“You get what you pay for”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #98 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was great everyone was very friendly to us but the place has not been kept up it was in poor shape our balcony was nasty the place just seemed like it was falling apart. If you are looking for cheap that's exactly what you get

1  Thank Tammy H
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for pointing out the efforts of our staff to treat you like family. I regret to read that you found this experience to be so unsatisfactory due to issues regarding cleanliness and accommodation. I appreciate that you've taken the time to bring this to our attention. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sun N Sand Resort in July of 2014. It was a fairly nice Motel except that they did not bleach the stains out of their Comforters. We had them exchanged, and even the ones they brought had stains. The lady that came to clean the room always came late in the day (afternoon) and 2 times we were trying to shower. When we asked the front desk for some Kleenex they said they would send some up, but never did. The ice machines were frequently out of ice in the mornings. I had to go to 3 floors before I found ice 1 morning. Ice machines were only on 4, 6, 9, 15, not on every floor. The parking garage doesn't have elevators on the half floors and it was very narrow at the entrance. The beds have wooden frames which we frequently bumped our legs into which made bruises, so be careful.

Room Tip: if you have a balcony on the side of the pool, it is nice to look at and to see how many people are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am very sorry to hear that you encountered such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent experience with us. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. I also want to apologize for the lack of certain amenities in your room. We hope to see you again with your daughter someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you just need a place to sleep, well then this is the place for you !!!! However; if you would like to enjoy your stay then, this place is not a good idea. Not real sure were to begin so here it goes...The service is terrible, we waited everyday until about 3:30 or 4:00 to get towels just to take a shower or you can go to one of the two washers and wash your own, the bathroom was nasty I had to clean the tub, toilet and sink (which was cracked completely across) before I could use them, trust me I'm not picky but I really don't like taking a shower with someone else's hair in the tub..I did call house keeping but waited one hour before calling again and was told they would get to me as quickly as possible, I didn't check in until 8pm shouldn't my room had been ready? The hotel overall is a real mess, the glass doors had the same hands prints and dirt for the whole week the carpet in the halls we dirty it was just a classic example of very poor management, only had the pleasure of seeing one Roach and when pulling in to park watch the pot holes because you could very well bottom out, also if you are bringing young children watch them closely, they have exposed electrical outlets and water pipes in the hallways, one good thing i can say about it is the ocean view was good and that's about all.... so if you are going to Myrtle Beach I would suggest you look for another place....

• Stayed: July 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced during your recent stay with us. It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our place. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. I hope you will change your mind about seeking out new accommodations in the area and that you'll give us another chance to change your perception.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our first time and we were a little leery because of the price of the room and some of the online complaints, but EVERYTHING they complained about did not happen to us. The room w as clean, the patio oceanfront was fabulous, the staff was courteous, and it was great room. Oceanfront Patio rooms floors 5 and up. We will stay again. This was a basketball trip with our son's AAU team, and they stayed at a different more pricey hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the amenities of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The pictures on the website don't match the actual property. The facilities are not really maintained well. First day had no towels left by the maid service. Had to wait over an hour. No towles for the pool either. This place is just reallly run down. But I guess for the price it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb S

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We do appreciate that you've taken the time to bring the matter to our attention. Thank you for sharing your honest, review, rating, and evaluation of our services and accommodations.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel's website makes the hotel look a lot better than it really is. It took two calls once we checked in to get a remote for the tv. The lobby area was filthy. Lobby bathrooms not stocked or cleaned from the night before - and there is a bar in the lobby, so they are also used by bar guests. At 1 in the afternoon there was no toilet paper, and people were forced to use kleenex instead - and even that was gone. My friend asked the front desk for someone to tend to them, but an hour later nothing was done. Late in the afternoon there were no pool towels, so they told us to use our room's towels. But then they didn't have towels for our rooms to replace what we used. The elevators were dirty, hallways had bags of trash. There were only two things that were positive about this hotel. First, Belinda in the restaurant, who was friendly and helpful for our breakfast and lunch. (Although the food was not good, her service made it tolerable) Second, the view of the ocean - but you'll get that anywhere along the water of Myrtle Beach. There is a bar downstairs that was extremely loud - it was a Wednesday night, and I was on the 11th floor!! I had the door closed - and the only thing that drowned out the horrible music and karoke was the fan on the air conditioner. There is way too much competition to have such a bad hotel. When I checked out, (because you get charged $2 a key if you don't hand them in??) the "Customer Service" woman at the front desk just said 'thanks' and I said, "I don't even have a bill for my room," because there wasn't one under the door in the morning. Wouldn't you think a customer service representative would ask you how your stay was? I would definitely stay somewhere further north, because the hotels in North Myrtle are much better.

Room Tip: "Ocean view" means you'll be on the side of the hotel. You'll still see the ocean...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Erin H

I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service and accommodations that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our place and we thank you for bringing a number of important matters to our attention. Thank you for sharing your experience and for pointing out the efforts of our staff (Belinda) to treat you like family and make you feel comfortable. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We arrived and right away noticed it doesn't look nearly as nice as the pictures online. Very few of the staff were friendly. The room has not been cleaned properly in who knows how long. We found a dirty sock under the bed, air ducts were filthy, crushed crackers under the mattress, paint on doors walls and other places all excessively chipping, nasty spots on walls that should've been cleaned, toilets and sinks should've been better cleaned. They have loud karaoke every night down at the bar which we could hear clear as day in the back on the 11th floor. The location is great considering it's right on the beach and pretty close to several attractions. However the staff is not very friendly we were hardly noticed except by the manager who was extremely nice. We did get a pretty good rate so I guess you get what you pay for. This place could be very nice if it were freshened up and cleaned better. We will not be staying there again!

1  Thank mrskeen

I am glad that our convenient location had been useful for you though I am very sad to learn that you are not impressed with our overall accommodtaions, services, and hospitality. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services. Thank you for your comments.