“Great location - great time!”
Review of Aqua Beach Inn

Ranked #46 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I bought two rooms at the Aqua Beach Inn off of Groupon and stayed for 3 nights around the 4th of July. The rooms were nice and clean - the only complaint I have about the rooms is that the walls were super thin and you could hear everything in the room next to you. The lobby was very nice and we loved the fact you could get coffee at anytime. The elevator was quite frustrating - the hotel was booked for the holiday, there's only one elevator and the elevator is quite old and scary! Other than that, the location was great, we got to watch the fireworks from our balcony and it was a nice easy walk to the beach and the landshark bar. We had a great time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lacey A
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach Inn. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the property and the central location. We hope that you keep the Aqua Beach Inn in mind when you come back to the Myrtle Beach area.

There are newer reviews for Aqua Beach Inn

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Super location if you like to be near the fun. We love the pavillion area and this is in walking distance to the Sky Wheel, the pier, Pyler Park and many little shops and places to eat.
The view is awesome. We were on the top floor and had a city view plus the ocean.
The staff were great. Made you feel like home and were so helpful.. The room was nice and very clean and roomy. We had the room with living room and 2 TVs. Comfy beds and I require that with my back.. Love this place and will stay here again for sure. If you like a nice clean friendly place near the action, this is for you.....

Room Tip: Get a room on upper levels.... You will love it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen F

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

People when checking are very friendly. Need to work on parking and the elevator. Good walking to shopping.I had a great view for the beach. Wish they had H.B.O.
I did like the staff very help full.
I would also like better stuff in bathroom and a new shower certain .

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bindy1012
Reviewed 22 August 2013

After reading several reviews about this hotel, I was nervous about our stay here. We bought it as a groupon deal several months ago. Prior to arriving, I had requested a room on a higher level. My boyfriend and I arrived around 3:15pm to check in, but unfortunately, we were told that our room on the 5th floor was still not ready. I let the man know that I had requested a room on a higher level, but he reported that nothing on a higher floor was available. After waiting about 30 minutes for our room, my boyfriend went back to the front desk and was given the keys to our room on the 10th floor. I'm still not sure whether this was an upgrade for our room not being ready, but it was a pleasant surprise. Our room was clean and well kept. The view of the ocean from our room was AMAZING. The only complaint I have about the actual room was that the beds were a little small and a little too "springy" for my liking. That is just a personal preference though.
Otherwise, I have no complaints about the hotel. It was in the perfect location, close to many restaurants and bars, along with only a short walk to the beach.
Many reviews noted the noise levels and a slow elevator, but we never had a problem.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others...it may not be completely "family oriented", but perfect for a stay at the beach!

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth R
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I came to stay at Aqua Beach Inn for my final birthday celebration. What a great way to conclude your celebration!! Aqua Beach Inn is in the perfect location to access the beach, shops, restaurants/bars, and activities. We arrived early on check-in day so we were not able to check in right away so we took the time to walk down the boardwalk, perfect time filler. The beach and boardwalk is clean and beautiful. Aqua Beach Inn has a beautiful lobby area, the reviews about the elevator are very true (extremely slow) we took the stairs each time, good thing we stayed on the second floor. Our room was directly across from the elevator but we did not hear it or the people getting off the elevator. Our room was clean, spacious, nicely decorated, and still offered beautiful ocean views. The staff at the front desk were very pleasant and seem to work as a team. Our only complaints would be that the housekeeping only put more towels in our room and cleaned the bathroom, they did not make up our beds. I will say I did hate walking out of my room and seeing a large pile of laundry on the floor in the hallway pass the stairs. Parking was okay but walking to the back parking lot by the dumpsters sent a horrible smell your way. Overall I enjoyed our stay. Purchased through Groupon and was completely satisfied. Would definitely stay again. You are within two miles to malls, restaurants, broadway at the beach, and more. Don't miss your opportunity to stay at Aqua Beach Inn in Myrtle Beach, SC.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Loved staying at the Aqua Beach! The staff was great. Our room & balcony were clean. We stayed on the eighth floor which was high enough to see the Pavilion area and pier which was straight ahead.
We chose to extend our stay a few more days and the staff were very pleasant and accommodating.
Parking wasn't an issue as we really didn't need to drive that much, everything is so close!
Pool and hot tub were nice and clean. We also enjoyed using the gas grill. In the future, we will definitely have this hotel on our list.

Room Tip: As far as using the dishes goes, if it's truly a big deal to you to wash/dry them, bring disposa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. The lobby was nice. Pool and hot tub clean. Room was very clean and the view from the 9th floor was great. Location was fun; close to the beach, shops and entertainment. The drive was minimal to the amusement parks, Broadway at the Beach, and a variety of restaurants. The staff was fantastic. We decided to stay an extra day and they were extremely accomadating. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Call a few days ahead of time and ask for the 9th floor or above for a great ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sonyaf2013
Tarra D, Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to post your review on your stay. We value your comments and strive to make your stay a great experience. Aqua Beach staff looks forward to seeing you again in the future and hopes your next visit will be even better. Thank you again.