“Very nice, clean rooms. Great location and price. Friendly front-desk staff”
Review of Aqua Beach Inn

Aqua Beach Inn
Ranked #40 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
atl
“Very nice, clean rooms. Great location and price. Friendly front-desk staff”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We arrived on 7/11 and had a few problems with our original room on the fourth floor. Apparently there was a problem with the housekeeping staff that day (described by one front desk person as a "mutiny" and one guest stated she heard them yelling at each other...)and one of the outcomes of that was that the room they put us in still had pillow-less pillowcases and only two towels in the bathroom. And the phone didn't work. And the sink didn't work. I talked to the front desk and they moved us to a room on the eleventh floor. GREAT VIEW! From that point on we did not have any problems. The only negative is that there is only one elevator and sometimes there can be a wait. The housekeeping staff has to use it as well with the big laundry carts and they do not say "excuse me" or attempt to move out of the way to let people on or off. I heard several people complaining about the lack of towels and other things that housekeeping did not do. Other than their lack of politeness, housekeeping did alright for our room. The pool is small, but it is nice and cool and clean. Most of the time people were sunbathing around it and not many people were in it. On our last day my son locked my keys in the car and Russ (I think) at the front desk called their tow company right away to come help me out and they had it open in no time and the fee was less because they work with the hotel. I really appreciated the courtesy shown to me by everyone at the desk during this whole trip. The view of the ocean is great and it is fun to watch the Slingshot and Skywheel at night. Everything exciting in downtown is a very short walk and you don't have to pay to park. We had a great time and if we can get the same rates next year we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
2 Thank Jenne-25
sherylkluge, Director of Sales at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I apologize for the problems you had with the room you were first checked into. We take these reviews very seriously and use them to not only train but to also improve the hotel.
We were able to have the phone fixed the next day and have changed housekeeeping managment to ensure that this department provides excellent service to all our guests and there are no more unacceptable behavior incidents. We also held a meeting with all housekeepers to review how to interact with guests adn stressed that usign common courtesy is a must. We used your review as an example.

Thank you for mentioning Russell he has been with the company for several years and due to his great guest service was promoted to head of maintence here. I am glad he worked with the local towing company to get you in your car.

I am glad you enjoyed the rest of yoru stay and we hope to see you again.

Strand Development Company

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Went down last wk for a family reunion. Upon registering a woman was complaining. i was thinking please let this be an isolated incident.

Service was terrible. 2nd day, my room was cleaned but i started off w/no dish cloth or dish towel for the dishes. Called downstairs, never got it. Got it the 2nd day when i saw housekeeping. She took all my towels n wash clothes and never put any clean ones in my room or the other rooms i booked under my name. Garbage wasn't changed in one room, bed wasn't made in another. I left a tip before i left hoping she'd take care of my room..

When i came back to the hotel that night we had to go to the front desk because after i called i never received the towels, then i called again hours later and he was saying he's the only one downstairs, housekeeping is gone. So i came downstairs before 11pm and got 12 but not before he made a sarcastic statement about me keeping all 12 of the towels in my room for myself. i asked why would i do that?! he went on to tell me what some ppl do. i went on to tell him i'm not some ppl, and had housekeeping did their job, i wouldn't have to come down for towels late at night for the 3 rooms i booked..

There were no pool towels.. Thank goodness i had plenty of those. good thing about the pool area is that there is also a jacuzzi, a gas grill and a picnic area.

We went through the not having any wash clothes and towels for 3 days. How ridiculous.. they make it seem like they shouldn't have to provide any.. they need to come up w/a better strategy as far as washing and drying and purchase more wash clothes and towels.

Also there is 1 washer n dryer on the 4th floor.. I mean really?! how many floors and rooms does the Aqua Beach Inn have again?! On the floor i stayed on there was a huge crack in the glass in the hallway also.. Not safe at all. The elevator, well you'll be better off walking down the stairs.

I've read the other reviews and some are similar to mine and happened right after they opened.. It's now July! they should have this situation fixed by now. And no i wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone based on the terrible housekeeping and sarcastic evening folks at the front desk..

2 Thank Dvine12
I apologize for the issues you had during our stay and thank you for taking the time to write this review. The management company takes all reviews seriously and uses them to train staff, make changes and add services or items to improve guest service and the overall hotel.

We have made changes to our housekeeping department since your stay and have promoted a housekeeper from one of our other hotels who has been with us for over 6 years to the executive housekeeper position to ensure the Aqua beach inn is managed to our standards and most important that all our guests are pleased with the cleanliness and service provided by this department. We now have pool towels at the front desk for our guests.

I have spoken to all front desk agents and discussed that any sarcastic remarks to any guest is unacceptable and grounds for termination. I used your review as an example and discussed the proper way to handle issues like this.

The window with the crack is being replaced, along with drapes being added to all those windows to help decrease the heat in the hallway.

Unfortunately we only have room for 1 washer and dryer in our guest laundry on the 4th floor and have no room on any other floor we could add another guest laundry room too.

Our management company has very high standards for all our hotels that strive to exceed all guest expectations in all areas.

