“The hotel would rate a 6 out of 10”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #105 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The location was good . The rooms were big. There was a few problems . We did not get maid services one day ,they forgot to clean the room. When they did clean the next day they didn't vacuum. Also we saw a small cockroach in the room. Taking two elevators to the parking garage was inconvient. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014
Kristina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am glad that you found our accommodations to be a good value for the rate. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. We do appreciate that you've taken the time to bring the matter to our attention. I do hope you'll return and that we can surpass your expectations of service and accommodations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Rooms are nice ..house keeping are helpful and friendly front desk not so much...the woman I encountered at arrival and a few more times was not that friendly and was no help what so ever...i felt more comfortable asking house keeping a question then the woman at front desk...we stayed a week..house keeping checked with us regularly...the restaurant in the hotel is good but expensive..but what in Myrtle Beach isnt? overall for what we had in the room we left satisfied..

• Stayed: July 2014
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I apologize for the front desk staff’s behavior during your visit. We don’t tolerate that kind of attitude. I am glad that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and our housekeepers to be welcoming. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We look forward to seeing you again and show you improvement in services!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Not bad for the price, ocean view, friendly staff willing to help at any time. Will stay again. Some places in the hotel need to be finish. I have been to resorts and this is not a resort, the restaurant wasn't to bad.

Thank chupa99 .

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. We hope that you were satisfied with our hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for mustang week this last weekend. We are members of a mustang club so I brought my club uniform for the weekend. I wore it on friday and placed it in a plastic bag on the floor with dirty laundry when we returned to our room the bag was gone. We reported it to staff an no one ever acknowledged our complaint. We had to go back to front desk upon check out to make another complaint. No manager was available to talk to, no compensation for our loss and not even an apology. I will never be staying there again and I guess the manager is too busy for even a phone call.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren R
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I am so sorry to hear that your personal item was misplaced during your stay. Please know that situations such as this are certainly not acceptable and we are thoroughly sorry for your lost item. Please do not let that deter you from choosing our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

First, I would like to stat that my wife and I are not very picky travelers. We had a really good stay at the Sun and Sand Resort.
The pros:
The room was spacious, and it had everything that we needed. We had an oceanfront King bed room on the 5th floor. The view from our room and location of the hotel was very nice, but it was still far enough away from everything that you needed to drive to get anywhere (but that seems to be the status quo for just about anywhere at Myrtle Beach). The staff was very friendly, and the hotel seemed clean. There was a restaurant on site. This was very nice because you did not need to leave the hotel for every meal. There was nightly entertainment in the bar area, and even though my wife and I did not spend any time there, we enjoyed listening to the music and the karaoke from our balcony. There was easy access to the beach, and the beach in front of the hotel was never overly crowded.
The Cons:
The bathroom was below average. It was very small, and the toilet seemed to rock slightly. The bathtub floor was not mortared down, and it popped up and down as you stood on it. Also the fan in our bathroom did not work. With all of this said, it was clean when we got there. The balcony door was very difficult to open and close. It took much effort, and there were times that my wife could not close it without assistance. Another con is that you need to take an elevator out of the parking garage to the first floor, go through the lobby, and they up another elevator to get to the rooms. This was not bad except for trying to check in and out with all of our things. There were four elevators in the lobby of the hotel (which was very nice), but there was only one elevator for the parking garage. My wife and I often took the stairs in and out of the parking garage (which was okay as long as you could get a spot on the first couple of floors). The indoor and outdoor pool were both on the small side, and they were not very clean.

All-in-All we had a very good stay and would stay here again (we probably would not actively seek this particular hotel out for another stay, but we would not avoid it if the price and the availability matched our needs in the future).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kenneth B

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We appreciate that you've the time to rate our hotel and to explain your experience thoroughly. We greatly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your rating of our hotel. We want you to know that your feedback and description of your experience at our hotel is of utmost importance to us. We hope that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our staff and the convenience of our amenities and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Pictures do not match resort! Upon arriving and getting in our room, turned on light and roaches not water bugs scattered up wall. All in drawers, alarm clock, bed. Bathroom was disgusting, hair all in tub. Complained and was moved to another room. No bugs seen then but shower broke, tub stopped up, shower head full of scum. Refrigerator nasty full of soured milk. So bad they came and left roach spray in our bathroom. I will be reported DHEC with pictures.

1  Thank Brook W

I regret to read that you found this experience to be so unsatisfactory due to issues which should have been promptly attended to. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was great everyone was very friendly to us but the place has not been kept up it was in poor shape our balcony was nasty the place just seemed like it was falling apart. If you are looking for cheap that's exactly what you get

1  Thank Tammy H

Thank you for sharing your experience and for pointing out the efforts of our staff to treat you like family. I regret to read that you found this experience to be so unsatisfactory due to issues regarding cleanliness and accommodation. I appreciate that you've taken the time to bring this to our attention. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel.