“This is not 'in' Market Commons, but close by....”

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #80 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 27 July 2014

...and the rooms are 'dated.' However, it was clean and the staff at the front desk friendly and knew the area well, Plus, it is about 2 blocks to beach and close to par 3 & mini golf, and Waffle House. And, close to one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach - - Angelo's. Nice pool; below average free internet service; and very limited free b'feast.

Room Tip: Try to be away from stairs and elevators
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry H
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Larry H,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. As you mentioned we are not located in the Markey Common complex, however, we are one of the closest hotels to the area. Market common has so much to offer our guest with Shopping, Restaurants, Movie Theater, Great jogging paths and many other activities that we added the Market Common name to let our guests know we are conveniently located close to this area. As you also mentioned we are very close to the beach and many other great restaurants and activities. Thanks again for the nice review, we hope to see you soon on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved the location of the hotel. It was literally two blocks away from the beach. One could walk if they wanted too. I drove because of beach equipment. I stayed in a superior king room. It was very clean and spacious for two people. The hotel workers were very friendly and helpful. If I needed directions or anything they would help. It was nice that they served a quick small breakfast in the morning also. Overall I enjoyed my stay with them, especially for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nelzy

Dear Netzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We do have a great location, just a short walk to the beach as well as a waffle house and miniature golf course next door. I am fortunate to have a great staff who are always on the look out on how they can take care of our guests needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the beach.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

pros....good area. 2 beds..lol
cons.First day. the cleaning crew never did anything to our room, they just put a do not clean our room sign on the door.. as if we put it there.. had to ask twice for them to vacuum the floor.. had to ask every day for fresh towels..card reader on the door went out.. took way to long to get us back in our rom

Room Tip: if you come here get a room off the pool... might make up for other down falls
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gene b
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Gene b,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that your housekeeping service was not up to your expectations. I was surprised to hear about this as we normally receive positive feedback regarding our housekeeping department. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call so we can discuss your experience in more detail.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Felt almost sick to stay here. Slept with all the lights on because we were nervous to sleep. Had to reclean counters. Never put any bagage on ground. It was a quick stay and last time we will ever stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank EricaV22

Dear Erica,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. I am very concerned regarding your comments and would like to hear from you so that I can make sure your issues are addressed. Please give me a call so that we can discuss. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

You can't paint over, recarpet, and hide black mold!!! Room stunk of mold almost unbearable, sheets in hideaway bed in our so called suite where never changed left dirty for my children. Needless to say save yourself the hassle pay extra sleep somewhere you can enjoy a good night rest!!! Cause its not there!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank StevanOhio

Dear StevanOhio,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at our Hotel. We would never paint over a mildew issue, so we were very surprised to hear your comments. After further investigation we found a slow leak in the wall at the bathroom that was causing an issue with the room below yours and caused the odor issue in the room you occupied. We have put both rooms out of service and are currently making repairs before renting the rooms again. I want you to have a great experience at my property and would love for you to give us another try, so I am sending you a pass for a free nights stay for you to use on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Black mold in bathroom, filthy, bed broken, air conditioning sounds like a freight train and this was a step up AFTER THEY MOVED US. Noisy, raucous...I did learn that Vodka can be purchased in plastic bottles by the number of them tossed on the grounds. The water pressure was good though.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Janice A

Dear Janice A

Thank you for writing about your experience at our property. I am so sorry your experience was not up to both of our expectations. I believe, I have found the information regarding your stay and have instructed my maintenance staff to check the AC and the bathroom for the issues you reported. Please contact me at your convenience so that we can discuss your stay in person. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly. Easy check-in and check-out. Very nice room., but bring your own hair dryer. It was quiet and everyone there seemed to be friendly. I would stay there again. I would recommend this to anyone. The Waffle House was right there in case in wanted to get something to eat. We didn't a chance to play but there is a putt putt place right next to it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Leonard T,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. We do have hair dryers as well as iron's and ironing boards in all of our rooms. I will have my staff check to see if one is missing and make sure it is replaced. I am very fortunate to have a very friendly staff who truly care about our customers. We have a great location as you mentioned with the Waffle house and the Jurassic Miniature Golf located right next door and only two blocks to the Beach. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.