Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Twilight Surf Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Dunes Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Beachwalk Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Palace Resort(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
The Virginian Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Southern Breeze Motel(Myrtle Beach)
3,065 results
All reviewsrocking chairsbunk bedsbath suitethe breakfast arealazy riversfree breakfastnorth toweryogurthot breakfastpool areaoverlooking the oceanevery morningcommon areasoceanfront roomparking garageoff seasoneasy access to the beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2012

What a great hotel. If you have ever stayed at the Boardwalk Inn at Disney World the theme at this hotel will ring a bell. Very Atlantic City Boardwalk of the 1930s. This hotel was really nice. The problem in Myrtle Beach is that the hotels in the city tend to be poor. Particularly on the housekeeping/service front. I particularly dislike the Oceana owned properties on the boulevard. This hotel is a really pleasant surprise.

--Check in was very efficient and the person was pleasant. We had the Penthouse Suite which was a 2 bedroom unit with a King in one bedroom and a Queen in the other. The King room had a shower/jacuzzi combination and the Queen had a nice walk in shower.

-- I am a big Hilton fan. Last weekend I stayed at the Hilton in Knoxville and was bitterly disappointed. This hotel restored my faith in the brand.

--The living area had nice furniture and a fireplace. There were 3 flat screen tvs and a nice kitchen.

--Pauline, our housekeeper was excellent!

--Balcony's. . there were 3. The living room had a 2 person rocking chair overlooking the beach. The Queen Bedroom had a HUGE balcony overlooking Ocean Blvd. It had a rocking chair and a 2 person sun bed. The King room had a sliding glass door with a rail overlooking the ocean but no balcony.

--There were 2 Giant Breakfast areas with the classic Hampton Inn breakfasts. Waffles, pastries, oatmeal, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled) juices etc.

-- There is a bookshelf with book exchange available. A leave one/take one type system. Very nice! Many board games were available. The decks by the breakfast areas were fantastic overlooking the ocean.

---The pools. Awesome!. 3 different pools and hot tubs. Very well done. The kids area had a nice splash zone with squirting things etc. Plenty of chairs all around. Access to the beach was very good. There was a trailer connected to the pool with some basic alcholic beverages and lunch stuff (grilled cheese, hot dogs etc).

--There are a couple of minor gripes with the property. It is definately underserviced from an elevator perspective. Long waits. This was a common complaint at the elevators. There needs to be someplace to eat! When the trailer outside closes (early) there is no place around to eat or get a cocktail. Also, the parking spaces are very narrow.

All in though the complaints are small compared to the quality this hotel offers. I really am glad I found a decent spot in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Lower floors are better from an elevator perspective
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SadricAmber
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is not a resort. It is a clean hotel on the beach. The pools are just ok the rooms are new and clean the lobby is beautiful the breakfast is perfect and included. There is no restaurant no bar no activities of any kind. There is no lunch or dinner place other than the lunch truck that serves a good burger and good cocktails. Nice place to hang for a weekend!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Halfmooners
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It's a good hotel but I find it hard to believe that it's rated #1 of the Myrtle Beach hotels. We were unfortunate enough to get the one room on each floor that had a side view of the ocean instead of an oceanfront view so we looked at the balcony of the other tower's same room but could hear the ocean and see it if you leaned out. The rooms were a bit dated, you could tell they are showing their age a bit. Our bathroom had hairs left on the vanity when we checked in like where a hairy rag had been used to wipe up. The window air conditioning unit made the room a bit noisy and damp feeling (though this is pretty much common for a east coast beach hotel). The common areas of the hotel are fantastic - clean and bright. They have rocking chairs strategically placed where you can enjoy the ocean inside or out. The pools were also clean and very nice - lots of chairs and love the hammocks! The beach is accessible via 2 short boardwalks over the dunes - it was also very nice. Again, this was a perfectly good hotel and we enjoyed our stay there, but I was expecting more out of the individual rooms for a #1 rated hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for an actual oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smb4x4
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My last stay at this hotel was on April 9, 2012 when I had my step team with me (I use it to have a retreat with the members) and it works well. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn--Oceanfront on several occasions, and it is truly one of my favorite places! It is important to note that I only live 15 minutes from the hotel, but I like to stay there when I need a quick get-away. The staff is friendly and the rooms have a wonderful view (plus, rocking chairs on the balcony). Each time I go, I feel like I am visiting family! I tell all of my family and friends to stay there when they are in the area. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you have a family--pick the family suite, they are roomy and a great bargain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Onthego37
Reviewed 30 April 2012

There's a reason why this Hampton is number one on this list. It's a great hotel. We went and stayed for our April break. Since we had never been to Myrtle Beach, we went with this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed especially after seeing what some of the other hotels around us looked like. The Hampton has everything you need and the rooms are great. We never had any problems and enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast is good and if you have a family, it's more economical than loading into your car and going out for every meal. I would stay at this hotel again and I'm going to tell friends about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family