“My Pups Loved It”

Ranked #81 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“My Pups Loved It”
Reviewed 4 September 2014

We have never stayed at a hotel that allowed dogs so I'm very thankful for this site. We have 2 small pugs and they did allow us to have both. We loved the location and the room was a perfect size. We were 2 blocks from the beach so we could take the dogs for early morning walks to the beach and again at night. They were pooped when we got home. The pool area and water was kept very nice. The breakfast was just OK but the Waffle House right next door made up for that. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in 140 and I liked the quick access to the pool and to the back entrance to let the dogs out...
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Dear Susan W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am so glad you and your pups had a great time. We run our Breakfast from Memorial day thru Labor day and was a little limited during your stay as we were winding down the breakfast. We are really fortunate to have a Waffle house right next door that provides our guests 24 hours of food within walking distance. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
West Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised to find this hotel after encountering other hotels nearby. I found myself stranded in Myrtle Beach at the airport, so I needed a place to stay until I could catch a flight out the next morning. It was already evening when I started my search for a place to stay, so many other hotel properties were already booked up. Hotels near the airport are notoriously either high-end and overpriced, or extremely low-end No-tells that don't warrant mentioning further here. This Red Roof Inn is budget priced, has a breakfast and is clean, well-maintained, comfortable and safe. The management tells me that they are scheduled to undergo a full room-by-room restoration this winter and spring to be ready for next years' tourist season. However, I didn't really see anything that needs attention or repairs. It still appears fresh and well maintained. The only critique that I might offer is that they have exceptionally slow WiFi and they have no guest-access computer or office area so I wasn't able to book my flight out the next day via computer. Their Wifi is so slow that my smart phone wouldn't navigate the websites of the major carriers. It is a $6.50 cab ride to the airport terminal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FlyboyWV
Dear FlyboyWV,

I enjoyed reading about your stay at my property and am glad you found us. We try very hard to give our guests great hospitality and a nice clean well maintained place to stay. We are aware that our WiFi is not up to our expectations and are currently working with our WiFi provider to come up with a solution to meet the high usage of todays devices. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I liked it. Clean properly accomidated...good location reasonable walking distance from beach (3blocks) air port while near bye was not an annoyance. Would stay here again. There was a slight problem they lost water due to a line malfunction but had it fixed in less than a few hours. Pool was clean and was set up with a disabled lift so a handicapped individyal could enjoy the pool if need be. Employees were courteous and breakfasts was about what you expect basic muffins, pastries, oatmeal, waffles, coffee, and apple and orange juice.

Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Dudley M,

I am so glad to hear you liked it! My staff and I work had to give our guests a nice clean room while providing great customer service. We are located in a great location with the beach, restaurants, miniature golf and other activities located within walking distance of the hotel. Our pool is heated and is open all the way thru October. We hope to see you again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We are currently staying here right now, we chose this place since it's near the Softball field where my husband had a tournament. We originally booked the room with double bed but we had to upgrade to a king bed room since we wanted a room with fridge and microwave. the first room we had the one with the double bed,when we arrived everything was clean and in order had no complains really. The room we are in right now, it's pretty much the same but the only complain I had is the A/C is VERY LOUD. it's past 2:00am right now and we keep waking up because of the sound of the A/C as if it's raining outside. we cant even barely hear the tv unless it's very loud, plus the fact I have a 1yr old kid which makes him cranky because of the loud noise.and the sides of the A/C needs a little cleaning.There's like stains around it not really sure what it is.The staff are VERY nice and accomodating, they attend to all our needs.They even kept the milk for my baby on the storage fridge for us since the first one room we had didnt had any, which I think was so nice of them.Over all we're having a good experience so far.

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Good place to stay when you have a dog. All of the Red Roof Inns take dogs-no questions asked and no fees. Lots of grassy areas for your dog to walk. Courteous staff. Big and clean pool. There is a huge dog park with a pond just about 1/2 mile down the road and perfect for letting the dog run and enjoy herself. Shaded areas for us! Our room did have kind of a musty smell to it-maybe from beach or AC and my allergies were acting up while we were here. Breakfast was ok- make your own waffles and muffins, but I was surprised they didn't have cereal and milk-about the only thing my 2 year old eats. Just a short walk to the beach and a mini golf and waffle house just next door. If you are traveling with a dog, on a budget and looking for something under $100, this is a good, consistent, and reliable hotel chain to go with. It is our go to during road trips just for this purpose alone. So thank you for being dog friendly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey B
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband enjoyed our stay here! The rooms were very clean and the staff were amazing! The pool was beautiful and we loved the bbq grills! Although it's not directly on the beach, it is well worth it! We will be staying here again! We even met the hotel owner who was extremely warm and welcoming!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dale B
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Staff is always kind and courteous. Rooms are exceptionally clean and beds are very comfortable. Modern rooms with exceptional continental breakfast. We travel to Myrtle Beach several times a year and it is like home away from home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family