“Excellent hotel and superb customer service!”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #80 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Especially Emily and Lynette. We were here on business for 2 nights and they did everything to make sure our stay was perfect. Our room was very nice and clean and opened up to the heated pool. We stay in different hotels every night all across the country and this was absolutely the nicest place for the money. And hands down best staff anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lindsays17
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Lindsays 17,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am very fortunate to have what I consider the best staff in Myrtle Beach. They are always looking for ways to make our guests stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

After reading a few of the earlier reviews I was sceptical . We stayed there from Thursday to Sunday and it was a very nice Hotel . They reduced the price that I received from the internet and gave us the Car show rate , which I thought was very very nice . The halls were clean and looked like a new hotel . My room was immaculate . The beds were clean and very comfortable . The maid made our beds every day and gave us clean towels. The TV worked great along with the remote . Parking was surprising easy to find spots , considering the car show and Spring break was going on . The ice machines worked great . The outside of the hotel was well kept ( no garbage hanging out ) and the trees around the property gave it a country look . The beach was a two block walk and there were tons of places to eat . The hotel was about 5 minutes from Market Commons ( you have to check that place out - really nice . I will definitely use this hotel the next time I go to Myrtle Beach .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you had a great time at the “Run to the Sun” car show. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the beach.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel in good location, seemed clean and the rooms spacious however after spending a week at the property, my husband broke out in a red bumpy rash on his forearms and wrists. After a trip to the doctor it was determined the rash was caused by bed bugs. Isolated incident, hopefully ?! This was the only hotel he stayed in, so it had to come from here. Pets are allowed, so expect some barking from 4 legged guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank outlawsbride
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for telling us about your husband’s experience at our Hotel. Red Roof Inns takes a proactive approach to ensuring our guests are not confronted with any issues. We train our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff on the signs of any pests and we have been testing a new preventative treatment for the last 5 months at this location.

Please ask your husband to contact me immediately so that we can discuss his experience. We have our third party company coming out this week for a preventative treatment and I would like to have as much information as possible to give to him.

If you are ever in our area again, we’d love to have you give us another try, I’m sure you will have a great stay with us.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nothing Fancy here, no free breakfast, they do have coffee. Rooms are large enough, bathrooms are very small. Rooms do come with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Well worth teh price I paid for the week. The place is starting to show it's age even with ongoing repairs, painting etc. Would I stay again? It depends on teh rate and how strapped I was for funds.

I had trouble with kids running up and down the hall while I was trying to sleep(10 pm).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. We try to give our guests a good value for their money. We do provide a free continental breakfast including hot Waffles, starting the middle of May and continues thru Labor Day. If you ever have problems with other guests, don’t hesitate to call the front desk 24 hours a day so that we can resolve the problem for you. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My family and I booked this hotel on our weekend family vacation. The location was excellent. Not far from the main attractions, and a golf course was within walking distance. The room was nice and clean. The guest wasn't so friendly. They call the front desk on my kids ages 8 and 3 at 8 30 saying that they were to loud. My kids was so excited about there day they had that they were just discussing it amongst each other just being kids. But overall we had a blast.

Room Tip: If you book through priceline, you will get a great deal for this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tedwards2269
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Tedwards,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We do love to hear about our guests visit with us. We love families with children and I understand how they can be excited on their visit to the beach. I am glad to hear you had a blast even with the comment from the other guest. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had never stayed at the RedRoof Inns before in my life until I stayed at this property and Im glad this location was my first. Very professional and courteous front desk,,very clean and comfortable room. Would have stayed a 2nd night and enjoyed my whole weekend but I had more traveling to accomplish. Looking forward to another stay at this property and other RedRoof Inns.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Brother Wesley M

Dear BrotherWesley M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay with us. Since you were not able to stay with us for more than one night, I hope you will find the time to come visit us again when you do have more time. Myrtle Beach has many great things to do both at the beach and in town. Our weather is warming up and the pool will be opening later this week. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We booked our hotel for this beach stay through hotwire and ended up at the Red Roof Inn !! It was decent when we pulled up but when we got to the room it was far away from relaxing, and comfortable room! It was filthy and out of date !! The pool was very small and had crowds of people around it day and night partying and smoking to the point where I didn't bring my kids! All night was tons of noise and housekeeping was horrible , we had to borrow cleaning supplies and clean our own room because it was still dirty after house keeping came ! Do not stay it will ruin your trip !!!

Stayed: June 2013

Dear Misswelborn,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us in June. I am so sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. I would love to talk to you in person regarding the issues you encountered to ensure they do not occur in the future, of possible please give the property a call and ask for Dave.