I would like to offer you a free night stay to come back and give us another chance and see all the changes and improvements made, since your stay. Please contact me at skluge@sdchotels.com

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I am a self proclaimed germ freak and felt very comfortable in this hotel. Everything was new and clean in our room. A couple of the lamps were unsteady and had ripped shades but otherwise the room was great! It had all the silverware, dishes, cups, etc one needs to prepare a meal. The maid service is another story. Although they did a great job when they finally arrived often it wasn't until 4 or 5 at night. I believe there was only one maid for the entire hotel. Additionally, there is only 1 elevator which is time consuming at points and neither of the 2 ice machines were working. Although 3 out of the 4 days we asked the front desk for ice they had some. For the money and the location (right across the street from the beach and sky wheel) though we will be back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better view of the ocean
4 Thank lovesthebeach1384
On behalf of the hotel and managment company I thank you for takign the time to write yoru review.
We strive to exceed all guest expectations and our guest reviews are taken seriously and used to improve service and the hotel.
Since your stay we have new housekeeping managment and added housekeepers to ensure all guests receive service in a timely fashion.
We have also ordered 2 new ice machines and as you noted keep bags of ice in the market to give to guests.
Housekeeping now has forms to use to alert maintence of any damaged furniture so that department can replace any items as soon as possiable.

We look forward to seeign you again.

The staff of Aqua beach and the management company appreciate your comments and your business.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2011

This was our 2nd trip to Myrtle Beach and having stayed at a not so great hotel last year, we were very pleased when we arrived at the Aqua Beach Inn. From check in to check out we have only fantastic things to say about this hotel. The front desk personnel were extremely helpful & friendly...we were travelling with another couple and were told that our adjoining rooms would be on the 7th floor. Upon check-in those rooms were not ready so we were automatically given adjoining rooms on the 11th floor at no extra charge!!! The lobby's decor is tastefully done which extends to the rooms. From the beautiful large comfy beds, to the granite counters & gorgeous kitchen (complete with fridge, burners, microwave (big enough to cook a turkey!!!), pots & pans, & dishes) to the spectacular view of the ocean.....we were in heaven!!!!! We thought being so close to the Pier and the Sky Watch ferris wheel that the noise would be a problem but nothing could have been further from the truth. Did I happen to mention the view LOL!!! I cannot say enough about the housekeeping staff.....what a great bunch of ladies, who worked long hours,always had a smile on their face and were extremely friendly!! ANd even though there was only 1 elevator, we never had to wait long from the 11th floor. We unfortunately did not have enough time to take advantage of the beautiful pool or the hot tub. What else can I say but that we cannot wait to go back next year to our new "home away from home"!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bridgetmtl
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review of the Aqau beach Inn.
We are very proud of the hotel and strive to exceed every guests expectations.

On behalf of the management company adn the hotel staff I thank you for your business and we all look forward to seeign you next year.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

The hotel is in a good location. The service is horrible went we got there to check in the rooms was not ready so we have to wait for almost a hour. There was no towels available to any guest. The room service never clean up my room during my three day stay. Even if you ask for something you want get it so don’t bother. I have stay in hotel all as the United States and this was my worst stay ever.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank lynard98
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2011
I would like to take a chance to say how sorry I am to hear of this experience. We take great pride in our customer service and in our housekeeping department. I have already shared your review with all of our staff and have meet with each housekeeper to ensure that this will not happen. It is unacceptable for this to happen to any of our guest. Our goal is to make everyone have the most enjoyable stay ever, and I am so sorry we fell short of our goal with you. Please give me a call at 843-916-1301. I would love to talk to you about your experienced and personally invite you back to let us show you how this property truly operates. You may also reach me by email at jmiller@sdchotels.com.
James Miller
Aqua Beach Inn
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2011

My family stayed for 4 nights. Look no further it was great!! Our room overlooked the ocean and at night the Ferris wheel on the Boardwalk is just just beautiful. Not directly on the beach but just across the street- so convenient. Swimming pool and Hot tub were very clean and relaxing. Room was spotless with a kitchen with full size refrigerator, cook top and full utensils. The beds were the BEST!! The staff was very friendly. We will be back again for sure.

Room Tip: 6th floor had a great view of the ocean
3 Thank Marieluvsthesun
jamesaquabeach, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
I want to thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with. Your review has been shared with the entire staff. We take great pride in offering outstanding customer service and clean rooms, including our pool and spa areas. We think the beds are the “Best” as well. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The staff was both personal and professional. This hotel is well-priced and located in the heart of the strip, directly across the street from the beach, which is perfect. The lobby was very nice, but I didn't expect that to be a direct reflection of the room, as most times it isn't. This hotel re-invests in comfort and appearance. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed had these plush mattresses you can't help but love. Large flatscreen, balcony, granite countertops, two-eyed flat-top stove, complimentary pots & pans, coffee maker, full refrigerator, and decorative fixtures are but a few of the items I enjoyed. The price was awesome and the room was remarkable; it was barefoot clean, figuratively speaking. As a military man on the move, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels but Aqua Beach Inn comes with my highest recommendation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank My-Beach-Hotel
I want to thank you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with. Your review has been shared with the entire staff. I am happy to say that I think we have one of the best housekeeping departments on the beach. It is our goal to offer great service and clean comfortable rooms to every guest. We look forward to having you back again in the near future