“I Got What I Paid For ”

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #97 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“I Got What I Paid For ”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews for ocean-front hotels in my budget ( under $75 / night ) , I chose Sun n Sand because it had the least amount of bad reviews in the last 3 months . After spending two nights there , I can say that some of the bad reviews I read are heavily exaggerated . Yes , there are some cleanliness issues and the decor is a little dated , but it's Myrtle Beach , NOT Palm Beach . If you want a 5 star Hotel , I suggest paying for a 5 star hotel . This is a good place to hang out on the balcony or sleep , it's not a " resort " .
THE GOOD :
Located on the beach , parking garage , friendly staff .

THE BAD :
Filthy elevators ! Grime , hand-prints , and " mystery goo " on elevator walls .
A/C broke , had to move to another room ( ocean front ). Slightly inconvenienced re-packing , but at least we were upgraded to ocean front .
It's a little far South , so you'll have to drive to the Boardwalk , Family Kingdom , and pretty much ALL attractions .

Overall , I feel like I got more than my money's worth and would probably stay at Sun n Sand again ... I just hope they clean the elevators .

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank MikeCheck1-2
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Hello MikeCheck1-2,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for not hesitating to stay in our hotel. trust that i will accelerate your concerns for evaluation and this will be addressed properly. Please know that we appreciate input from our guests as it help us identify what we could improve more to better serve you and all of our guests in the future.

I am pleased that you feel you got more than your money’s worth during your stay with us! Allow us to offer you better services in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room had 2 double beds, oceanfront...but the windows were so dirty inside and out that you couldn't see out. One window was broken...outlets were so loose that chargers wouldn't stay plugged in.

Refrigerator didn't work and was replaced with a tiny one after 3 attempts to "fix it"..
Individual coffee pod maker on counter, but no plug in available nearby to use.

Telephone cord had been cut....used cell phone to notify desk about the issue...no offer of another phone..so my daughter took the phone downstairs to them. Several hours later, a phone was brought to the room.

Faucet in bathroom was nearly falling off the sink...

Indoor pool was small but heated. Outdoor hot tub worked. Outdoor pool was adequate with lounge chairs available.
Beach access was adequate.

Attached parking garage had tight spaces.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello grammyeaster,

Please know that we truly appreciate candid reviews from our guests as we use it as reference in our continuous effort to offer you and all of our guests great experience during your stay. I will accelerate your comments for evaluation and in order to verify what took place and trust that your concerns will be properly addressed.

Thank you very much for your business and I hope to have another chance to offer you improved services in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Front desk and restaurant staff was very friendly and accommodating for our 1 night stay. Was only expecting a king room but ended up in a 2 room suite with a kitchen. They went out if their way to be sure we were happy with our stay!

• Stayed April 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Hello Lynnmac4,

Your appreciation of our effort to provide you comfortable stay brings pleasure and and motivation to our team to stay focused in our goal to offer quality services in our hotel. We hope to see you again soon and allow us to provide you accommodation the next time you visit Myrtle Beach.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Did a great job with our formal. Can't wait to go back. Nice rooms with a good view. Has a parking garage. The restraurant serves breakfast which is great in Myrtle Beach. The best part is definitely the rooms though. Recently renovated and nice bathrooms. I recommend for large groups as well as families. Good staff. Has a bar.

• Stayed April 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello Gabriel S,

I am very pleased to know that e have sufficed your accommodation needs on your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for taking note of the recent renovation. Please know that we are giving our best effort to offer you best value services at all times.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I were in town visting and celebrating with family at an Engage Party and things got a little crazy and we needed a room for the night. This hotel was very friendly and convenient to the beach. OMG...it was right at the Ocean and we stayed on the 16th floor...truly an Ocean front view....what I have always wanted. For a first time stayiong on the beach, this hotel is definitely worth visiting again. We will be back for any future occassions we have. Thanks Sun N Sand :)

Room Tip: Call ahead and make a reservation to get the best rate
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ranada177
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello Ranada177,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for for choosing to stay in our hotel and for taking time to share your experience with us. Please know that we strive to offer our guests the best value services and accommodation you deserve for giving us your business. We look forward to your next visit soon!
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Yep.
This hotel has the potential to be great, but fell short of our expectations.

