“This is the BEST!!”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #80 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A perfect base for vacation or relocation: hotel quality at reasonable prices, and less than two blocks to the beach! As the Scots would say "You're spoiled for choice here": just two minutes from the charm of Market Common, with its wide variety of restaurants and shops (and a 14 screen movie theater). In location and atmosphere, this Inn is midway between the bustle of central Myrtle Beach and the seclusion of Pawley's Island.

The rooms are comfortable - large, clean, and well-appointed. The management and staff are truly outstanding: friendly, knowledgeable, doing their best to guarantee you a perfect stay. Housekeeping is thorough, maintenance efficient, and the front desk folks go out of their way to give you the benefit of their local recommendations. You need only ask to get any other help you need.

Plus: free WiFi, pet friendly, coffee all day, (heated pool and breakfast seasonally). Many thanks to all for making this a true "home away from home" for me on an extended stay (former frequent business traveler relocating to the area). Look no further for your place to stay! Great value!!

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room if you want the most quiet, a room facing the pool if you like to go outside...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan L
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Susan L,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our property! I couldn’t sum up the strengths of our property any better. We have a great location away from the noise and traffic of Ocean Boulevard, yet close to the beach, restaurants, miniature golf and so much more. I believe we have the friendliest staff around, who will do anything to ensure our guests have a great stay. Thanks again for the great review. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Another great stay at the Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
This was our 7th stay at the Red Roof in 2 years. My family and I like the Pet friendly Inn. The staff is great. Fast check in.Clean rooms. We know some of the staff by names. They also know us and they even know our dog`s name. There are several dogs at the Hotel at any given day but the Great thing is that you don`t hear any dogs barking. Try this Hotel even if you don`t have a Dog. It is Great. We stayed at the Royal inn for over 22 yearsand was torn down a couple years ago. We are thankful to have found the Red Roof Inn. The Red Roof is our new Home. Try it. You will love it. Terry and Debbie In North Carolina..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Terry B,

Thank you for writing such a nice review about my property. We always enjoy seeing our regular guests and their pets. I agree with you, I have a great staff that truly cares about our guests and wants to make sure their stay with us is great. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the beach.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have stayed at this Red Roof Inn for many years on our way home from Florida. It is ideal as is close to everything. We can walk to the beach in less than 10 minutes. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a room that led out to the pool which was nice. We would recommend this Red Roof Inn to anyone. Emily is awesome. She is very friendly and knows about the area and the Motel. Everyone is willing to assist you in any way. There are 2 restaurants you can walk to. We look forward to our stay there next year.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room which led to the pool but have stayed in others also.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joyce W

Dear Joyce W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay with us. I believe we have a great location, just two blocks from the beach, with a Waffle House and miniature golf course located next door, all in a nice setting off the busy Ocean Boulevard. I am very fortunate to have a very long term staff that really enjoys taking care of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Upon arrival to this hotel I realized it was located really close to the beach and had a lot of attractions and activities to partake in nearby. Many restaurants in proximity and even a waffle house within walking distance. A.C was not working but we were switched upon request. I did find it odd that breakfast is not offered all year but that was okay for us this time. Front desk and HK staff are amazing, I would definately visit there again.

Room Tip: pick room on first floor near pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan M
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Ryan M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience at our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you, I am fortunate to have an outstanding staff that is always looking for ways to make sure our guests have a great time. We do start our continental breakfast with hot Waffles in mid-May and run it thru Labor Day. I hope to see you again when you return to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have walked out of Red Roof Inns before, but I decided to give them a chance after reading their reviews. The staff was very friendly and eager to make sure we had a good stay. The room could have been cleaner, so my wife cleaned the bathroom and asked for some new linen. They sent a fellow up to our room with new linen within minutes. The bed was a king which I always ask for but it was some what on the soft side and left me with a back ache each morning. This motel is pet friendly and someone's dog started barking one morning. I will give it to the staff that they took care of the problem very quickly. Over all this was the best Red Roof I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clarence M
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Clarence,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I always enjoy hearing about our guests stay as it gives us feedback to help us improve. I will share your comments with my staff and we will give you an even better stay the nest time you stay with us! Thanks again for the king comments about my staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Especially Emily and Lynette. We were here on business for 2 nights and they did everything to make sure our stay was perfect. Our room was very nice and clean and opened up to the heated pool. We stay in different hotels every night all across the country and this was absolutely the nicest place for the money. And hands down best staff anywhere!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lindsays17
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Lindsays 17,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. I am very fortunate to have what I consider the best staff in Myrtle Beach. They are always looking for ways to make our guests stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

After reading a few of the earlier reviews I was sceptical . We stayed there from Thursday to Sunday and it was a very nice Hotel . They reduced the price that I received from the internet and gave us the Car show rate , which I thought was very very nice . The halls were clean and looked like a new hotel . My room was immaculate . The beds were clean and very comfortable . The maid made our beds every day and gave us clean towels. The TV worked great along with the remote . Parking was surprising easy to find spots , considering the car show and Spring break was going on . The ice machines worked great . The outside of the hotel was well kept ( no garbage hanging out ) and the trees around the property gave it a country look . The beach was a two block walk and there were tons of places to eat . The hotel was about 5 minutes from Market Commons ( you have to check that place out - really nice . I will definitely use this hotel the next time I go to Myrtle Beach .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you had a great time at the “Run to the Sun” car show. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to the beach.