“This place was HORRIBLE”
Review of Fountainbleau Inn

Fountainbleau Inn
Fountainbleau Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were over charged by 50 dollars and explained to the lady at the front desk she was no help and said we need to call them direct and there would not be a issue. The rooms were nasty. People were hanging out in the hallway at all hours in the morning yelling and screaming. There was not enough parking. never will go back!!!!

Room Tip: Dont choose a room here at all!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Scott P

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Save your money and your time this hotel is horrible nothing good to say about it, the rooms are old and nasty the pool stayed brown and Green the staff was rude...there are several hotels in the area that are the same price check else where

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank dgreene1
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the worst place I ever been in my whole life. Wont recommend it to students, at least you want to get high in drugs or smoking, all the hostel smells smoke even in "non/ smoking rooms". The value for the money is not worth, is just LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION as you may notice, but really it's just a place to sleep. The rooms are dark and the atmosphere is of shady people, the staff and the guests. Moreover, everything is dirty and horrible. Be careful with your belongings. I personally felt better taking every valuable thing to the beach.That old lady is a bad person, I got tow my car and that ruin 1 day of my vacation, but for what I read Im not the only one. That old lady is a thief I ended up paying 100 dollars more than I was supposed to. Well this place must be closed by the police for robbery and bad or deadly service to the costumer. If you walk south from this hostel you will find better places to stay, I just noticed few days ago before leaving. Do not ever go there pls do yourself a favor.

Room Tip: Do not ever go there pls do yourself a favor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Lily B
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel is very awful. The rooms are dirty and outdated to say at the least. We got there at 09:30 PM and left early the next morning. Everything is dreadful overthere. The location is just %*^$ the old lady isn't that friendly. Oke she is just a bad person. Back to the rooms: It looks like it came right out of a horror movie. Everything is dirty and broken. We stayed at several hostels but this one should be closed ages ago.

Room Tip: Just please don't for your own safety
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Daan H
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is what you pay for it me and a few friend went to the beach limited finds and didnt have te 25 yr old it takes to book most hotels I was happy with it of you want a 5 star hotel keep looking but this is right near the strand and beach has a pool very good for the priceau not be the most ideal but good for those who have limited founds plus they were the only ones who let a bunch of 18 year olds rent a room

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Brick218
Reviewed 23 November 2011

the place was filthy, bug infested, nothing worked, no ac/ heat, it is for sale, yeah LOL!
amanda {OLD LADY'S ALIAS} takes your debit card & then after schmoozing asks for fifty in cash as deposit, you never get back!She needs to donate that to one of the very needy churches so they can pray for her miserable soul!

Room Tip: Go anywhwre but Myrtle Beach
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
10  Thank Heinrich B
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The place was run down but seemed ok when we first arrived and lady at front desk was nice enough. My friend and I went to Myrtle Beach to meet up with 5-6 friends. They were staying elsewhere. We all spent the first day at the beach and made a pit stop at the Fountainebleau on our way to dinner. Front desk lady stopped us and said no one was allowed up to our room..no visitors allowed. And, our friends had to move their car immediately or risked being towed. I was dumbfounded. I paid for the room yet my friends couldn't stop by even for a minute? Its not like we were staying to party and be loud. I talked to the front desk lady about it the next morning and she said that due to past experience she judged the situation to be trouble. We were men and women in our 40s plus a child..wow big trouble. If we could have we would have checked out immediately. I will never go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends