“This place should be shut down!”
Review of Summer Sands Motel

and 1 more site!
Summer Sands Motel
Ranked #195 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This was one of the worst motels/hotels I have ever stayed in. The rm costed 90.00 which was no problem but I wish I would have asked to see the room first. I was down there with my sister and as soon as we got in the room we started getting bit by something, we iched all nite! The bathroom had not been cleaned and the tub and different areas in the carpet looked to be growing black mold. When it was time for bed we went to get under the covers and the sheets looked like they had not been changed all summer and there was even a hanger in the made up bed, we slept on top of the blanket on our towels! No micro,no coffee pot and only 2 towels. This place is a DUMP!!

• Stayed: August 2010
12  Thank maeljb

Reviewed 25 July 2010

First the staff was nice , that was the only good thing about the Hotel , price for the Hotel Room was outrageous for what a dump it is...We Only stayed there cause of No Refund ,Take a word of advise spend more time and money before staying here..There was No remote for the TV.,5 cable channels only...
Stale smell in the room ,Bed linen and towels were stained .
We used our own.,Glass window shook when other people in the building would open or close there doors.,Half a role of toliet paper , had to buy our own .,They painted bathroom sink and tub and was badly peeling back .,Carpet needs to be replaced,nails sticking up,Badly needs to be shut down and remodeled ...That is just a few things..Will never be recommend to stay at... Not even for dogs...

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jaded35
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We were in Myrtle Beach for just one night. We drove down and went straight to the House of Blues for the concert we were planning to see, and went to get something to eat. When we drove down the strip at midnight to look for a place to stay we were looking for something reasonably priced and close to the ocean, and this is what we found. There was no phone, which didn't really matter as we had cell phones, and the first key we were given didn't work, but the man at the front desk heard that we were having trouble and brought us a new one. Overall, it was not an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank nicolejacobs
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I have been to many hotels and motels in my lifetime, but this was unspeakable. Having been to europe and abroad I figured we were not getting the classiest hotel on the beach for the price we paid. Even still, the room had no lock for the room adjacent to it. The person next door which there was, could have just waltzed in at any moment. There was urine in the toilet, dirty sheets with a hair barrett in it already, and a fridge which was unreal. The location is great if you are willing to risk your life trying to cross a street with no crosswalk, or if you are willing to risk your life staying there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lakersfanraleigh
Reviewed 6 August 2009

There is nothing majesctic about this place! First of all upon arrival I couldnt even find the place. Room was book through hotels.com under the name Summer Sands Motel (ice cream and coffee shop). So I called the motel and was told that the name on the building would say Majestic Breeze. When I entered the parking lot all i could think was oh my god! It looked like a place where crack heads would stay for a night. So, I asked why was the name on the building different and I was told that they just hadnt changed the name yet. The check-in office even look horrible and smelled like cigarettes and dogs. We asked to see the room that had been booked. The carpet leading up to the room was dirty and torn. When we got to the room the lock looked loose and did not seem safe at all. Room had the same odor as the check-in office, the bathroom (if thats what you would call it) was completely nasty with stains in the tub and on counter of the sink. Needless to say there was no heart shaped jacuzzi (as I was told by hotels.com that this would be included) I refused to stay in conditions like this and took my paperwork that showed pictures of what the room would look like and the lady at the front desk acted as if she couldnt believe it either. I did get my money back and luckily, I was able to find somewhere to stay, it cost a little more but I was happy to pay the price and I felt safer. Please believe the reviews that have been written, they are true-DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank VaSonshyne
Reviewed 2 November 2008

I have stayed at many motels in my line of work, but this place has to be the worst one yet. So bad that I slept with my clothes on rather than to get into the yellowish stained worn out sheets. I killed a cock roach at least 2 inches long in the room. The shower had an old EnconoLodge shower curtain that was nasty and torn, Probally the Econo's trash. The bathroom sink ........Just to make a long story short It was just plain nasty. What a waste of good beach property.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank highmiles61
Reviewed 15 August 2008

The nightmare started when the person that was standing in line ahead of me was actually complaining to the front desk clerk about the lack of cleanliness in the room they had just checked in. The lobby area smelled strongly of cigarette smoke as if it was a bar. The floors and walls of the check in area were extremely dirty and the coffee pot looked totally disgusting.

My room was the dirtiest hotel room I have ever stayed in. There was a big dead cockroach on the floor of the closet area. The whole room smelled of cigarette smoke, urine and feces. The corners of the ceiling were moldy as well as the inside insulation of the refrigerator. The fan ceiling was very dusty, the room had poorly working light system, and the bathtub was nasty. The bath towels looked like they have never been washed or like they had been used to clean the room. The TV was missing the remote and there room did not have a telephone.

We felt so disgusted that we decided to go to the store to buy our own sheets, towels, and cleaning supplies. So the first 2 hours of our stay were spent cleaning and disinfecting the room. We spent money that was supposed to be used to have fun to get the room to be habitable. For the amount of money we spent on making the room bearable we could have stayed at a 5 starts hotel and still saved money!

We could hear everything that was happening around/outside the room and did not receive room service at all throughout the whole stay. The hotel will not refund your money so we felt trap and extremely disappointed.

I personally will never, ever stay in the Majestic Breeze again and will make sure all my friends and family will never stay there as well!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank solimargcc