“Good hotel with nice amenities”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #19 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our family has stayed here numerous times over the years while I am attending meetings. Everything is unchanged. There is a good breakfast buffet with custom omelets. A free managers reception with drinks for those so inclined. Numerous pools and kiddie splash water park and lazy river. The rooms are clean and well kept. One good difference - they no longer charge for wifi. Will definitely stay here again if attending next years meeting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark S

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Upon recommendation I stayed at this property outside of my usual location for Myrtle beach. I must say I am happy I did. The rooms were very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpful. The size of the one bedroom was very large and spacious. Of course the view was magnificent. Amazingly with all the family's there the hotel at night was very quiet. We enjoyed the breakfast and complimentary cocktail hour they offered. I would definitely stay again as it was an overall great experience.

Room Tip: 20th floor ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fittravelchick
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Once a year I arrange a trip for the kids when I take a few days off to relax with them.
Yes its Myrtle Beach... Yes its a touristic area... Yes they are a million mini golf places....
But this is for their fun and not mine... I was lucky enough to get the top floor oceanfront room that has a wrap around balcony. It is worth EVERY PENNY because these rooms are the largest they have. A big shower overlooking the ocean. The room was clean and inside looked pretty good. The bed was a bit too springy but was good enough.
The best thing about the hotel for the kids is the onsite water park. They spend hours in it and then show up on the beach for a while then go back to water park. I have an 11 year old and a 7 year old. To them this place was paradise.
Morning breakfast is also excellent. Great selection. The trick is to go early to avoid the mahem rush hour...There used to be a Omaha steakhouse restaurant that was closed down when the renovations were done. Now it is a very good restaurant called Vintage Twelve. Great wine selection and I had the perfect shrimp and grits there. Of course the onsite Starbucks is a great help to start and end your long day. The managers reception was also pretty good.
Kids had a blast and I did not have any issues during my 5 night stay. People are there to help you in any way they can. Great family place to stay. 2 thumbs up.

Room Tip: Try to get top floor on the water park side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelForLife2000
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Saturday night poolside show Elvis and Friends is fantastic. It gets everyone of all ages up dancing. Everyone loves it!!!. Both performers are great. It appeals to all ages. We just loved it. Hope they do it again next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I actually found this property by accident. While I was showing my daugther the timeshare I had rented on Google maps (looking at the pools and layout of another property) I zoomed out a little and panned down the beach. She saw the waterpart at the Embassy Suites and asked why were weren't staying there. Well, I knew I had to get one additional night in Myrtle beach at a regular hotel before checking into our timeshare for the week and after reading a bunch of reviews and looking at more pictures, this went to the top of the list. We got a 1 bedroom (with 2 queen beds)/ waterview for a great rate (on a Sat. in the summer). We checked in and the room was great. The hotel was beautiful (not sure if it's rather new or if it's had a recent renovation, but it looked great...lobby, restuarant and room). We had a great room with a large balcony. Couch, chair, ottoman/coffee table, desk, wetbar, table and chairs were nice looking and comfortable. TV was good. Bathroom was clean (tub/toilet area was a little tight) the sink was out in the bedroom (with doors to close off for privacy). The waterpark and lazy river were great (good temp. ...probaby heated). They had some great entertainment on Sat. night down by the pools. Wristbands are needed for the whole pool area. They also had lifeguards that seemed to be pretty attentive (a lot better than some other hotels I've seen in Myrtle Beach). Parking was easy (got a great space). As with all Embassy Suites, we loved the happy hour (2 free drinks and snacks...chips & salsa, veggies and dip, and peanuts...pretty good to tide kids over till dinner). Get there early, the lines get long at the bar. Bartenders were great (don't forget to tip on your free drinks). The breakfast buffet was fantastic (finding a seat was a little hectic, but nothing too crazy). I will definately stay here again!!

Room Tip: Waterview was good (expect some ocean view mixed with looking at other hotel/rooftops). Pool view w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyTripTaker
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Ate here twice this year and it was terrible both times. Last year (2013) it was great, I'm not sure what happened here... Our second time we had to ask three times to get silverware and we already had our food in front of us. Our waiter brought another tables food out knowing we didn't have eating utensils. We even asked to speak to a manager who walked past our table five times and did not approach us...on purpose.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 15 August 2014

While the location was nice on the beach, and the rate was good, the room, bathroom, towels, building, hall, amenities, etc. were awful. It needs a major overhaul. New towels might be a nice start.....the towels I use at home to wipe the dog paws are nicer. That kind of sums up the entire place. My sons dorm in college has a nicer hallway. I am 5'2" and felt my head was going to hit the ceiling in the lobby. Why Hilton would have this as part of their line up of properties, I have no idea. If I wanted a cheap sub-par hotel, I would have just used Priceline and saved some $. Instead I thought I was going with a safe Hilton family property. Be warned. Note, we were in the South Hampton building. Perhaps the main building is nicer.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the South Hampton building. Maybe the main building is better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VTWolf
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Thank you!

#6 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#16 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!