“Good choice for our purpose”

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - West
Ranked #36 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good choice for our purpose”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed during a weekend road trip through SC and to check Myrtle Beach area and property we have rented for family vacation in July. The hotel was clean and quiet, the room was just what I expect from Hampton Inn properties (my preferred chain), clean, quiet and comfortable. My only minor complaint was that the "smoking" area was right outside the main lobby doors, so all guests have to walk through it coming in or out. I strongly support a convenient comfortable smoking area, but do not think all guests should have to walk through it.

The location was very convenient for our needs, and located directly across from the Tanger outlet (501). It was a good choice for our purpose, but not sure I would want to commute to the beach and find parking for more than a day or two.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We love the Hampton Inns, but our room was way too hot. We turned the AC down as low as it would go. I got up at 2 to make sure it was on cool. I then got up at 3 and took all of the covers off the bed. I then got up and 4 and just got in the shower.

Our room was nice and the breakfast was good. It was just too hot to sleep.

I thought the rate of $170 plus tax a night was too high since it was still several miles to the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2012

LOVED IT! it was about 10minutes away from Myrtle beach, which was good because memorial weekend it was PACKED and the hotel was the perfect distance for it to be safe and relaxing. Clean Rooms, great service and awesome breakfast :) In front of the outlet mall place and surrounded by restaurants. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The king bedroom has a pull out couch bed thing too, it had a microwave and fridge (didn't know...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank priscilita1018
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Older rooms but good for what it cost, especially for the area.

• Stayed May 2012
Smithville, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Like staying here close to Pier 14 & beach while handy to shopping at the Tanger outlet
This Hampton Inn is in great shape & we would stay here again

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor are best
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
new york, new york
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My girlfriend and I were just on a road trip. And found some reliable places - just like this Hampton Inn. We'd been on the road 12 hours and just wanted somewhere clean to rest our heads. It's just a 8 minute car ride to beach and boardwalk. The hotel is on the direct road that takes you there. Just make a right. It's next to a 24 hour I-Hop - which was a godsend. The hotel was very clean and felt completely safe. The night manager was very nice and helpful. It's a good solid place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Went to the area to visit my daughter at Coastal Carolina University for a long weekend. We spent three nights at the beach but for my last night I wanted to be a little closer to the school so I chose the Hampton Inn. Front desk staff was very friendly, plenty of parking and right next to 24 hour IHop. Room was very clean with flat screen TV, comfy beds, wet bar with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Didn’t check in until after 10pm but was able to make a cup of tea in the lobby to bring up to my room. Got to the breakfast area before 7am as I had an early flight – everything looked spotless and was able to grab a cup of coffee, banana and yogurt to take to the airport. This is where I will stay for moving my daughter out of school in the spring.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall
Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
#61 of 208 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach - West? Share your experiences!