“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Orrville
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My mom and I stayed here last June and it was awful. I booked the room because I had stayed here in the past and it was great, but I believe management has changed. I was going to Afghanistan, so I splurged and got an oceanfront 2 room suite. My mom and I are clean people; this place was not. Dead roaches in 1st room, so we asked for another. Had to carry kitchen items from 1st room to 2nd room. Blood on sheets and pillow in one bed. Management did rectify this quickly. Asked for additional towels, but was told we could only have one each per day. Furniture was dirty. Air conditioners didn't work well so mold grew on the carpet in several places. We went out and bought additional towels, washcloths, and towels for the kitchen. Bought flat twin sheets to cover the furniture so we could sit down. Hotel mgmt was absolutely horrible to an African American guy that was having similar problems (he was not being rude to them). Also had to buy can opener, kitchen utensils, toilet paper, etc. It's my understanding that when you get a room with a kitchen, it's so you can cook and save money. Never had a room with so little kitchen supplies. Hotel mgmt's son (about 10 years old) stayed out all night playing basketball in court in middle of rooms (very difficult to sleep). Sign on wall in office said "no refunds". When I go back to Myrtle Beach, I will book a room when I get there after seeing the room. Been having bad luck lately in MB with rooms.

Room Tip: Wait till you get to MB and request to see a room before you book. This way you can also see how hot...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Karen E

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lake View, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

went for a night with friends room was bare except for the beds of course. CARPET WAS FILTHY.Bed linen had something that resembled crumbs of some sort. No toilet paper.Pots and pans provided were well lets say Ive used better in a camp ground over an open flame.39.00 a night will definatly look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank katyshak36

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Ranlo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We had a bad experience with Polynesian Beach Resort; therefore, we checked out before staying & came over to the South Seas Resort. We checked in, sprayed the beds for dust mites & left for dinner because July 11th was our 8th Anniversary....we returned about 10ish & came to our room, I was in the bathroom & saw a roach in the kitchen area....I called my husband to come & see if that was indeed what I was seeing...as he was killing that one I saw a baby roach in the tub....when he moved the shower curtain there was more of them in the tub....we Immediately loaded our stuff up to leave, my husband stopped in the office to let them know we needed a refund because the room had roaches and we were not going to spend $550+ to be there & could risk the chance of taking roaches home....the manager was obnoxious on the phone with my husband (because she was at the store with her children) & told him she'll be back on the property in 20 minutes....first thing out of her mouth was she'll refund us the money for the other days (we were scheduled to stay 7/11 -7/16); but, we wasn't getting anything back for the day we checked In...
I strongly suggest you overlook these two businesses if you need to stay for any reason in Myrtle Beach, SC...Both establishments have poor management!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank LMS071103
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

From the point of view of a travel agent , this hotel was standard. I would not send any of my clients here without proper notification of the facility. We left late at night due to my companions' schedules. We arrived in Myrtle Beach around 3 am and this was the only hotel that had availability and had an open office for check in. The staff was trying to leave, the doors were locked but they opened back up for us to be able to check in. The front desk staff was nice considering the wee morning hours I spoke with them. We had a room with two queen beds, a kitchenette, and a "oceanview" balcony. Keeping in mind that oceanview can mean, oceanview or it can mean a small sight of the ocean. Basically this was a lean over the railing and break your neck to see the ocean, view. The room was clean; it was a smoking room so the sheets had cigarette burns on them. Being a smoker the smell in the room didn't bother me however, a non-smoker would have probably been offended. The front desk staff also smoked in the lobby. Now for the downside of things-- Our kitchen had about one of each dish, 1 fork, 1 plate, 1 small pot, etc. There weren't enough dishes to actually cook a meal much less eat a take out meal. I was disapointed in the kitchen. It had everything we would need except dishes. If staying here, I would recommend bringing plasticware and some cookware. We also only had one towel in the bathroom with 3 adults in the room. We requested more several times and they finally brought them the morning we left. We ended up going to a Wings Beach store and purchasing towels to shower with. The staff took the one towel we had so we did not have one single towel for 3 full days from the hotel. They were at maximum capacity so I can understand that they were short on things of that nature but understand we didn't have towels! All in all it was a good stay, there were some small repairs and adjustments that needed to be made but the staff overall was friendly, the room was clean, and it was right on the beach for a reasonable price. I would stay here again but it is definitely more for the budget-moderately priced travler. Definitely not a resort, does have a pool but it isn't heated.

Thanks for your kindness on such a busy weekend, all in all a great trip.

Room Tip: avoid sideview or oceanview. always go oceanfront.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank jlucas320
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

me and my family went there this weekend and its was horriable. The floors were dirty they said they had a heated pool and it wasnt workn they didnt even have windows around the pool they didnt even have a telephone in the room what if it was an emergency we couldnt call anyone..... It was my family of 5 and my sis and brutha n law family of 4 the kids had 2 swim n the neighbors pool cause of false advertisment wit the pool we called and asked them about a refund they said it will be 14 days b4 we got our money back..... They use to be one of my favs....hunnie they can cancel that they will never get anymore of our money again..... Oooooh yea b4 i forget my sis pulled the bed bac to plug up her laptop and printer and found trash behind the bed that smelled like it has been there for yearrrrs they are nasty like i said never again i guess you get what u pay 4................TRASH!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
9 Thank crockettashley
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

I thought it was a nice clean place to stay right on the beach. Every time we called the front desk some one came up quickly. B.J. worked there and was very friendly and helpful. We will go there again.Our stay was a nice pleasant one. Candace Dodaro

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank candacedodaro
Lugoff, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I would stay again.The people in the office were really nice and did everything they could to make our stay great.The staff was kind and very helpful. It is in a very good location right down from resturants and Family Kingdom.The rooms were clean and located right on the water.There were lots of Families there and no one to keep us up all night.Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family