“Wouldn't Stay Here Again”

The Breakers Resort
Ranked #31 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2007

We stayed here because my daughter was attending a dance competition and most of her troupe was staying at this hotel. The only good thing about it was that it was located on the beach and in spite of it all, she had a good time because her friends were all there. The room smelled and the sheets hadnot been changed upon arrival. They were not changed every day and the room was not vacummed every day either because there would be sand on the floor from the beach that was never removed. There was something going on in that hotel because a lot of the kids came down with a stomach virus...(perhaps from the lazy river). I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank newjerseydaisy

Reviewed 2 July 2007

The breakers is conveniently located to broadway at the beach which I would highly recommend to visit. The room was an oceanfront room, clean with a balcony. It has a lazy river pool which was really nice, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.It has several jaquzzi tubs that were so relaxing.There's two bars that overlook the ocean, a restaurant and ice cream shop across the street. The parking ramp is across the street and free.The room rate was excellent for all that was offered, I would stay at the breakers again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2007

We had heard such good things about the resort from some people who had stayed there so we decided to give it a try. I made a reservation for the Palmetto Building because it had all the pools and close to alot of resturants. So figured the location would be great...which it was. We also thought it would be nice to have a kttchen in the room as well so we could make breakfast and do lunches instead of having to leave all the time. The room was not all what we expected at all. For the price we paid we felt they should have been kept up ALOT better and the kicthen wasn't even worth paying extra for. Pretty much what we paid for was being right on the beach and location to some stores and resturant. We will not go back again and if we did we wouldn't stay at the Breakers Resort. There were nicer hotels like the Camelot right next door.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2007

I visited your resort on june 23,2007 and what a experience.First of all, i was on the road for 5 hours,which should have been 3, then I get to the hotel, and they couldn't find my reservation(i made the mistake of booking on another website) so this was the start of a horrible weekend,or so I thought. The customer service rep
Melissa Shotwell, was exactly that-CUSTOMER SERVICE! She worked with me to contact the booking company , kept checking with the reservation department, and was continuasly working solely with my reservation problems , and finally checking me into my room. She was a pleasure to deal with, and is an asset to your company. She turned a miserable morning into a enjoyfull weekend. We will be returning.
The atmosphere was simply amazing, very friendly people, and very easy beach access.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2007

This year, we rented a condo unit from a private owner in the Paradise Towers. (John Bueti) This was an excellent choice for us! The condo was spacious and we enjoyed the amenities that the resort had to offer. It is so conveniently close to everything. It was the most relaxing vacation we've had in a long time. Keeping up after ourselves, in our own time, gave us more privacy. We had our own washer/dryer, so having clean towels and clothes were never a problem.
If you've ever had questions about renting from the owner, directly, let me honestly say that I prefer and highly recommend it. Excellent customer service!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2007

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 5 day vacation at The Breakers in Myrtle Beach. The ocean front, king suite was all it needed to be... it was clean, the king size bed was very comfortable; the oceanfront balcony provided breathtaking sunrises every morning; the kitchenette was more than we needed as we only used the fridge, microwave and sink. The couch was uncomfortable and the room (in general) needs updated, that's my only complaint... but I didn't go to the beach to sit on the couch, and the chairs were fine.
The pools were clean and the hot tubs are huge and feel great! The lazy river was nice, and the hotel bar will put your drink in plastic cups so you can sip a margarita while you float or enjoy the hot tubs.
The beach was clean and we rode the waves two days. Souvenir shops and restaurants are within walking distance and the parking garage is across the street.
We were there between Harley Bike Week and Sport Bike Week, the week before Memorial Day ... it was like a ghost town for the first three days, and not many kids around since school was still in session. We had a wonderful, romantic vacation and The Breakers played a role in that. The staff was very helpful and courteous.
Whatever you do ... do not get pizza from the place across the street. It was terrible, frozen, underdone pizza ... gross. Everything else was just wonderful! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2007

We stayed at the Breakers in the Paradise Tower, on the 5th floor. It was great. Great view, oceanfront. The staff was nice, and the unit was very clean (I'm picky). Would recommend it again to anyone. There are different towers, so I would recommend that Paradise Tower -- it is the newer one, I think.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family