Check in Swift but surly. Room was not ready but we were early, so took the opportunity to explore. The lobby/ breakfast area is large, bright and pleasant, with views overlooking the ocean. We were shocked to find there was no bar, but apparently this is typical of Hampton Inns. We walked along the beach - in this area, all the hotels seemed quite 'cheap and cheerful' - we realised why the Hampton seems to come out well in comparison review-wise.
We were allocated a side ocean view room and the sun stayed on the balcony all afternoon. The room was bright and fairly spacious, with 2 queen beds and a small bathroom with over tub shower. Towels could be fluffier. The bathrooms are in need of update.
The hotel was full and breakfast the first morning was busy at 8.30am, but there was a fair amount of choice.The second morning we arrived at about 9.30am and it was as if a plague of locusts had visited - hardly any food was left. I overheard one of the servers say to another guest, that there had been over 1000 guests at breakfast and only 2 servers to replenish the buffet stocks. I made do with bagel and a cup of tea (Earl Grey was available).
This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach and our first experience of Hampton Inn. I am not inclined to return to either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn