“Carnival a Great Deal in S.C!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Carnival a Great Deal in S.C!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Recently, while visiting Myrtle Beach for the first time with friends we had encountered a double booking at a national chain hotel. Not knowing much about Myrtle Beach we asked the front desk personel for information. They were not only quite rude (because we decided not to stay there at the new weekend rate), but unhelpful. As we were about to leave we decided to check other hotels in that area. The young lady at the front desk of the Carnival was "Great" in so many ways, she told us not worry and she made us feel very comfortable. The rooms were very neat & clean, the price was excellent for an oceanfront room and the entire staff were very friendly. I will most definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank ninajabba2
carnivalinn, Owner at Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
We are so glad that we could help make your trip to the beach a little more enjoyable! Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Berlin, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Location was perfect, the beach outside the hotel was much less crowded than by the larger hotels. Staff was friendly and accommodating. 8 minute or so walk from the main Boardwalk (not so bad when the company is good, but might not be so if you have small children with you ), several restaurants, mini-marts, shops, and bars along the way. Internet was slow when we tried to use the wireless. Excellent price if you don't need the frills because you aren't staying in the room! See you next summer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AGa11o
st.louis mo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

their was five of us staying at this place the room were dirty nasty we had maid service one day out of four days never changed the sheets. we had to go get our only towelsfrom front desk. find a biggest roach i have ever seen in our room nastyand dirtyest hotel i have ever stayed in DO NOT STAY HERE some one needs to call the heath department on this hotel

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank oceangirl03
carnivalinn, Owner at Carnival Inn & Suite @ The Beach, responded to this review, 10 July 2010
My understanding of this event was that housekeeping repeatedly tried to clean your room, but were sent away and told to come back later each time they tried to come and clean. The housekeeping staff leaves around 2:00 or 3:00 each day. If they are unable to get in to a room after being repeatedly sent away, there is not a whole lot that we can do. On the day that you received service, it was because we sent one of our staff members (not a regular housekeeper--they had already gone home for the day) up around 4:00 to do it because you had sent everyone else away.
As for the one "roach" you found, this was not a roach, but a palmetto bug. (Roaches are small brown bugs and if you have one, you have lots.) Palmetto bugs are large bugs that are all over the Myrtle Beach area, and if you leave your balcony door open long enough, one or two are liable to make their way in to your room since it is much cooler inside than outside.
We certainly are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

I read from Trip Advisor n get to know this Inn in Mrytle Beach. Price is cheap n reviews are really good. However I was so upset to this hotel. Our room is 2 bedroom suite which dirty and smelly inside room. Telephone, few lights, curtain inside toilet are all broken. Toilet is absolutely disgusting, old n dirty. I really wish to check up immediately n I miss my house very much because compare to this hotel, my house is too comfortable..

Location is very good because near to beach. Many mosquito n you cannot open your balcony door. Night time also very noise.

I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DoraemonCute
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I have reviewed our records and found no complaints reported during the time you stayed with us. Had we been informed of a problem while you were with us, we would have taken appropriate measures to ensure your satisfaction. Please contact me directly so that I can further investigate your situation. Sincerely, Ferrell Schmidt
Washburn, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

My wife and our two small children were looking for an oceanfront hotel in Myrtle Beach that was a reasonable price for the week of June 4 through the 8th. We had looked at all of the bigger name brands around the area like the Carolinian, the Palms, etc. On a fluke I went on trip advisor looking for reviews of local hotels. One little hotel caught my attention. Nestled between the Palms and the Carolinian is a small seven floor building called the Carnival. I was really shocked to find an ocean front room with a kitchen for 79.00 a night during the summer season.
Granted I was dreading what kind of shape the place would be in. I was expecting a total dump and kept trying to convince my wife and myself that we would make the most of it. I was definitely surprised upon arrival. My room had new carpet, new paint, newer appliances. The room was not huge by no means but it isn't small either. We have two full beds (With a crib between them), there is a four chair round dining room table, dresser, armoire, and a kitchen all included in this space. Plus a really nice bathroom. And the ocean front balcony and view is unmatched.
Everything is immaculately clean (trust me I checked, not even dust bunnies behind the headboard) and well maintaned. There isn't the stale smell you get with most hotels. The outside of the building seems outdated because the hotel has been a family owned business for almost forty years. The only thing I see about the exterior needing taken care of is that it could use a fresh coat of paint.
All in all you should really check out this little family hotel between the bigger chains. I am glad I did and I definitely plan on coming back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kermitcarpenter
Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again.
Grass Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

We stayed here on the final night of our trip. We were staying at the fancy resort next door but didn't want to go home yet. We didn't want to spend the insane rate we were paying at Anderson so we walked down to see if this hotel had anything available.

The people at the front desk checked out us a bit before announcing they had vacancies. We are young and it was spring break. I don't think they wanted any riff raff to stay at their place. We appreciated that as we are young but are really an old married couple at heart. We wanted peace & quiet, not a party hotel.

The room was average looking but what a deal! We were right on the ocean, the pool was NICER than Anderson's and we paid 1/3 of the price!! We had a nice balcony to sit on and overlook the ocean (Anderson we had a side view).

Also, the location on the "strip" is perfect. It isn't too far South (where all the kids hang out) and isn't too far North (where everything is really spread out)

If we ever go back we would stay here. The attraction in Myrtle Beach is the ocean and this hotel gives you a front row seat for an unbelievable pirce!!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy to have had you as our guest. Keep us in mind for your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

We started going here about twenty five years ago. And now we're comeing back almost every year with our kids and their families, we love it. The people are the nicest and friendliess people you ever want to meet. We also stay here for the location. I can't say enough about the rooms, there clean, roomy and quiet. As a matter of fact, we have reservations again for this summer and we can't wait!! I would recommend this motel to any-one.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're honored you chose to spend your vacation with us. Hope you'll return!