I can't tell you how much I had been looking forward to this vacation. We come to Myrtle Beach every other year or so and decided to try this hotel for the first time given the rave reviews. My family and I personally stay at Hamptons frequently given their consistently high quality and I've had a Hiltons Honor account for years. I used to travel weekly for almost 10 years and stayed at Marriotts, Hyatts and Hiltons so I know what to expect from that caliber of hotel. However today, I must say that we checked in at 6 pm with a prepaid suite reservation (paid for a few months ago) and I'm disappointed. We have a third floor room and our balcony overlooks a short roof that collects whatever falls from the floors above us, like underwear, kids shoes, dirty tshirts and cigarette butts. I called the front desk to get a different room and was told there are no other available rooms for us for the entire week; our room was assigned to us long in advance of our arrival, and since I had not made a special request in terms of room requests, we're stuck. I am disappointed that no effort of any kind was made to make amends; he was simply unapologetic. They must know these are inferior accommodations relative to the property! It's almost like he had the script memorized of what to say. The front desk guy also tried to explain that these discarded items that will be my view for the next week fell just today! But when you see the photo, you'll see the discoloration that shows they have been there for a while. And while it's true the kids have a bunk bed, the ceiling is not as pictured. In out room, a ledge comes down out of the ceiling such that my child can't sit up in the top bunk. He has only a few inches to slide into place. It's a given he is going to crack his head on the ceiling before the week is up. I'll post pictures soon enough. We spent more for a suite here in anticipation of a week of comfort and I did not get my money's worth. Gee whiz, this is EXACTLY what i was trying to avoid by using Trip Advisor! Other negatives: no place in the kitchenette other than the fridge and table top to store food. The bathroom vanity could stand a bit more countertop space and the living room furniture could be slightly more comfortable... Now on the flip side, the bed is comfortable and the sheets are divine...very soft. The suite IS roomy for our young family of five. The lobby is clean and tasteful. I like the rocking chairs on the balcony, if I can tolerate the view and smell. I hope this is the worst of it, but i can't tell you how disappointed I am...I really thought this was going to be the PERFECT place and our new favorite haunt. Be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor if you come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn