't care nor anyone at the hotel. This shouldn't happen when you pay $300+ per night and we did mention this when we complained to the front desk - it was unacceptable that behavior went on for so long and no one did anything, other guests were livid that their belongings were soaked by unruly kids with no parents around. We did enjoy the pool bar and food there, while expensive, which we expected, it was decent and the staff there was very friendly and helpful.

Because Kingston is so huge, the beach area stays crowded. Just not my preference. The pool was so crowded you could barely move in the water without hitting someone else.

I will say that the free breakfast was surprisingly good. There were lots of choices and you could get something different every day - they also make made-to-order omelets. We never had to wait in line at breakfast but we got there usually around 8am. Closer to 9am I did see big lines. We only went to the happy hour one time to get our free drinks and free "appetizers." Don't expect much food - it's more snacks like chips and chex mix but it was OK, drinks weren't bad but again, very crowded.

The lines for the elevators too were always long and there are only 3 elevators for such a large hotel and all are slow. So you will spend a lot of time waiting for elevators.

The rooms themselves were nice and clean with updated furniture just very small. Having 4 per room was very tight.

Overall, I just did not like this hotel but I expected a lot of the crowds and stuff because I know Myrtle Beach and know the bigger resorts like this can get too crowded for my taste. So just realize that if you are going to stay here. It's not my cup of tea and I would not stay here again because it's too big and crowded, especially at $300 per night and especially because of the parking fees.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tikicisti
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I went for a weekend together. Everything was wonderful from check in to check out. The resort was clean, the room was clean. It was great being right on the beach. We had an oceanview room and we expected to have to lean way out to see the ocean but we were wrong! We had an amazing view! I would only request to stay higher up next time to reduce the noise from the air conditioner.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie F
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Been here several times in the last few years for education meetings. The recently remodeled lobby area and dining area is very nice. Included breakfast is plentiful with made to order omelets. Rooms are nice separate bedroom and den area. Water park is great for the kids and beach access is easy. My only beefs - why do I have to pay extra for internet access and especially - to park?
Looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This hotel was awesome! We had a great view of the ocean. Breakfast is a great value and wasn't too busy. They have it down to a science. The staff working the buffet was very friendly. Great location and will be back to take advantage of the water park and beach since we were only there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family