See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I had planned on spending a week at Summertree Village Condos. I was surprised that when I arrived the clerk was upset that I arrived at 7 PM, even though it said that I had a late arrival guaranteed.

The clerk was not friendly and gave me my room key. I was assigned to room H-5. I told him that I booked via Orbitz. He told me that he was booked via many travel services and that it made no difference. He had no information on me, yet he knew my name and called my cell number, strange he knew my number, but had no info on me.

Well, after signing in, he told me that I owed $112 dollars including tax for a cleaning fee. My contract with Orbitz stated "Maid Fee of $100.00 or Per Stay that is not taxable - Cleaning Fee " Either Orbitz has no idea or it is just a total ripoff, I would guess the second.

As we drove into the complex, we noticed about five families with dogs. Now, this was supposed to have been a non-dog establishment.
We walked into the room and it smelled like dog's urine, the odor was very strong. We asked to be moved, but we had the last condo (two-bedroom, two bath).

We decided to go and get a different room at a different location. The location to the beach was great, but all of the Grand Strand locations look like crap.

We wondered if other vacationing folks had better luck. After talking with other families, they thought of the Grand Strand vacations as we did.

The Grand Strand has numerous properties, on Maison Drive, I would avoid that company and that street.

It is very cheap, but you will see why when you get there.

The worst rooms in over 30 years of traveling. It is truly a 4th world accommodation.

It is very pet friendly, u will find out the hard way, when they have already been in your room. There is no security or managers on duty beyond 5 PM.

Visit at your will. There is free Wi-Fi, but it is at about the same speed as a dial-up

I would never stay here again, even if free. I will never book via Orbitz again either. Orbitz is a just reseller and has no idea of what they are selling.

Cheers
Don't get hoodwinked

I arrive at my room (H-5)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank MarylandVacation
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The room was clean which was a plus...They condo advertises that the property has a grilling area. They do have a grilling area but with only 2 grills for the whole condo complex. My family and i only had the opportunity to use the grill one day of our week stay and it was in the middle of the day which was inconvient. ALso our room did not have internet access....Big disappointment considering we were younger guest who wanted internet.

One thing i found odd was that you pay a 200 dollar cleaning fee but yet you have to make sure all trash is out of the condo with all linens taken to the kitchen floor , all dishes to be washed and put away. Also the beds had to be made.

Ok...when time to leave we were not for sure of where to drop the keys off because we had 2 different instructions sheets with different addresses. I called grandstrands office and the office staff were not helpful at all. when checking in the couldnt even give me directions on how to get to the condo. I called to ask to where to drop the keys off and the woman replied, " Where did you pick them up at" , so i kindly said your office and condo gave us 2 different places to drop the keys off and i would just like to know where.

My family and i enjoyed the location but next time we wont be spending the week with grand strand rentals

I