The price was good. My pet was welcome. The staff was amazingly friendly. The room was decent. The location was good for my purposes. It is about a mile from the beach on a major road. I normally don't give Red Roofs 4 stars but this one rated it after the first encounter with my companion. She had to go to the main desk to get the maids to do anything more than throw the bed together and replace the towels, but once my companion made it clear that we wouldn't accept a dirty room, the staff did a nice job and were tipped appropriately. There is a Waffle House on the property and a really nice mini-golf next door. The swimming pool area is excellent except for the day they closed it because someone drowned.
Unfortunately for us we showed up on the next to last day of urban bike week. The first night was quite a show including drunks fighting in the hall and motorcycle burnouts in the parking lot until 3AM. I'll give the hotel a pass as they weren't the ones being unruly. That's just the norm for urban bike week.
Now, my major complaint for all Red Roofs, including this one: Get some half and half for the coffee and for heaven's sake buy some Splenda. Your guests shouldn't have to go to MacDonald's next door to get a decent cup of coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Myrtle Beach Market Commons is renovated with all new rooms, contemporary furniture, new bathrooms with granite countertops, a comfortable easy chair and more. This location features suites, an outdoor heated pool (mid March-October), a picnic area outside, interior corridors, 3 elevators, and a coin laundry. A Waffle House is located adjacent to the property. Oceanfront dining nearby is also available. Free continental breakfast is served daily from Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Select rooms offer microwave/microfridge units. Experience our complimentary coffee-house style coffee & tea. All rooms offer free WiFi access. One well-behaved family pet with no pet deposit, 60 pounds or less, per room is welcome (sorry, pets are not allowed in poolside rooms). Check-in Time: 3:00 PM | Check-out Time: 11:00 AM Check-in Age: 18 years or older ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Red Roof Inn