“Great Value, Location, and Clean!”

The Virginian Motel
Ranked #166 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stedman, NC
“Great Value, Location, and Clean!”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

We just stayed 2 nights at the Virginian. We actually had another motel in mind just a few blocks away, however after we saw the filthly horrible condition of the common areas, the pool, and the room we decided to keep looking. We were so glad we did! The Virginian was the same price, had a better location, and was very clean. The owners were courteous and easy to work with. They didn't mind that I wanted to inspect the room before we decided to stay and they allowed us to check in early without any problem. During our entire visit, we saw owners and employees keeping the common areas clean and they actually smiled and said hello. I never had to worry about the other patrons that hung out at the pool with us because they were mostly families like us. We would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a great value close to the beach.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Virginian-Motel, Manager at The Virginian Motel, responded to this review, 20 April 2010
Thank you for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again. Thanks!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
charlotte nc
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Last year I had booked a room with this hotel,online. I was told my card would be charged at midnight the day before. On my way down to the Beach from Nc I called to check on what time my room would be ready. He informed me that my card was denied and that he called me at 12 midnight to try and fix the situation and now I would have to book another room at over twice what I was going to pay before. I looked on my call I.D and there was no call at all there. I immediately called my bank because I had thousands of dollars in that account. There was nothing denied and no record of this motel EVER running my card. So I called him back to inform him of this and he yelled at me and told me that I could either come down and pay that or not get a room. I informed him that I had called the bank and that it had to be an error and he cut me off and told me that regardless he wouldn't give me the price I had reserved. He refused to listen to reason. Later the following week I had it investigated with my bank and no such transaction was made, meaning the wrong information was entered or it NEVER was. He would not even tell me what he had ran to check and see if there was any error. There was never an "I am sorry." I informed him that I would report this to the BBB which I did promptly. When he responded to THAT he STILL never apoligized and claimed that I had no funds on my card, even though I went to another hotel as soon as I arrived that Saturday and booked a room CHEAPER -and with the SAME card that he claimed was no good. If you value customer service do NOT go here. He basically made me so angry he ruined the whole weekend regardless of going to another place. Who btw where very nice to me.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank sightseer09_10
Virginian-Motel, General Manager at The Virginian Motel, responded to this review, 2 March 2010
I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience regarding our motel. This is not typical, however, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please email us at virginianmotel@gmail.com so that we can locate your reservation and resolve the matter. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

x_summer_X
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We went to stay at the virginian for three night. We were looking for a clean yet affordable place within close distance to the beach. We got exactly what we were looking for. From our room you could see the pool. The beach is right across the street. The pool was clean and pretty big and a nice place to hang out at night. The staff was very friendly and nice with us. We found it to be clean and confortable. TV, a.c, and a microwave and fridge were provided. As well as a small dining table. We had two double beds and were confortable for four people. I would definately reccomend!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
charlotte
Reviewed 10 July 2009

I tried to make a reservation at this place and have never encountered such incompentency or rudeness in my life. I made a reservation on Thursday, was told I could hold it until Friday. When I called back to add one additional day to the reservation and give me credit card number you would have thought I was asking for the stars in the sky. They kept changing the total on me all tough the rates stayed the same, made no sense to me either. I could barely understand what they were saying to me. When I asked what the cancellation policy was I was told there was not one. Once I gave them my credit card then I could not make any changes. Because of the unprofessional way they handled everything else I asked if I could mail a check to them. He then started yelling at me saying no, I had to give a credit card. I told him I was not exactly comfortable doing that at that exact moment and asked if I culd call back tomorrow so I could be certain of my decision. He started to yell even more and said no, he was getting ready to call me and tell me he did not want to rent to me because I had made changes. Again I went from 3 nights to 4 nights. Not down, up. I have never been so confused and stunned in my life. You would think I had offended the concierge at the Ritz Carlton. From the photographs of the hotel and the way they answer the phone I could only imagine my credit information being written on the back of an envelope for the whole world to steal or for them to make fraudulent charges after we stayed there. The following is just part of what I was told when I called to make the reservation originally. I was told that if anyone visited me at the hotel for more than 2 hours I would be charged an additional 50.00 for them. I was also informed there could be no visitors from 9 pm to 9 am. I was told I would do a walk through on the room before I occupied it and then again before my 50.00 deposit would be refunded to me. The only reason I called this place to begin with is because I needed a very inexpensive place for my son to stay at the beach while I was staying down the road, he just wanted his own room and was not even planning on being there except to sleep. I knew this was a motel, my expectations were low to start but obviously not low enough.
To be clear, I did not stay here, I had to mark the above about the rooms and the cleanliness, I was not able to leave them blank, please dont take anything from that. I am only reporting on the customer service aspect

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank meskyclad
Virginian-Motel, Manager at The Virginian Motel, responded to this review, 12 July 2009
We apologize for any miscommunication you may have had with the front desk staff. I would tend to disagree that anyone "yelled" at a potential visitor. That is not how we handle situations with our guests. Oddly enough, with almost 15 reviews on other booking sites including TripAdvisor, we have yet to have a negative review on our customer service. In fact, most of our visitors have been very complimentary on the level of customer service we provide. We will note your experience and do our very best to continue to provide good service and clean, comfortable rooms, at very affordable rates.
Clinton, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2009

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Myrtle Beach and we stayed at this motel. It's nothing fancy but it's affordable, clean and comfortable. The only complaint that I had was that you had to hold the handle down until the toilet was completely flushed but that was it. Another thing you might need to know is that they charge a $20 key deposit, which you get back at check out.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lynnsue
Virginian-Motel, Owner at The Virginian Motel, responded to this review, 15 June 2009
Thank you for your response. As stated in the review, we are not a "fancy" hotel, but we strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms. We hope you keep us in mind for your next vacation. Thanks.