“soy sauce overload!!!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our hibachi chef was mildly entertaining and very generous with the portions of food. That was the two pluses of our evening.

I was able to eat only a very small portion of my food (shrimp & chicken) because of the overwhelming amount of soy sauce that the chef used. It was a terrible meal!!!

The dining room we were seated in held 3 or 4 hibachi stations and they were surrounded by what appeared to be everything that normally would be out of sight in the kitchen. Very unattractive surroundings.

The ladies restroom was down a long, long, long, dark hall and was gross.

If you are looking for a great Japanese Steakhouse experience, look elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I dined at this restaurant when it was called Kono, and although it wasn't out of this world, it was alright. So I thought I'd take my husband and daughter there for an easy meal our last night of vacation. However, I will NEVER eat there again. Worst $66 ever spent... and that was only for two adults and one child (they weren't even supposed to charge us for the child.) When we got there we waited for a short while. While we were waiting we saw the table before us have some sort of disagreement with the cook, who was then reprimanded loudly and rudely by his supervisor in front of the whole restaurant. When we were finally led back to our seat we were led down a long, dirty hallway to a back room in the restaurant where there was no one else and told they were waiting on the cook to arrive. While we waited the waiter told us that the restaurant was under new management and the staff was all new. One waiter tried to turn the cooktop on and after a few minutes didn't understand why it wasn't getting warm. The other people at our table decided to leave at this point, but we stayed. The waiter leaves and comes back with someone whose assessment is that all of the tables in this room they put us in had no propane. So they led us back up to the front of the restaurant to the only table that was working. Once we sat down everything seemed OK. The cook wasn't particularly amazing, but the food was alright. However, while we were eating a party of 13 came in and was squeezed into the tiny space across form us. I'm not sure what happened, but at some point the same manager from before came out and rudely reprimanded her staff AGAIN in front of the whole restaurant. She was terribly unprofessional. As we got up to leave, my husband went to the car and I took my 4 year old daughter to the restroom (which is conveniently hidden back down another maze of dark dirty, shady looking hallways.) The bathroom smelled like someone took a poo in the trashcan and I was pretty certain we would get a disease just from standing in it. But wait... this is the best part... when we left, one of the waiters who had been particularly friendly and nice was coming down a dark hallway off the side of the restroom. He sniffed, wiped his nose, looked up and turned tail as fast as he could in the opposite direction, when he walked past me as I left he wouldn't even look me in the face... give you one guess what he was doing. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in that place was on drugs. I am not uptight in the least, but this place was just completely unacceptable. I would not recommend anyone ever eat there.

2  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We visited the hibachi grill and had a delightful time. Although our chef was obviously new and still a little nervous, he did a fine job and got plenty of "oohs" and "ahhs." I had a shrimp and scallop mix. The food was tasty, but it wasn't spectacular. This is a fun place to visit with kids since there is plenty of fire and tricks to keep them entertained. But the food will not bring me back.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was our 2nd year dining at Konos in Myrtle Beach and it waa wonderful both times! The most recent visit was very memorable. The staff was very polite and accomodating and our chef, Tu was magnificant!!! He kept us entertained from beginning to end and the food was perfect! Very large portions. Be prepared to carry a to go bag. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone I know who is going to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I and my husband love seafood and sushi but it was far from being our best experience. You can hardly find a piece of fish in those sushi. We ordered NY stake medium, it was overcooked and so tiny. I am not the one who likes to complain. We paid the check but we would never come there again.