Our family has been going to this hotel in Myrtle Beach now since the summer of 2007 every year. It is our "end of summer" trip, and everyone looks forward to it. Just today, my six-year-old son asked when we go to Myrtle Beach again (I answered "in many moons dear"! LOL!!) This is a fantastic resort at a great price, compared to the very over priced rental homes. We always book in January and pay the full discounted price in advance. It works for us, but you have to know that there is absolutely no refund. In 2010 we thought we couldn't go, but I said, "what the heck, it's paid for, let's go." We had a great time.
So, why do I love it so much? Ok, here are my reasons:
All rooms are ocean front. Know the lingo if you go to a hotel on an ocean. There is "garden view" that could mean anything from a beautiful garden to several potted plants along a parking lot. Then there is "ocean view". This is often not too bad, especially on a strict budget. It usually means that on the balcony, if you lean over a lot, you might see a glimps of the ocean. Then there is "ocean front". I'm from Ohio, so I go for "ocean front". Why drive 12 hours to look at a parking lot???? Nuts. All rooms are "ocean front" and you can see the ocean from all rooms. The rooms begin at around the thrid floor of the building, so all are above even sand dunes.
Next, it is very, very nice. Ok, not a Ritz Carlton, but still, very, very nice. I have a saying, "if it's not nicer than where I live, I'm not going." Needless to say, I don't camp!! LOL!! This way outdoes nice. When you first step in, the reception area is beautiful, and you have large window that overlook the ocean. The rooms are extremely clean, updated and all are beautiful. I have ALWAYS loved the Hamptons for the soft pillows and duvets!! It's like sleeping on clouds. Just so you know, on the Hampton's website they now sell these items to the public! When I found out I was so happy I could squeal!! :)
We always get a two bedroom and two bathroom suite. I have three boys and there is NO WAY I'm sharing a bathroom with them!! We have a king size bed and full bathroom. They have a bunk bed and double bed (enough to sleep 4, if two are little in the double). The sofa also folds out into a bed (and it's a comfortable - I slept there one night when my husband and I got into a fight over something I can't remember now. But I remember the sofa sleeper was comfortable!!)
They have a kitchenette. You get a full size refrigerator (nice for bringing your own beer!), and a microwave. We bring lots of microwavable popcorn and we pack hot dogs in our cooler. If you microwave the water until it boils, you can steam hot dogs and make mac and cheese for lunch. We did that alot. The kids don't want to leave the ocean/pools during the day, so this works out great. I'd probably stay in a regular room if it was just my husband and me, because we enjoy eating out, but with kids, this save lots of money!!
The breakfast. Hands down, they do a stellar job at breakfast. It's much more than continental and has something for everyone. They offer individual boxed ceral (great for little kids - pick up a couple of extra for snacks on the beach), yogurt, and a variety of juices. Each day they rotate, but I've had sausage biscuits, eggs, bacon, and sausage. There is a waffle station too. Basically, you name it, it's there!! And it's all included in the price. I do suggest you try to get up early and secure a table, because it does get crowded around 8 a.m. Often me, my husband and our little one go early, and we let our two teenage sons go later. They do have a "packed breakfast" of some basics if you have to leave early. My husband gets this on his days when he goes fishing.
The pools. Oh my - they have it all. There is a regular outdoor pool, and a lazy river with tubes. Then they have a covered area that has a regular pool, a hot tub, and a little kids pool. There is also a kid's playground and some hamocks. While it does get busy, I've never had a terrible time finding a chair or lounge.
The beach. You are RIGHT ON THE BEACH. Did I mention I'm from Ohio and this is VERY important to me???? Oh, how I love it. We pay the private company for beach chairs, and boy, are they worth it. We've learned to take chairs for the kids, and they can sit behind us (I'm not paying for their beach chairs, and they don't "sit" anyway - just ask their teachers!!)
I also like that they have washers and dryers on every other floor. One year I think I took up all the washers and dryers one night after a long trip down from Ohio!! No need to tell you more - TMI!!
So these are all the reasons I LOVE this place. I started going their when they had just one building, watched one summer as they built the next building, and now have stayed in both (they are connected, but don't go up the wrong elevator, you can't get to the other side).
We usually go out to eat for dinner, and have discovered some of the BEST resturants in Murrell's Inlet. Some of my favorite include:
Wahoo's (pricy, but really good too)
Hannah Banana's Sunshine Cabana (we like for lunch or casual dinner)
Russell's Seafood Grill ( a MUST if you like seafood!!)
Flo's Place (New Orlean's style. Loved, loved loved the crawfish!! But I was confused about being in South Carolina with purple and green beads all around. Thought I drank too much at happy hour!!)
Bubba's Love Shack (we like for lunch or casual dinner)
Hope this helps some of you - you'll have a great time, so enjoy, kick back and drink a beer for me!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn