“Much better than I expected”

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
Ranked #124 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clearwater, Florida
“Much better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Once you accept it's not the Four Seasons at this price range, you can accept that it's really a great value. Rooms are large, have kitchens, full couch, pretty damn good. It's also very close to the Boardwalk. I don't understand the complaints on here.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank ClearwaterGuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Pretty clean room, good rates in Sept. The side view rooms offer a view of the street and ocean. They don,t serve any coffee or breakfast; you have to go to the diner accross the street so try to get a package with the breakfast included

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank steveNjax
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

We recently rented in the coral building with my mother in law..she does not swim in the ocean and our pool was closed for the entire time we were there. 7 days! she asked a maintainance guy when the pool would re-open, he turns to Jerry (another maintainance guy) who responded to her rudely by saying, "it takes days for chemicals to work, not hours"
At this point, it had already been 4 days without pools! So, no pools except for a kiddie pool next door. Finally on our 5th day, a worker says we can use the pools at the atlantica building. the outdoor hot tub was freezing cold and the indoor hottub was so cloundy, you couldn't see the bottom! do not stay here! rude management! our toilet clogged, it took 5 hours and 3 calls to fix the toilet...i look outside and they have 2 maintanance guys outside painting a gazebo...one of them couldn't have brought a plunger up? terrible experience. my family will never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank beachguy1970

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

When I booked the room , I red the reviews after the fact and thought o no this is the first time my Husband and I had gotten away for 5 years, this is bad news. So I made the best and packed everything just like we would bew camping out so afraid that we would need clean linnens ect. We arrived here at 2am on a Sunday Night and the Staff was beginning to wonder if everthing was OK with us. They had everthing ready that we needed to check in and go immediately to our room. We were Ocean Front and beside the elevator on the 9th floor. The whole time we were there it was quite even with families with small children arround. The Room could not have been cleaner or had any thing we would need. I agree the room is smaller than a 5 Star 200+ a night stay, The beds were extreamly comfortable and CLEAN ! Looked like they had new Spreads on tghe Beds. The Balcony had such a great view of the Ocean. The Staff was SO SPECIAL from the frront desk to the Cafe, to the Maintainence and Housekeeping. I could not have been happier. We stayed 7 nights and had no complaints. We really did not want to leave. I will make this my designation to stay quite often as We will retire next year. THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF OF THIS FINE PLACE! We just need to teach people that VACATION is about Fun and Rest NOT What is so wrong to ruin your trip. After All You are going to the SOUTH!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Roger and Faye H
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

My 13 year old daughter and I were there on 09/23/2011-09/25/2011. First, we were told we had an oceanfront room. We were given keys. Went to the CORAL building to open the door, it would not open. Security had to open. Went upstairs to rm 333, not oceanfront. Opened the nightstand to find # for desk.....guess what? COCKROACH! Dead, but was under the bible!!! Then I got a parking ticket because I was parked on the sidewalk just a little......no where to park. All they could say was, Maam, I am sorry would you like free breakfast....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
LaVale, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

My family and I checked in on Sunday, September 18, 2011 and checked out on Thursday, September 22, 2011. Upon check in at the Palmetto Shores builiding, we met a verry upbeat, wonderful clerk named Roxy. Forgive me if I have spelled her name wrong. She was very helpful and welcomed us with such enthusiasm, spreading her Southern charm. Our room was a 2 bedroom condo in the Atlantica tower next to Roxanne Towers. We absolutely loved our room. It was on the 9th floor with awesome views. The room was clean and well appointed with extras such as a washer and dryer. We were in walking distance of alot of activities, restaurants, and almost everything we wanted to do. I would recommend this place to anyone who is planning a visit to Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: We booked directly from the Palmetto Shores web site. http://www.palmettoshoresmyrtlebeach.com/ Th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Leo_C21502
Buford, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Stayed here simply because it was cheap and I wanted to be close to the boardwalk... big mistake! This place is very old, not maintained, cleaned, or managed well. Our room had a strange odor the entire stay and I also heard other guests complain about weird stenches in their rooms as well. The kitchen was not cleaned and the balcony had left over trash and sticky stains that were never cleaned during our stay. The housekeeping was extremely inconsistent and hardly ever gave us new towels or toiler paper. The kitchen sink barely dripped water making it really fun to clean or cook.

Word of advice... DO NOT leave behind anything when you checkout! The housekeepers will steal it. My wife and I accidentally forgot our $120 juicer on the kitchen counter and realized it the night we got home after checking out. I immediately called Palmetto Shores and they told me they couldn't do anything till morning. I called every other day since then for about 3 weeks only to overhear the front desk say one of the housekeepers stole it and is not fessing up. What a great bunch of classy people running this resort! Not one person at Palmetto Shores cared at all to help us.

For many, many reasons... do not stay at Palmetto Shores. Enjoy your trip to Myrtle Beach and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple