“Very Satisfied!”

Ranked #53 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stanfield, North Carolina
“Very Satisfied!”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It was my first time staying in Myrtle on the strip. I went with family and was kinda scared when I heard the cheap price of the hotel for a week. However when I pulled into the parking lot I was very suprised to see that the hotel looked very nice. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful with finding good places to eat and hangout. One concern that I did have was when we asked for a dish towel we were always told that they were out and the same thing with extra blankets. Everything was very clean and we really enjoyed the pool area....the lounge chairs are amazing!!! Great place to chill and relax. One lady came in to clean the room one day and did an amazing job and was very friendly and did everything we asked her to do...I really wish I knew her name...she was great!! We stayed on the 7th floor and had a wonderful view of the ocean and skywheel!! One thing that I would say needs to be changed is the size of the trash cans in the rooms...they are WAY too small! All in all this was a great hotel in a great location! Will stay here again when in Myrtle Beach and would recommend to others!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CarolinaGirl23
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach Inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that there were issues with getting the supplies that you needed for the rooms. We will work to make sure that these types of issues do not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you when you come back to the Myrtle Beach area.

Aqua Beach Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Saucier, Mississippi
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The hotel was nice, it was in a good locations and the rooms were really nice. The problem was the staff. There was one lady in particular that was extremely rude for absolutely no reason and then she stood at the desk and talked about us to other staff members and other guest loudly. I heard guest I didn't even know talking about us. That is so unprofessional. At shift change one staff stood in the parking spot of the employee leaving and the new employee ran to move their car into the first parking spot. I think the close spots should be reserved for paying guest. We also were treated rudely when asking for additional clean towels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy R
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
I apologize for the treatment that you received from one of our employees. This is not the way we wish to treat our guests. I will investigate the incident fully and take disciplinary action for the person or persons involved. It is also not our practice to put ourselves before our guests. Employees are to park in the back lot when there is limited parking. From time to time during busy weekends such as Easter weekend sometimes when the later shifts come in there is only a couple of parking places and sometimes the only one is closer to the building. Again I apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss this issue.
(843)916-1301
Warrens, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I spent a long weekend here for our anniversary. The hotel is very clean! The staff is very friendly! The room was so comfortable and NICE! We had a little kitchenette, a balcony where we could watch everything during the day or night, watch the ocean, so much going on, it was perfect!! The price was the BEST!!! This was one of the best stays at a hotel I have ever had!!!

Room Tip: we were up on the 9th floor, I believe, great views!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shelley D
Shelley,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Aqua Beach Inn. We hope that when you come back to the Myrtle Beach area you let us have a chance to serve you again.
Florence, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My cousin and I spent the weekend in Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Aqua Beach Inn. We were in town to celebrate St. Patrick's Day weekend, so we picked the hotel based on being so close to the downtown festivities, the very reasonable price, and the reviews here on Trip Advisor. It was our first time staying in the downtown area in a very long time and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay. It was perfect for what we wanted which was to be in the center of everything (the beach, boardwalk, restaurants,bars, etc), this was a great place to stay. The hotel is not considered oceanfront, but it is very close to the beach and the rooms provide a view of the ocean. The premium ocean front hotels are nearly twice as expensive, and to us, paying that much more just to be a half street closer doesn't make sense. Our room was clean and had everything we needed - small kitchen , including full refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, etc,. It also had a private balcony with a table and 2 chairs. One big plus was the hotel had plenty of parking, unlike some of the other hotels nearby. For the price, this is a great place to stay if you want to stay in the busy area of town! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We were always greeted with a smile when leaving and returning to our room.

Room Tip: All room are ocean front view even though the hotel is one block from the ocean!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gail1954
Gail,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach Inn. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the central location of the property were beneficial to you. We are also glad that you enjoyed the view from your room which not only includes our beautiful beaches, but the Skywheel and it's nightly light show. We hope when if you come back to Myrtle Beach you allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Aqua Beach Inn. This is an excellent place to stay. Great location. Easy access to everything. Great view from the room.

I normally don't write reviews, but I felt it important to write one for this place. I wasn't sure what to expect, but they exceeded all of my expectations. I was there just for a long weekend getaway but I am already looking at my schudule to see when I can go back again. The hotel itself was well maintained. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The kitchen area was well stocked. You had everything that you needed.

THE STAFF - The staff was wonderful. EVERYONE was helpful. Had a small problem at check-in, but it really is not even worth mentioning, but it was handled very professionally by the front desk lady. They had a small issue with the elevator once we got to the 10th floor. We had to take the steps back down. They were working on the elevator and we could not use IT at that time, but again the staff was very accommodating for that brief inconvenience. We just went to grab a bite to eat at the resturant directly in front of the hotel and then came back and hung around the lobby until it was fixed. We were up on the 10th floor so we decided not to take the hike up the staris and just waited it out. I am so sorry that I am unable to list everyone by name, but everyone was great. Evelyn from the housekeeping staff was very nice and made sure our stay was a good one. She checked in to make sure we didn't need anything and was just a sweet person all the way around. Everyone greeted you with a smile. I mean everyone from the General Manager to the Houseman (Gerald - bless his heart that had to hike them steps a few times when the elevator was down) to the front desk people Gina (very helpful) and Robin(she helped me find some good ice cream places, Lol) and ALL the housekeeping staff.

I would definitely without a doubt recommend this hotel to everyone. This will be my new hotel of choice when visiting Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2Monie
Thank you so much for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Aqua Beach Inn. We strive to make our guest stay an enjoyable one and it is nice to know that we could accomplish that for you. We hope that if you come back to the Myrtle Beach area you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Lancaster
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We recently spent a long weekend in Myrtle Beach and stayed at the Aqua Beach Inn. We were in town to attend an event at the Convention Center ( 3/4 mile away), so we picked the hotel based on it's proximity to the Convention Center, the very reasonable price, and the reviews here on Trip Advisor. It was my first time in Myrtle Beach, and if I was picking the location for vacation, I would have most likely picked a quieter area. However, if you like to be in the center of everything (the beach, boardwalk, restaurants,bars, etc), this is a great place to stay. The hotel is not considered oceanfront, but it is very close to the beach and the rooms provide a view of the ocean. The premium ocean front hotels are nearly twice as expensive, and to us, paying that much more just to be a half street closer doesn't make sense. Our room was clean and had everything we needed - small kitchen , including full refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, etc,. It also had a private balcony with a table and 2 chairs. One big plus was the hotel had plenty of parking, unlike some of the other hotels nearby. For the price, this is a great place to stay if you want to stay in the busy area of town!

Room Tip: We don't like to stay high up and have to rely on an elevator, but we still had a great view of...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Beachmom07
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach Inn. We are located directly down town right in the middle of everything which is convenient for guests who like to be able to walk to many of the down town attractions. We hope that if you come back to Myrtle Beach you keep us in mind.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The Aqua Beach Inn was not only the best deal around, but everyone that worked at the hotel was helpful and knowledgable. Robin was great! She made our trip that much more fun! I would not only recommend this hotel to a friend, but if I ever come back to Myrtle Beach, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank kmszabo
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Aqua Beach Inn. We really appriciate that you enjoyed the property enough to recommend us to your friends! We look forward to serving you if you ever decide to visit the Myrtle Beach area again.