“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Thought I would write this review while things are still fresh in my mind. We stayed the week of July 9th for about five days, along with our pooch. One of the reasons we chose Staybridge was the fact they accept pets, and they got pretty good reviews. Yes, there are a lot of abandoned buildings nearby, but the property itself is pretty nice. We had a breakfast buffet every morning and for the most part the place was fairly quiet. There was a family reunion going on, but considering how many people were in the group, they were quite respectful at keeping things quiet during the night. The room was overall pretty clean and it was nice to have a mini kitchen with all the necessities. The staff were always helpful and would make conversation in passing. I was a little hesitant as most people would be booking a room at a place I have never been to. But, as the other reviews state, this is a pretty nice place to stay at and if you have a pet you are bringing, they are very pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Held a mini family reunion (~40 ppl). Excellent accommodations!!! Excellent staff. Outstanding breakfast. Wonderful conference room. At first glance, we were concerned with the abandoned mall and amusement park. But the advantage seems to be that road noise is practically eliminated. :-) Oh, and did I mention the staff?!? In addition to the kitchens in the room we had access to the gas grills outdoors by the pool. Also has a courtesy laundry facility (just plan when you wash; waiting until last minute may run into many others with the same plan; also a couple washers/dryers were out of service. I understand this due to the fact that the machines seem to run constantly. Not an issue for me; just plan ahead and be patient (or find a local laundromat and pay.) The social event, Tue-Thurs 4:30-7:30 (beer, wine, soft drinks, hors d'oeuvres) was a very nice touch. We will be back! BTW: All family members were impressed with the staff and accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tikba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

After checking reviews I was a bit iffy, but we stayed a week at Staybridge and loved it!! 10 mins from the beach, perfect for my family. Our room was clean, with a full kitchen, and all the utensils for us to cook. The housekeeping did an amazing job as well as every time we would pass a worker in the hall they would say hello to us and even remembered my sons name to personally say hi to him.

The sundowner was great to sit back and relax and have a drink by the pool. As well as the breakfast buffet was so Yummy and the service was awesome at 6am in the morning. :)

The price was great and we have now found our new home away from home!!! Thank you!

Room Tip: We had the two bedroom! Perfect even had a pull out sofa and a full kitchen. It over looked the beau...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sweetgirl201
IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Myrtle beach a couple of weeks ago, and when we got there we were happy with the location (only about 10 minutes from the beach), and, overall, the hotel seemed clean. Our stay was originally supposed to be for 6 days and 5 nights, but we cut that short after a few incidents occurred. They hotel was completely out of towels EVERY DAY we were there. Even after calling the front desk, which apparently only staffs ONE person daily, nobody ever came to the room to give us the towels. You have to make a trip to the front desk everyday to get your towels. The workout room was filled with groups of teenagers every evening just fooling around, so adults could not work out in the room, even after complaining about the situation. They have a total of 6 washers and 6 dryers for guests to use, yet 3 of the washers and 3 of the dryers were broken the whole time we were there. They have a coffee/tea stand that is supposed to be complementary coffee/tea when you want it, yet half the time the pots are empty, and when you ask for someone to refill the pots, it is never done. One day I was standing at the tea stand with my son and daughter, and a lady was cleaning the tables after breakfast, and she literally stands behind us, sighing, and she decides that she was not going to wait for my kids to finish pouring their tea, so she continues to spray her chemicals on my daughter's arm and tea. I was furious!! I complained about it to the head managers, but nothing was done about any of the situations. It's a very, very, disorganized hotel. The female front-desk staff was extremely rude to me and the kids every time we tried to purchase small items from their "convenience store." It's just a nightmare there....stay away!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank jukir
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel and wish I had booked a longer trip. I had a suite with full kitchen, stove, full size fridge and microwave with utensils. It was a comfortable stay. The room was clean and the shower was great. We had a smoking room, which is hard to find these days. The cleaning staff was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. The location was perfect in that it was minutes away from almost everything-- malls, movie theaters, outlets, the beach, etc. It's not on the beach, and I wouldn't recommend walking off of the hotel grounds at night because it's pretty desolate.. but all in all, I was very delighted with this hotel and will certainly come back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Found this place on kayak last minute for a two night stay in myrtle beach. Only reason I picked it was because of price and reviews based on other hotels in the area. When I got there I was very surprised to find that my room was a suite with a seperate bedroom from the living room and kitchen. The kitchen has all the dishes you would need plus a dishwasher. I really can't say enough about this hotel and would definitely reccomend it to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Winterville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel cancelled my reservations after I got a confirmation e-mail and they DID NOT CARE that my reservations had been cancelled. I was traveling with an infant and explained to the front desk associate that I was in desperate need for a place to say. She called a hotel next door and told me that were booked and she was “sorry” and would not let me speak to a manager. I am not from the Myrtle Beach area and I explained that, however, she did not bother trying to help me any further with finding a place to stay for me and my baby. I ended up having to find my own place to say at another hotel at a premium rate. I guess this is what customer service has come down to. DO NOT STAY HERE if you want good customer service. I have called the General Manager twice and he will not return by call.

Room Tip: Just don't do it! Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Shaunda M
, General Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Shaunda

Let me start by saying thank you for helping others understand the importance of using a valid credit card. Your reservation was made using an invalid credit card and unfortunately the card would not authorize for the guarantee. Because you didn’t provide a phone number we could not get in contact with you. The agent on duty when you arrived had just helped another guest located a room and already knew who had room and didn’t. The hotel she called while you were here had rooms before but didn’t when she called back. A manger was requested to talk to and I spoke to your friend several times about this issue. Like other comments on Tripadvisor our customer service is “outstanding” as a guest quoted. We hope to have the chance to accomidate your needs when in Myrtle Beach next time.