“its a dump”
Review of Summer Sands Motel

Summer Sands Motel
Ranked #194 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2008

i can sum this place up with (3 words its Dump) heres what happened to us me and my Husband and my son and his wife booked 2 Rooms and when we got there we could not belive how bad it was because we looked at pictures on the internet that showed very nice Rooms dont belive it .the room door on my sons room was warped had holes all around it the airconditioners in both rooms had hot air blowing out of them the rooms was so hot we were wet with sweat and the Pool was so bad it had been closed down by the health dept. there was green stuff growing in it. and when we told the manager we couldnt stay there and we wanted our money back he charged us $180.00 to cancel that must be the way he makes most of his money i thought we were going to get stuck there but i gio a hold of orbitz and they canceled for me.if you dont want to get stuck dont book. James&Bonnie

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Ladybjg

Reviewed 28 July 2008

this was the worst vacation we ever took the hotel was discusting the pool was green, the room smelled like pee, the front door was rotted and door conecting rooms was broke open,we had no hot water for three days they finaly fixed on our last day there but it went out again befor we left , microwave was ripped of the cabinets and set on the table , the walls had huge cracks and were filthy , the sheets and towels were not clean , every time i complained at the front desk the manager had some excuse and kept pointing to the no fefund sign behind the desk. the place is a run down money pit, save your money and stay somewere else.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank bassman77
Reviewed 9 July 2008

NASTIEST PLACE I HAVE EVER EVER STAYED. When we were in the bathroom, the toilet upstairs dripped ON US! I would not get in the tub without my flipflops. (There were no other vacancies 4th of July or we'd have bailed.) The tub would not drain, the toilets clogged. The a/c rattled and the room temp was easily 85-90 each night. We asked for assistance they said they would come - never did. When we got there no phone, no remote, no hairdryer, tv only got limited service. They brought a phone down, but it didnt work - so she said maintenance would come down - NEVER DID. They did NOT clean the room each day - no trash emptied - no beds made NOTHING - and then had the nerve to act surprised when I asked for service. Had to go ask for toilet paper - had to ask for towels - but instead chose to get my own, cuz theirs were dingy and I wondered if they even got washed. I need to know how to report to the health department.
HORRID HORRID HORRID.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Majest-ICK
Reviewed 26 June 2008

we planned a spur of the moment weekend beach trip in may of 2007. little did we know, it was bike week, and pretty much every single hotel was booked solid. we found the majestic breeze and stupidly paid for the room before we looked at it. upon entering our room we notice that none of the sheets or pillow cases matched, ok.. not that big of deal, but upon pulling down the sheets we noticed blood stains all over them. upon further inspection there was dry wall falling down in the shower and it had filled our tub. the was dirt and stains all over the carpet. we asked for our room to be cleaned while we went out to eat breakfast. their idea of cleaning was going down the middle of the room with a vacuum and making the bed with the same sheets that were there. we asked to be moved to another room, and it was even worse. all the same problems as this room, only it smelled like cat pee and there were holes in the wall. when we went to the front desk we asked for a refund and we were told that we couldnt have one and that we were habitual complainers. after being insulted we asked to speak to a manager and were told that she wouldnt be there for two hours. we went back to this hotel several times looking for the manager and every time it was "she'll be here in two hours." do not stay at this hotel. ive never seen anything like it, and ive been to some pretty gross places. this one should just be condemned.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank diversichic
Reviewed 2 September 2007

booked two night stay for Labor day weekend, I chose this hotel because it was affordable but when I read the reviews I got scared of going there. I decided to cancel my reservation and I called the hotel, they told me they would charge $20 for canceling (fair for me) but it turned they charged a full night to my credit card for canceling. When i called the hotel again to figure out what happened an employee answered and she told me her boss didn't allow her to refund any money. I told her they had told me it would be only $20 dollars and not a full night and she said she couldn't give any answer and when I demanded talked to her boss she said it won't be possible, not now, not ever.

That hotel is a rat house. I hope they use the money they steal from people to fix that garbage can (I apologize to garbage cans in advance)

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank onlineclient
A TripAdvisor Member
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 13 June 2004

OK, I totally agree with the person who had the whole in the wall experience, because the manager did the same exact thing to me. When I checked in the whole was there, so I just figured that they knew about it, but unpon check out she wanted to charge me for it, and when i tried to explain... she kept rasing the price of how much I had to pay for it. To top it off, we all had to fight the roachs to get up the stair well to our room, and there was always some sort or wild life at the pool. I will never stay there again and regret that I didnt read the reviews on here first.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Johnson City, TN
Reviewed 25 July 2003

Hotel from HELL! Not fit for man nor beast. The rooms are filthy. The staff is rude. The pool was nasty. The safe doesn't keep anything safe. The manager was rude, crude and extremely unprofessional. My nephew says "We all hated that place a lot!" The website was a lie. SAVE YOURSELF and don't even slow down when you go by.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member