We booked via Hotwire for $130ish (Weds/Thursday/Fri nights) after being quoted $300ish elsewhere on the strip. The hotel charged us $21 in "resort fees" on top of what we paid via Hotwire -- and based on the amenities, we found that a little steep.
We booked here as opposed to elsewhere as it advertised an indoor pool -- excellent for March, right? Well, we called down x2 this morning to confirm what time the pool opened as well as where to get our towels. We were told 9am on both calls, and at 940 am I took my daughter to go seek it out. We got our towels from the front desk as well as directions to the pool only to arrive to find both doors were locked. We went back to the desk, advised of as much, and it was only then they told us that it was closed due to a cracked motor. Really disappointing for a toddler (2 years old) who was in her suit expecting a swim, disappointing to her parents who did their due diligence by calling the desk before exciting their child, and disappointing overall considering this is the main reason we chose this "resort."

Yeah ... not sure what qualifies a "resort" but this hotel fell short of the expectations it presents in that verbiage.
The lobby smelled of Chinese food, which was interesting since the restaurant was closed until Friday. Never checked out the gym facilities. Everything seemed to be in a state of disrepair in one form or another. The hotel is quite large and would make a great place to stay if it cleaned itself up a bit.

The room itself was about a 3-star. We were given a room with two double beds and the beds are quite possibly the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on. If there's one thing that would stop us from returning, it's the beds. The room itself was quite large which was a great thing. There was more than enough room for us to stay comfortably in that space. It also provided a great view - lots of windows. The restroom, however ... if there's one thing the owners take away from this review, PLEASE TEND TO YOUR REST ROOMS! While I didn't deem it unsafe, there is visible mold around the tiles and caulking in the shower. Cleaning this up would be SUCH an improvement to the restroom and room as a whole ... it would have landed you a higher star rating from us, hands down. It's an eyesore, and a huge turn off, with the potential to be unsafe.
On the plus side, the hotel has a large parking garage which was great in the inclement weather we encountered. It has friendly staff (although your cleaning staff could do a better job .. I dont think our carpet was vacuumed and I know for certain the restroom floor wasn't washed.) There's great access to the beach.
THIS HOTEL IS VERY SOUTH.
Hotwire advertised as South Myrtle Beach ... and this hotel is one of the furthest from the action. This isn't to say it's unmanageable, but you are not within short walking distance to any excitement.

The hotel was fairly desolate until Friday night when my husband noticed the check-ins increasing, the bar opened and just generally more action.

Free WiFi.

With a little time, money and effort this would be a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach.
Sun N Sand in one word?: Tired.

Would we stay again? Maybe, but it wouldn't be our first choice.

Traveling: 2 adults, 1 toddler (2 years old)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello TravelingTrio-KMA,

I would like to sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and not being able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. Please know that we take our guests concerns seriously. Your review will be accelerated for evaluation, thank you for bringing your concern to our attention as it indeed will help us in implementing necessary improvements to be able to offer you better services in the future.

i hope we could have another opportunity of offering you better services the next time you visit Myrtle Beach.
Rockingham, NC
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I believe that my husband and myself have finally found a hotel to stay at for every occasion! The rooms were great. We had the best drinks and most fun in the hotels very own karaoke bar!!! Being next to the helicopter rides is a big plus as well!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello Miss Daisy,

Thank you for making Sun N Sand Resort your choice of hotel. I am sharing your feedback to the team as I am sure they too, will be very pleased to know we have successfully provided you accommodation during your recent stay. Please know that our guests’ satisfaction is our primary goal and will always be on top of our priority.

Your satisfaction completes our business!