“My Stay”
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

Sun N Sand Resort
Ranked #104 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My boyfriend and I planned a 5 day 4 night trip since both of our jobs are quite stressful. We decide on this hotel mostly because of the value and location. I was completely satisfied with both. There is a slight "pothole" in the garage however no where near as big as others claim. We were able to checkin around 2 pm. Our room was clean and we had a decent view from our room. Beds were kind of firm but you get what you pay for. We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We are also very happy that you found our location to be convenient. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay as much as we are!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I loved staying at this hotel it wasn't the best quality but I enjoyed it for the price I paid and I was so comfortable there. Wish I could of stayed longer and the associates at the service desk and cleaning lady were so friendly.

2  Thank Cddhbvyj

Thank you for your compliments to our staff and high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel was amazing! Oceanfront, beach bar, great price, spacious room! The front desk could have been a lot nicer though. We had a very late check in and the guy working 3rd shift was not in a good mood. That was the only down side to the experience. But overall it was great and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2014

I'm glad you found our accommodation to be of great value, though your impression of our services and hospitality is quite distressing. I do thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I assure you that we are correcting this issue for improved convenience in future visits. We hope to see you again soon to see how we are improving.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Paid $189 per night (split with a friend) for an ocean view room (with two double beds) with a balcony. We stayed for two nights but weren't often in the room or the hotel during the day. The room was pretty clean and worked out fine, but there was nothing spectacular about the hotel. We did really enjoy having the balcony, though, and liked that it faced the ocean. It was also nice having a mini fridge since we brought a lot of our own food and snacks for the trip. I'd consider booking a room here again if I was only staying for a night or two, unless I could find something just as decent for a cheaper price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and cleanliness standards. We appreciate for your review, feedback, and comments regarding your stay. We are glad your stay was nice and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Paid $148 a night for an ocean view room without a balcony (with a balcony was more), though this is usually a lot more than I would be willing to pay, that was just the cost of being on the beach. This hotel was a good option for people wanting to stay somewhere cheaper without sacrificing too much in quality or location. First, on the location: the hotel was directly on the beach, which was a huge plus. It was not very close to the boardwalk so most people would want to drive and pay to park in one of the public lots which seemed to range from $6-$10 for all day parking. If you want to spend a lot of time on the boardwalk this might be a downside, however for me, it was a positive because being further down meant a less crowded beach and a quieter area to stay in. Onto the room and hotel property: the property is nice but a little run down. Superficial things like peeling paint and broken light fixtures in the hallways definitely made it look like it could use a facelift. The rooms however, were very nice and seemed like they may have been more recently renovated. The carpet looked very new and very clean in our room (meaning there was no need to hesitate walking on it barefoot) the furniture had some dings and such but was clean. The beds and bedding were also very clean and new looking, as well as the mattress and box-springs. Bathroom was clean and adequately roomy. The other room amenities were also very nice- nice flatscreen tv, relatively new microwave and mini-fridge with a freezer shelf which were both very clean. The ac seemed to work great and the room was very quiet at night (we were at the very end of the hallway). We didn't use the maid service during our stay, but they did a nice job on getting the room ready for us prior to check in. The people working there were all right, some very nice, some a little rude and dismissive but not so much as to cause problems. Pools were nice, not huge but few people used it and it was very very clean. Parking deck was adequate, somewhat tight for larger vehicles, no problems finding spaces to park though. Only irritating thing was that you had to ride down to first to get from the deck to the hotel and then hike across the lobby to a different elevator to ride up to your floor (the deck had one, lobby had 4). The elevators were kind of small and a little slow but really not all that bad, we never we're frustrated with the wait. Overall it was great for the price, what was lacking were very superficial things that didn't effect the stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jena B
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

It means a lot to us that you’ve taken the time to share the many positive features of your most recent stay with us. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We get there check in get a parking pass and they say your car might get towed I said even with the pass they said yes. We go to our first room and it wasn't cleaned and there was evidence of drugs on the partially made bed. Went down talked to them we changed rooms got a room that was worst off that the previous room. I think for an over all experience with the hotel was crap wouldn't let my dog stay there. I didn't expect the hilton but I expected better from a newly " renovated" hotel. The ice machines didn't work except on the 15th floor I was on 4.

1  Thank Gregorywe

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

During my first two days staying here we're not completely bad. Waiting on an elevator is completely discouraging. Especially when you have a specific check in time and a 6.5 hour drive to make it there. Once arrived I got checked in quickly. No issues there. On last eve at this motel I came back from a near by 4 hour boat tour to my room to find the horrible smell of marijuana inside my room, stench seemed to be coming inside from the air conditioner. I immediately called the front desk to report the incident. Clerk who answered stated they would send someone right away up to our room to investigate. So my husband and I waited for two hours and no one showed. Tired of waiting we decided to get out if the room, the odor was making us sick. Upon returning several hours later, we went into the room and this time only smelled the odor slightly. We thought at this point the issue was fixed while we were gone. Was not the case at all. The smell got stronger, to get some fresh air walked out onto the balcony, saw the smoke, saw where it was coming from once again immediately called the front desk a second time. Was told the same we will send someone right up. We waited over 30 min this time, still nothing. So I decided to walk down to the front desk and in person my husband and I told them what we saw and smelled. I am allergic to any type of smoke, my throat was swelling shut and my voice was cracking in and out. Again was told would send someone right up. I waited at the front desk. One clerk went into a back room, after 5 min came out and after assisting other guests advised that once security comes in they will send them to our room, I asked to be moved, was told there was in no way that I could be moved. The clerk advised that security would arrive between 830 to 9 pm.Feeling awful at this point we walked up to our room to try to get ready for dinner. Ironically once back up to my room this time you had the smell in the hallway and in my room of marijuana air freshener and cheap incense. At 945 no one had shown up, so we left again for dinner. Once came back room and hallway still smelled of marijuana and incense. Next morning was woke up at 1am by fireworks. Upon getting ready to leave and checkout could not find any luggage carts on any of the floors. Nor the parking garage. In the checkout process I asked the morning clerk what there policy was about the illegal smoking going on in the next room, was advised since it's a private property they can't call the local police, stated their security didn't even arrive and they could not do anything about the fireworks either since they were fired off the motel grounds. Very unsatisfied by my issue going unresolved. This was my second time staying here and to be honest first time was awesome, this second stay was way too expensive and horrible. I will not be staying again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristina M, Manager at Sun N Sand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. I am glad that our convenient location and prices have been useful for your family throughout your past stays, though I am very sad to learn that we are not moving in the right direction. It is our primary aim to give you a five star experience and it is disheartening to hear that this is not the impression we left you with. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.
We hope you'll return to give us a chance to impress you with a five star experience.