“happy traveler”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #98 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were very happy with the room, location, cleanliness, price, and up to date furniture and room! Especially for the price, a great deal...will definitely stay here again! I would have chosen the ocean front had we been staying for more than one night but for the price and time we were there the ocean view was a great bargain!

Room Tip: I would always opt for oceanfront instead of oceanview but since we only stayed one night the ocean...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon W
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your review, your feedback, and your comments regarding your recent stay. We are also happy to hear that you found the location to be so convenient for your needs. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all, the parking is very odd. To check in we had to park in a side parking garage. Then once we checked in , we had to park on 2nd-6th floor,. To get there you drive up a small ramp. There is no security for the building. You at your own risk. Then we had to take the elevator with all our luggage to the main hotel. The parking garage is separate from the hotel. Staff was pretty friendly. Did not explain much about the hotel and amenities. We had upgraded the room from ocean view to beach front. The room was old looking, furniture worn out. Balcony railing not very safe. Bathroom very small, not very clean and bathtub nasty looking. Everything in the room was rundown. Bed was hard with only 1 mattress. Thank goodness the air conditioner and refrigerator worked . Would not recommend this place, but I guess you get what you pay for. And did not even get a printed statement upon departure. Will not stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dutchgirl414
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello dutchgirl414,

Please accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to meet your satisfaction during your recent stay. Please know that we value your business and our guests’ concerns are taken seriously. I will submit your concern about the issue in parking area and the quality of clean in the room assigned to you. We would very much appreciate if you could would provide us the date and the room number assigned to you as I will submit your review for evaluation. Trust that our management will look into this matter carefully.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had fun and wished we could of afford to stay longer. Nice rooms, beautiful view. I would say the only negative was there was a strong odor of dead fish coming from bathroom sink, perhaps guests prior cleaned shells and it clogged? Other than that our stay was perfect.

Hello starfishanita,

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your vacation and your stay with us. i apologize however for the inconvenience on the bathroom sink. I will accelerate your concern so that this is checked and addressed immediately to avoid further discomfort. Thank you very much for the opportunity of having your business. I hope you will again spend your next vacation with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We arrived after check in which was at 4 pm. Our room was not ready. We were quickly given a comparable room. This room, nor bathroom, had not been sufficiently cleaned. There were crumbs on the floor. The remote to the TV had duct tape on the back to hold in the batteries. The shower rod was broken on both ends so the curtain didn't close. The toliet paper dispenser was loosely hanging from the wall. The toliet itself was not thoroughly cleaned. To add insult to injury, the front desk told me that maintenance would be sent up to make repairs. Only IF the repairs could not be made would we be given a new room. Angrily, I went back to the room to await the maintenance person. He immediately came however did not have all of the appropriate items to make the repairs. After thirty minutes, the job still was not done so I spoke with a different person who was much more helpful. Although the new accommodations did not require repairs, the shower nor the curtain appeared clean and the curtain had been burned or cut at one end. Our room was now right above the bar where the music at night was played at an astronomically high volume. Additionally, I spotted bugs and the sheets and comforters had spots. I expected so much more for the amount of money that I paid.

Utterly Disgusted
Newark, DE

2  Thank Clemsongirl2000

Hello Clemsongirl2000,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience you had to face during your recent stay in our hotel. Allow us to address your concerns accordingly, please provide us the date and room number assigned to you as I will accelerate your review to verify what took place during your stay and called the attention of the right staff on duty. I assure that our management will look into this matter carefully. Your business is important to us and will always be on top of our priority. Thank you very much for your business and I hope you will accord us another chance to offer you better services in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

During check in Gwen was not friendly at all. I could tell she didn't want to be there at all. She was very short & her first comment was what is the name...No hey how are you. Very rude! However, another staff member was nice, I think her name was Melissa. I had to go back down to get the wifi information because Gwen only gave me keys & parking pass. Parking was a headache at times. Not enough carts for luggage which meant going back & fourth. Pool was nice, kinda small but it was freezing cold. We enjoyed the music at the bar. We left at 6:30 AM and once again no carts, 3 trips to the car once again. When I asked the gentleman at the front desk he just stated "they must all be out. I don't know" he never offered looking for one. He just had a blank look on his face. The lobby was mopped constantly & was clean. Customer service needs to be worked on. Great location!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Btg1976,

