“Very nice place”

Ranked #66 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Latham, New York, United States
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was exrtremely pleased with my stay at this hotel. It was a clean and classy looking and decent prices. I got my room through a great groupon deal so I was worried I would be sacrificing quality for the lower price but that wasn't the case at all. I stayed in a studio suite with my son. I got the queen bed in a separate room and he stayed on the pull out couch bed. He said the couch bed was perfectly comfortable for him. My bed was extremely comfortable. The size of the room was also very impressive. It includes a kitchenette and even comes with dishes in the cabinets so you won't need to bring your own. The bathroom is also huge. The bathroom did have a bit of a flaw though. The shower head was on the long side of the shower facing out toward the bathroom floor. I don't know who thought of this set up but since it was a shower with no bath tub we ended up getting water all over the floor even with the shower curtain closed. Maybe there is some trick to avoiding this that I am unaware of but as far as I could tell it was just bad design. The only other flaw is the breakfast food, actually to be more accurate the bacon, it was just salty plastic. Other than that it was your basic simple hotel breakfast, cereal, waffles etc. I wish it was open a little later than 9:30 AM but that's not a huge deal. Be aware that it is about a 10-15 min drive to the beach but not a deal-breaker.

Room Tip: Maybe ask if all rooms have screwed up shower designs? Or ask if there is some trick to the shower t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nicole H, Manager at Staybridge Suites, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear Sarah N,

I am glad to hear that you felt we offered you a quality product for a great price. I'm not sure what to tell you about the shower design flaw, but I will definitely look into and make sure it's corrected before your next vacation. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Nicole Hadad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Sonesta Es Suites Myrtle Beach was clean, had great complimentary breakfast, evening happy hours, and located very close to the Cal Ripken experience. If you are traveling to Myrtle Beach for the Cal Ripken experience, the team should stay here. Also, those condos don't offer daily room service, this hotel does. It has a kitchenette, microwave , and free laundry! Ocean is only 15 minutes away along 38th avenue. 5 minutes from Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle waves Waterpark, Coastal Grand Mall & The Cal Ripken Experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria N
Dear Maria N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome stay with us. We agree that our hotel provides many bonuses; such as great location close enough to many of the attractions, daily maid service, and a variety of amenities to take advantage of right here on property. We hope to see you for your next trip to the area.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a good value for a Groupon special. Hotel looks very upscale upon arrival. Rooms are a bit worn and outdated. Our Dbl-bed suite reeked of cigarettes...no other room available...Febreze!! Amenities are available which offset down time for my teens incl. the basketball court. Nice breakfast area & atrium. Food was okay and plentiful. Though about 10min from beach, still a worthwhile value.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear QueenUR1,

With some great amenities and great prices, Sonesta ES Suites aims to provide you what you need to have a great vacation in Myrtle Beach. I encourage you to come back and see some of the renovations that have taken place and hope you have a great fall season.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. My husband and I booked a king bed suite. When we checked in we were given a two double beds and told we could switch the next day to a King Suite. We went to front desk next day and tried putting us in a smoking room! And I am 5 months pregnant. Don't let the great outdoor presence and lobby area fool you. Rooms are disgusting: carpet gross, bathroom looks like it hasn't been cleaned! They have no maid service each day except they will replace your bath towels. I tried to call front desk three different times over 5 days to ask different questions and no one answered. They have no ice machine and its a free for all with barking dogs. Breakfast was not impressive... orange juice was watered down and they couldn't get the waffle consistency right...we ended up going out to breakfast most days as it was inconvenient and so many people and picked over food. Location is near nothing but abandoned mall and roller coaster park. We couldn't wait to check out and when we did the lady never asked how our stay was or anything... after we waited 20 minutes behind others to check out. Clearly staff doesn't know what is going on! I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!Stay away from this grossness!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank citygirlcountrygirl8
Dear citygirlcountrygirl8,

I am sorry that your stay was so disappointing, but we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. While comments like yours are tough to hear, they help us to make the necessary changes so that our prospective guests will have a better experience. Please be assured that those changes are being made and the appropriate training is being done so that every guest leaves satisfied. If there ever is anything I can do to make up for this experience in the future please feel free to let me know.

Anderson, MO
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly (awesome) staff, clean room and comfortable bed! Got the king suite has a full kitchen, separate king bedroom and sofa bed. Breakfast was good. They serve a full breakfast. Perfect family getaway. We'll be back here for sure!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tracyowen
Dear Tracyowen,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic getaway with Sonesta ES Suites. With a great staff, full breakfast buffet, and excellent rooms we like to think that we have a lot to offer. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy it. We hope that you plan your next getaway with us and enjoy the beautiful fall season.

Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good place for a week getaway. The staff was very friendly and the lobby was nice. The rooms are like tiny apartments with a small kitchen but it only had a fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, dinnerware and a pot and pan. It had no oven and they had two grills outside (Which one didn't work). The pool was small but nice with some trash around it but not much.It was about 5 feet deep with a small hot tub. It had some corn hole boards and a nice outdoor basketball court. The place isn't on the beach and is really in the middle of nothing with an abandoned amusement park and an abandoned shopping mall.

Room Tip: We had room 115 and liked it. I would recommend getting a room on the first floor because its easier...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Zach A
Dear Zach A,

Thank you for leaving your review of your recent stay. I will be sure to look into some of the concerns that you have addressed as each comment helps us to make every guest's experience a better one. We hope to have the opportunity to host you and yours again soon, so that you can see some of the changes we have made for a better vacation experience.

Pelzer
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I drove from Charleston to Myrtle Beach for a birthday weekend! We did not really want to stay at a hotel so far from the beach - It was close to the airport but at last most hotels were completely sold out! We were excited to find out that the Sonesta hotel had one room left! We have stayed at the Sonesta property in Hilton Head and had an amazing time as the property was beautifully decorated, well maintained and right on the beach! We were extremely disappointed to arrive to see what we would consider to be a regular "MOTEL" the grounds behind the hotel were beautiful but the rooms along with the kitchen area was dated and the bathroom since WAS NOT clean. We settled in after picking up dinner and started to hear this LOUD sound coming from the air conditioner. Well it turns out that every 20 minutes or so ALL throughout the night the AC would make this loud noise in conjunction with our neighbors unit! I advised the customer service rep. of the problem upon our check out to which she responded, "Oh, here is your final bill."

AGAIN - Sonesta Hilton Head!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lashaun S
Dear Lashaun S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that it was not everything that you were expecting and encourage you to make us aware of any issues you are having in advance to your time of departure so that we can take every step towards making your stay better. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please feel free to let me know.We hope you have an outstanding fall season.

ssagm@lrphotels.com