“Hole-in-Wall = Money-in-Pocket”

Summer Sands Motel
Ranked #195 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 13 June 2004

OK, I totally agree with the person who had the whole in the wall experience, because the manager did the same exact thing to me. When I checked in the whole was there, so I just figured that they knew about it, but unpon check out she wanted to charge me for it, and when i tried to explain... she kept rasing the price of how much I had to pay for it. To top it off, we all had to fight the roachs to get up the stair well to our room, and there was always some sort or wild life at the pool. I will never stay there again and regret that I didnt read the reviews on here first.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Johnson City, TN
Reviewed 25 July 2003

Hotel from HELL! Not fit for man nor beast. The rooms are filthy. The staff is rude. The pool was nasty. The safe doesn't keep anything safe. The manager was rude, crude and extremely unprofessional. My nephew says "We all hated that place a lot!" The website was a lie. SAVE YOURSELF and don't even slow down when you go by.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
charlotte, NC
Reviewed 10 June 2003

First of all the hotel itself is really runned down. Its staff are pretty much high school drops outs and cant add up room rates. Second the "hot tub" was kept at about 80 degrees, i guess this was so they could put in the same amount of chemicals as in a pool. 3rd the rooms were not cleaned in the whole week we stayed there, not even the sheets changed, every day the maid would wake us up at 9 and hand us some towels. 4th when we went to check out our rooms were inspected and they claimed that we put a whole in the wall when it was there before we even got there. the manager/owner is a very unfriendly person to deal with and called the cops because we asked if others were charged for the same whole. There were many other "happenings" during our stay. I would never recomend staying at this hotel.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member