“Good Location - Above Average for Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #82 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rochester, New Hampshire
“Good Location - Above Average for Red Roof”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The price was good. My pet was welcome. The staff was amazingly friendly. The room was decent. The location was good for my purposes. It is about a mile from the beach on a major road. I normally don't give Red Roofs 4 stars but this one rated it after the first encounter with my companion. She had to go to the main desk to get the maids to do anything more than throw the bed together and replace the towels, but once my companion made it clear that we wouldn't accept a dirty room, the staff did a nice job and were tipped appropriately. There is a Waffle House on the property and a really nice mini-golf next door. The swimming pool area is excellent except for the day they closed it because someone drowned.

Unfortunately for us we showed up on the next to last day of urban bike week. The first night was quite a show including drunks fighting in the hall and motorcycle burnouts in the parking lot until 3AM. I'll give the hotel a pass as they weren't the ones being unruly. That's just the norm for urban bike week.

Now, my major complaint for all Red Roofs, including this one: Get some half and half for the coffee and for heaven's sake buy some Splenda. Your guests shouldn't have to go to MacDonald's next door to get a decent cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Don't go on Memorial Day weekend.Stay away from the entire Myrtle Beach area at that time. (unle...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Poser55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A little over priced but l guess about normal for Myrtle Beach. It' only about a 5 minute walk to the beach, its next to the Waffle house and McDonalds. The staff has always been friendly and has an outdoor pool . We have stayed there for the last four years and i hope next summer too. The Grand kids also love the waffle breakfast and i enjoy the 24 hour COFFEE !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James S
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My husband and i liked staying at the redroof inn very nice ppl we will all ways stay there cases our dogs can stay also. They are not like most places there that don't let your dogs stay. And the ppl help u with any thing you need.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank havenannsent
Columbus OH
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel was overpriced at $100. Rooms had been recently renovated but were small and had a poor quality of linens. The sheets were very wrinkled and stained. The clerk on duty was not very friendly and made us wait 45 minutes to check-in because he was in the middle of running the nightly reports. I asked if I could give him my card or get the room keys while we waited and he said it wasn't possible. It would be helpful to guests if the clerk knew beforehand what rooms were available so guests wouldn't have to wait so long. The continental breakfast was very limited - mainly waffles and one-bite muffins. No cereals.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SassyCat91
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I absolutely love this place! !!!! It is by far the best hotel there. It's always clean the staff is amazing and friendly that's a huge plus in my book. I hate going to hotels and the workers act like they hate their jobs. Well u want get that here. Just good prices and clean rooms. I do have just one suggestion a small swingset for the kids would be great! It's is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ericswoman
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It is a simple beach hotel. While not in the first line of beach properties this allows it to have a quieter environment and it is still just 10 min walking to the beach. It has a small outdoor swimming pool with sun loungers. The room where we stayed was very spacious but the bathroom was quite small (if somebody is using the toilet you can't open the door). Internet is free and a simple breakfast is complimentary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andre_Alho
Somerset, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We are longtime RediCard members, and as such, are very familiar with all their policies... or so we thought. We were teased with an online promotion for 30% off rooms at select motels, of which this was one. We booked a King Suite, (for two weeks for a Wednesday night), but I could not receive the 30% discount (was too late for the promo), but was at least happy to click on the 20% discount promo. The next day, I had to change our reservation to the next day, Thursday. However, I was unable to: this room CANNOT be changed, canceled or altered! Well, I could not be in two places at once (had a reservation by that time for Red Roof Inns in Asheville NC for Wednesday night and Fri, Sat, Sun night in Columbia SC).

I needed to change my Myrtle Beach reservation from Wed night to Thurs night. As I could not make changes online , I called Customer Service (several times) with the same response each time: There was nothing they could do to change this. I contacted the motel manager, who explained that this was a marketing plan to compete with other "bait rate" motel promos, and that nothing could be done. It was "locked in". Longer story shorter, he agreed to finally cancel it personally and I could then make another new reservation. I tried immediately... and the rate was$40 more than what I just got canceled! BAIT and SWITCH. I did not make that reservation for Thur nite, and I canceled my other reservations for Wed, Fri, and Sat with Red Roof Inn. I gave a 3 rating because I did not actually stay here, no pros or cons.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family