Thank you very much for your business, Please know that your concerns about customer service was already submitted to our management. Trust that they will look into the matter carefully to implement necessary corrective measure. I apologize for the inconvenience on the shortage of luggage cart I have accelerated the problem for evaluation so that this is addressed accordingly. Please know that your satisfaction will always be our top priority. Thank you for your business and I hope you will give us another opportunity of having your business.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Upon our arrival, we were ignored at the front desk while the front desk employee, Gwen, took 3 separate phone calls. One of those calls were clearly a personal phone call regardless of the 3 customers standing there. While Gwen took the final call from someone staying at the hotel, she held the phone away from her ear and made faces. She then actually hung up on the customer. I have seen more professionalism and respect come from a three year old throwing a temper tantrum. Once she was able to give me her attention she greeted me with "yea?". I'm sorry but I did not drag you out of your bed to check me into your hotel! Next, there was an issue assigning keys to our rooms. Apparently there was a malfunction with the system and I was asked to wait. Obviously technical issues happen and I could never hold that against someone; however, my "wait" was over an hour long. I literally stood there for an hour. During that time I witnessed over a dozen other complaints. These complaints ranged from keys not working, hair in the sheets, being sent to an uncleared room (literally as if the maid service didn't walk in after the last people left), lost reservations (2 of them to be exact), no clean towels, and my personal favorite was when someone complained there air wasn't working and they told her they couldn't help her. After an hour of waiting I suggested just giving us another room so I didn't have to wait until tomorrow to get into my room. That suggestion was apparently the smartest thing anyone has ever said to them and I was given keys to a new room within 3 minutes. Now, I was under the impression that I had an ocean front room apparently the diction in the description failed to mention that it really meant I would be staring at the hotel next to it. So again we went downstairs and Jackie kindly explained that I was actually in an ocean view room which means I stare at another building. I still have no idea where I was able to view an ocean from my balcony. She was kind though so I let it go. I did however ask if we could get an upgrade to a king room as we had two full beds. She told me I could for an additional $50. I reiterated the fact that I spent an hour in their lobby trying to get my keys to the room and was disappointed with the lack of communication in the rooms description. She blamed the description on hotels.com and told me there was nothing she could do. I have never been so upset about where my hard earn money went to. In fact I have never written a poor review about a place I have stayed until today. The rudeness of the staff and the lack of customer service is mind boggling. Later that evening I was walking back from the parking garage and there stood one of the waitresses from the bar complaining about a patron right in the middle of the lobby. I honestly don't think this hotel wants costumers. They are rude and could careless about their patrons satisfaction. We have booked the rest of our stay at a hotel down the street. I would deter anyone from ever contemplating this hotel. I have never been so disappointed in a facility in my life. I suppose it is my fault as I did not thoroughly read the other comments because I seemed to experience everything everyone else had issues with.

4  Thank Tebotte

I am glad that you found our location and cleanliness to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, service, convenience, and quality amenities. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly staff courtesy issues. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any services or amenities that did not live up to your expectations. The fact that we've failed in this regard is very disheartening. We are working to address all of the issues that you mentioned and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I want to apologize for the fact that you encountered resistance and that you felt insulted by the inappropriate comment of the staff member. I do hope you'll return and let us show you a far better experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our room was very nice and clean we had a great Ocean View room not Ocean front.... The staff was very friendly ...We would stay there again if we ever went to Myrtle Beach again but doubt we got there again ,,,Va.Beach is 10x better ...But as far as Sun N Sand resort goes I would stay there again ...We was very pleased!!!!

Room Tip: if you want to be around all the action and shopping and stuff this is not the room for you ....If y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello Wendylulu2014,

I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation while staying with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, for taking note of the quality of clean in your room and customer service. Your satisfaction brings us fulfillment and completes our business. We hope to have you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.