We visited Myrtle Beach for several reasons, but the primary reason was the beach. This hotel is directly on the beach. There are no roads between your room and the water. The ability to leave the patio doors open at night and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean is priceless.
This is a resort hotel with one exception- no restaurant or bar on the premises. There is a snack bar that does serve alcoholic drinks, but it was opened very limited hours and only on Thursday-Sunday. With the exception of the included breakfast, you'll have to order delivery food or leave the hotel.
There are several swimming pools of all shapes and sizes including two lazy rivers and two hot tubs. The check-in Clerk stated that the pools were heated but we found them to be very cold; particularly the large lazy river. With the ocean still at 64 degrees (it is late April, after all) our swimming options were limited unless we wanted to be cold.
The room was very spacious. We had a two bedroom- two bathroom suite and found it perfectly adequate for our family of five. The kitchenette was convenient and a nice way to minimize eating expenses. Although clean, we found the carpeting in need of replacement as it was slightly tattered and bunching up in high traffic areas. Also, the ceiling paint in the shower stall was chipping. The beds also seemed a little tired to me; normally I find the bedding to be great at Hampton Inns but the mattresses here were a little uncomfortable. My Wife also commented that her back was a little sore after waking up in the morning. I don't mean to suggest that the room was bad, but it just didn't seem as fresh and new compared to the many other Hampton Inns we have stayed at over the years.
The staff was friendly so no complaints there.
If our travels bring us back to Myrtle Beach, we will certainly consider this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn