We booked this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews and it's location to the beach. Hotel staff was friendly and the lobby has a beautiful view of the ocean. The parking lot attached to the hotel was helpful in that we parked on the third floor for our third floor room. We loaded all our luggage on the cart but was surprised when it wouldn't even fit through the door of our 1 bdrm with kitchen room, so we unloaded in the hall. I felt like I was in a trailer with the bedroom at one end, bath and kitchen in middle and living room at end. It was designed to maximize the view of the ocean, but the hallway felt very small. Bathroom had both a shower and a tub with good size dressing area. Kitchen had a good size space to walk although we only used the fridge and the microwave. We ordered pizza the first night with the speed dial on the phone, and sat on the patio people watching on the beach.
Although we didn't use them, the hotel had many pools- some under cover to use in the rain or to stay out of the sun, and several hammocks that I really wanted to try out. Because it was right on the beach, we were able to walk down to the beach, play in the water, and come inside when it got too hot or just wanted to take a nap. A shower was provided right off the beach so you didn't have to track sand into the hotel room. Nightly walks along the beach were awesome!
My biggest complaints were the cost- most expensive of our 5 hotel vacation- and the aweful breakfasts. We have stayed at Hampton many times before and this by far was the worst breakfast that I've had. The first day the eggs were cold, empty and took 20 minutes before staff noticed and brought more. The gravy had a funny taste and the bagel/ bread box was very empty. Yogart was room temp. and the best part was the juices. We returned on the third day of our visit but the food was just as bad. Even tried the other side of the lobby, but it was just as empty. Very poor breakfast for the most expensive hotel. Were not even places to eat in the area ( questionable buildings and people immediately around area but view more than made up for view of parking lot) so we ended up eating while we were out exploring Myrtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn