“Pet Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #82 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Aberdeen, NC
“Pet Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

If you want a nice clean and very friendly motel where both you and you pets can feel at home this is the motel for you. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are large and comfortable and extremely reasonable. Our business king room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker and a good wi fi service in each room plus a computer and printer in the lobby area. There is a Waffle House across the parking lot that has great food. There is also a McDonalds in walking distance. The hotel is also quite quit especially since pets are welcome.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Streicker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cary NC
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The hotel is conveniently located, very clean, nice property & pet friendly ... the staff were very helpful & made for a very nice overnight stay ... excellent value for money

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Illinois
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Very nice place to stay and they are pet friendly! Rooms are very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Very quiet friendly place to stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
VA
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This was my first time visiting the Red Roof Inn in MB. We arrived past 4:00 p.m. and had not trouble checking in. We went and looked at the room before signing in. Over-all, we liked this place. This was our first hotel stop while in MB. We had a 8 lbs. Yorkie dog with us. BED WAS TERRIBLE. You could feel springs when you laid or sat on the bed. The first night, Friday, from about 1:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. there was WAY to much noise in the hallway. People talking and arguing VERY LOUD... We hardly got any sleep at all! Not good for business people that were DEAD tired when we got there. Next morning, 6:00 a.m. we go to the breakfast bar, where normally they do not have past Labor Day; however, because of the hurricane they had left-overs. Anyway, we make our waffles and I chatted with the front desk clerk. Then we went back to sit down at the table and the front desk clerk had gotten a call and then asked if you had a dog in the room. I said yes and he is in his crate! Well, wouldn’t you know, someone called complaining that our dog was barking… I immediately got up and went to the room. Keep in mind, I really haven’t gotten any sleep that night. I go and take care of my doggie. Well, partially my fault because I had just put him in there and didn’t give him a treat nor did I leave the TV on. Anyway, can you believe the nerve of some people? Keeping us up all night and calling the front desk complaining three hours later because a dog barking… Whatever! Anyway, I contacted the management there once we arrived back home and I must say that they were very understanding and gave me a partial refund. Once I was back home! There was mold on the ceiling over the work area desk. If you are VERY allergic then you had better check your room really well. We are not allergic so we had no real issues with the mold! Yes, we will probably stay at this Red Roof Inn again as we feel the management handled our issues VERY well. Good Job Management! Customer Service is GREAT here.

Room Tip: Friendly Staff and wonderful Management!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank VaSpeters56
Davidhelman, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry about your experience with us. Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I always stay at Red Roofs when we travel because we have 2 dogs. This Red Roof is an exception. It is 1 short block away from the beach about a 5min walk. 3 Big Grassy areas for the pooches, a brand new waffle house next door and a very cool miniature golf course right across the street. It has a nice pool as well. Staff is very friendly and the "do it yourself" waffle station is delish, including the coffee. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel except that because its very dog friendly, our dogs have aquired fleas from either the grassy areas or the hotel carpet. Luckily is was only a couple fleas on each of them. You have to expect this from a multi-pet hotel but carpet should be powdered after each dog visit as a preventative.

Room Tip: Pool Side Business King is nice and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

At the Red Roof Inn, we do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable. That’s why we invite you to relax with your 4-legged family member.

And unlike other “pet friendly” hotels, there are no additional charges.

Red Roof’s Pet Policy:
One well-behaved family pet is permitted unless
they are prohibited by state law or ordinance.
Service animals are always welcome.
Pet must be declared during guest registration.
Please keep your pet on a leash (or in a carrier) when you are outside your room.
In consideration of all Red Roof guests, a pet
must never be left unattended in the guestroom.

We ask a person to declare they have a pet in the room so we can ensure the room is properly cleaned when the guest leaves. However, occasionally we are not notified of a pet and for that I apologize.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This is a great hotel! Very clean for the price! Great service! When we checked in though we were given a room that was not cleaned, but they turned around and quickly gave us another room with an upgrade! Will stay at this hotel again in the near future!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank firedragon39
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments! I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Charleston, SC
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My family and I stayed 2 days and 2 nights.
When we checked in the floor looked like foot prints in the sand all over the carpet. The next day I guest housekeeping couldn't vacuum it out either.

The first night we turned the refrigerator up on high and stocked up on food and drinks. The next day it was still barely cold so we got a bucket of ice and put it in the frig to keep our food cold. When we left it was still just barely working.

Check out day came and that was the last straw " we couldn't stand no more" !
We made a phone registration and was quoted one price, but was charged a different price upon checking out. I had only a confirmation number and nothing in writing so I could dispute it. I tried but he managers reply was "we only make money 3 months out of the year". Now I know how they make money.

Get it in writing.

Beware, be very aware!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ufarlba
Davidhelman, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Hello, I apologize for your experience during your stay with me. I can assure you that corrective measures have been taken regarding this situation. I take pride in providing superior service and we are taking steps to prevent similar problems in the future.

Please know that I value you as our guest and appreciate your feedback.

If you have further questions please feel free to contact me.

GM RRI