“Bland” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #405 of 858 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Southern cooking in a real farm house type atmosphere.
Columbus, Ohio
“Bland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food was very bland. I was very disappointed. There was always a long wait so I figured the food must be excellent. It wasn't it was very bland. More for an older crowd. Waitresses were very nice though.

Visited July 2013

“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was sooo nice! I loved the cast iron stove buffet and the old player piano. One host even sat down and played and sang a few song in between piano reels. That said, the food was only "alright" for me. We are from a small town in NC where there are several mom and pop type joints with similar (and possibly better) Southern fare. However, at home, it's a THIRD of the price. We aren't accustomed to paying over 50 bucks for two adults to get grandma's cooking. Next time we'll probably hold out for Christmas. Oh yeah...get there early! We arrived at 5:00 and there was already a 50 minute wait! But again...can't say enough great stuff about service and atmosphere!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ErinYMcNair
Adairsville, Georgia
“wonderful wonderful wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was by far the best restaurant that we ate at while in Myrtle Beach!! It is so cute and the food and service is amazing!! This will be a favorite of ours every time we visit for sure!!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank aj1013
AMERICA
“"Just like home" atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a charming farmhouse nestled in the middle of Myrtle Beach serving only the evening meal, buffet style, (4:30 - 8:30 daily). This restaurant has been family owned for over 40 years and the secret of there success are the made from scratch meals prepared daily. Everything is included, even dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank JEFFREY S
Cartersville, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have to say that I totally disagree with the last reviewer, philly traveller. Being from the south, Georgia to be exact, I have to say that it is one of the best southern meals I have ever eaten! (In a restaurant setting) I'm not real sure how philly traveller expected to have corn on the cob other than boiled. Isn't that the only way we make it in the south?? We did have to wait an hour to eat, but it was a nice wait as we got to enjoy a little front porch sitting and some checkers, two of our favorite past times. The service was great. The owners were super friendly and even told us some history on the family and house. I would say that if you are in the area, make sure that you stop here to eat! You will not be disappointed! Please skip over all the way over priced seafood buffets and stop here!

• Visited June 2013