Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
Ranked #77 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Montpelier, Ohio
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The overall experience was wonderful, staff was great and very helpful. It was close to the airport in which I was flying out of. Christine was the best she is very friendly, helpful, and very kind. We only was their for the evening but will definitely will go back for a weekend get away rooms were clean, beds were nice. My husband also met the front desk employee the next and said he was also very nice.. Great place to stay is all I can say.

• Stayed August 2014
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear RM Hartman,

I really enjoyed reading about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am very fortunate to have a great staff who always provide great customer service to our guests. We have a great location that is very convenient to the airport, beach, restaurants and fun activities. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stay at a lot of Red Roof Inns because of the value and they are pet friendly. We requested a first floor room because of our dog, and we got it. The room was not ready early so we hung out around the beach area, and we then checked in right at 3:00pm. Everything was in order and clean. This is one of the newer updated Red Roof Inns, so that was nice too. When we took our dog for a walk there was plenty of grassy areas to walk her....however, the "pet bag disposal" canister was empty (a problem I see at almost every Red Roof). Also, I noticed that our toilet got clogged at some point...we reported it when we checked out. We passed on the morning pastries in favor of the Waffle House right next door. This Red Roof Inn was a bit more expensive that some of the other Red Roof Inns mainly I think because it was "in season" and all the other hotels in the area are also a bit pricey. This hotel is within a short walk to the beach, which was really nice. I would stay here again.

1 Thank DrBillH
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Dr. Bill H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I will make sure the pet bag station is restocked right away. As you mentioned, we are a bit more expensive when we are in season than most Red Roof Inns, however, we do remain a good value for the area. Our season starts on the Memorial Day weekend and ends around Labor Day. We have some or our best weather in Myrtle Beach in September and October, with much cheaper rates...you might want to come see us again then and save some money. All the golf, shows, and of course the beach are still open and much less crowded during that time period.
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The check in was a little rough but not the desk attendants fault. Rude already checked in customers were the start of the problem and then there were several calls while she was checking me in. The room was in good condition and the hotel was close to what we were wanting yo see at Myrtle Beach. I would rate the breakfast at a medium range but so is the room price. It's a good place to stay if the location works for you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Grg Parker,

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay with us. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay with us after a slow check-in. We normally have extra coverage during busy check-in times to ensure our guests receive a speedy check-in. We do have a great location that is very convenient to the beach, shopping and great restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip the Myrtle Beach.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014

...and the rooms are 'dated.' However, it was clean and the staff at the front desk friendly and knew the area well, Plus, it is about 2 blocks to beach and close to par 3 & mini golf, and Waffle House. And, close to one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach - - Angelo's. Nice pool; below average free internet service; and very limited free b'feast.

Room Tip: Try to be away from stairs and elevators
1 Thank Larry H
Dear Larry H,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. As you mentioned we are not located in the Markey Common complex, however, we are one of the closest hotels to the area. Market common has so much to offer our guest with Shopping, Restaurants, Movie Theater, Great jogging paths and many other activities that we added the Market Common name to let our guests know we are conveniently located close to this area. As you also mentioned we are very close to the beach and many other great restaurants and activities. Thanks again for the nice review, we hope to see you soon on your next visit to the area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I loved the location of the hotel. It was literally two blocks away from the beach. One could walk if they wanted too. I drove because of beach equipment. I stayed in a superior king room. It was very clean and spacious for two people. The hotel workers were very friendly and helpful. If I needed directions or anything they would help. It was nice that they served a quick small breakfast in the morning also. Overall I enjoyed my stay with them, especially for the price I paid.

3 Thank Nelzy
Dear Netzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We do have a great location, just a short walk to the beach as well as a waffle house and miniature golf course next door. I am fortunate to have a great staff who are always on the look out on how they can take care of our guests needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the beach.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2014

pros....good area. 2 beds..lol
cons.First day. the cleaning crew never did anything to our room, they just put a do not clean our room sign on the door.. as if we put it there.. had to ask twice for them to vacuum the floor.. had to ask every day for fresh towels..card reader on the door went out.. took way to long to get us back in our rom

Room Tip: if you come here get a room off the pool... might make up for other down falls
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gene b
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Gene b,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that your housekeeping service was not up to your expectations. I was surprised to hear about this as we normally receive positive feedback regarding our housekeeping department. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call so we can discuss your experience in more detail.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Felt almost sick to stay here. Slept with all the lights on because we were nervous to sleep. Had to reclean counters. Never put any bagage on ground. It was a quick stay and last time we will ever stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank EricaV22
Dear Erica,

Thank you for writing about your stay with us. I am very concerned regarding your comments and would like to hear from you so that I can make sure your issues are addressed. Please give me a call so that we can discuss. Thank you.