“.{BADGIRL}”

Ranked #126 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Westville, South Carolina
“.{BADGIRL}”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Enjoyed my stay.hotel is a great location for walking.Hotel staff was nice.There was a little issue with the room at time of check in,but the manger on duty solve the problem with no hesitations.did i say i love the hotel staff!!!Great clean rooms.Price for the 3 day stay was right on time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BADGIRL29175

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Don't stay here. I have been writing, calling and emailing. The email gets returned and when I complain on the contact us and hit send, it says it can't find that page. I even got a survey, it came back undeliverable. The bathroom was dirty, not even clean, the bathtub, was so gross, I had to wear my flip flops. The toilet rocked back and forth.
Then it was plugged up. We called most of the day to get this fixed, and noted that the door had a hole in it, the refrigerater was all rusty. The manager said this wasn't noted.
They charged me 18.65 for the door on the fridge. So now I am fighting to get my money back. They gave me a discount for one day and I've never gotten that back.
Me and my family went together and we got stuck in a different hotel, come to find out they have four and stick you wherever.
It was a nightmare!
If you like dirty, stay there. I never will again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My mother was visiting from out of state so we had a mini vacation to the beach. It was early October so I got the best price for an oceanfront room. The room may be slightly outdated, but it was clean which is more than I can say for some newer hotels. The staff was very helpful and friendly. When entering our room, we found that we could not open the patio door. Within five minutes of entering, we placed a work order. We went for a walk around the hotel and on the beach and by the time we returned, the door was fixed and they called shortly after to make sure everything else was okay. I would say it isn't the prettiest room. However, they make up for it in the views, amenities, location and price. Worth it!

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a "side-view" of the ocean. They face directly into the patio of th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Toby F, Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Palmetto Shores. It is this type of forum that allows our future guests a terrific insight into what is in store for them.

You really can't beat Myrtle Beach in October. Traditionally great weather without the hustle and bustle of the summer.

We have made tremendous strides in our rooms and continue to try to improve to ensure guest satisfaction. New TV's and new carpets are just a few of the new additions.

We hope to see you all again real soon.

Thanks.
Royston, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here last year in October on our honey moon and it was a fantastic stay. That was both of ours first time to Myrtle Beach, so we decided to come back again this October for our first anniversary and we brought the kids this time. Both times that we have stayed our rooms were great and so was the service. Parking during the day was easy, but at night was a challenge. I enjoyed ocean front view with the balcony that was from my bedroom to the sitting area. A full kitchen with dishes, pots and pans to use. And to top it off the grocery store (Piggly Wiggly) is in walking distance. To all the staff at Palmetto Shores Hotel, thanks and I will see you all again next year one weekend for my anniversary Oct.9th.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda B
Marlboro, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friend and I stayed in the Waves building 2 years in a row for 8 nights in mid to late Sept. and found it to be an overall wonderful experience. The room was spotless and our ocean view was amazing! We had fishing poles shipped down to us from home and I can"t begin to tell you how helpful and pleasant the staff were in aiding us in the shipping aspect of the poles. Roxey was especially helpful and guaranteed she would personally see that the expensive poles were looked after until shipped home. Thank you Roxey for going above and beyond! We look forward to spending time there next year as well. D.Daley and M. Langer

Room Tip: Ocean front is the way to go
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I had a good stay in mid-September. The rate was as good as any I could find, better than the majority (checked on many). Room was simple, clean and comfortable. Convenient location, parking can be a bit of a challenge, but it's free and not a real big deal. Restaurant across the street was pretty good, great service, decent food at a reasonable price. Staff was friendly and helpful, made you feel welcome. Did not use pools or other facilities, just used hotel as my home spot while playing golf and visiting friends, worked out just fine. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank chbeazley
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Once you accept it's not the Four Seasons at this price range, you can accept that it's really a great value. Rooms are large, have kitchens, full couch, pretty damn good. It's also very close to the Boardwalk. I don't understand the complaints on here.

• Stayed October 2011