“Great beach hotel”

Ranked #6 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Horsham, Pennsylvania
“Great beach hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I spent five nights at the Hampton Inn MB Oceanfront with my parents and brother. I booked this hotel for the entire family for three reasons - 1) oceanfront, 2) pools/lazy river, and 3) TripAdvisor reviews. For the price, the hotel is quite nice. The rooms were comfortable and the lobby level common areas give you a big beach house feel with the wide-plank hardwood floors, white walls, and comfortable pastel chairs and couches. We spent each night on the balcony outside of the breakfast area overlooking the pool, catching the ocean breeze. Everyone in my party really enjoyed the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is a great touch as you can fill up before your day in the sun. I always appreciate free wifi as well.

This was my first time to Myrtle Beach, and we realized very quickly that a car was necessary, that most restaurants and stores were not walkable. My husband and I had rented a car as we flew in to Charleston, so we used it daily to drive to dinner and the stores at Broadway at the Beach and the Market Common.

The pools and lazy rivers were never overly crowded. While we were a party of adults, it was obvious that this was a hotel for families. We didn't mind the kid chaos too much - it often added humor to the afternoon - but anyone would comes here should be aware that the pool areas are not quiet and serene. We found that the beach was not overly crowded, and if you want to get away from the pool area, the sand and waves are just a few steps away.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel for the price - it has everything you need for a great time at the beach.

1 Thank Explorers377

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Arabic first
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for a week with my family and enjoyed it. We had an amazing view in our room and had no issues during our stay. They also have a lot of different activities and events going on to help keep the kids entertained. Breakfast was not bad either. This is where we will stay next time we are at the beach.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I usually base my hotel choices on Tripadvisor. Felt I couldn't go wrong with #1. I went wrong.

Cashed in my HHonors points to spend a Monday-Saturday here. It is actually still Thursday of my stay and I am not fully satisfied.

Not to nitpick, but I travel very frequently for work and stay at Hilton properties everywhere. This is the first time I wasn't thanked for my loyalty and given my bag of treats that Gold+ get when they check-in. Again, very stupid to complain about but when you stay in a Hilton property 10 days a month, you come to expect certain things.

Location is great, rooms are nice, free breakfast is a perk (although repetitive but what can you expect for free), lots of pools and obviously great beach access.

I wish they had an adult only area. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but the entire property is like Lord of the Flies. I should have read reviews more carefully and realized it was probably highly ranked for the family friendliness.

Who knows maybe the couples massage at the spa tomorrow will change my mind of the property. As of now, I wouldn't return until I have kids of my own I can't control :).

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank ryanrovesrions
Ross L, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for staying at our resort and for your thoughtful comments. Between June 15 and August 15, most of our guests are families with children. Our complimentary "Grouper Gang" children's program and the lazy rivers attract lots of families. Please visit us again between August 15 and June 15. During this 10 month period, the rates are lower, and most of our guests are couples without children. Peace and quiet abounds as well as incredible sunrises!

Buddy Lindsay Co-Owner
Waynesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Hampton/Hilton Inns are one of our favorites for its high standard of service and quality accommodations throughout its chain of hotels. This weekend even surpassed our expectations. Front Desk Jonnie Sharp went over and above trying to secure the exact room we requested. Manager Andrew Gorman made our long weekend dream vacation come true. Both of these gentlemen were extremely helpful. Room was perfect, as was the breakfast served. Parking was easy and plentiful, and the beach was a joy to use. Umbrella/Lifeguard Lee of Lacks Beach Service out front was worth the fee. A fantastic fun time for my gorgeous wife and me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charles S
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great beachfront hotel. Clean facilities, friendly staff & free parking. Several pools for kiddies to play in with huge complimentary towels. Tons of comfy seating throughout the first floor - 2 large breakfast areas. Wonderful deck off the lobby with cushioned rocking chairs. Perfect place to watch the sun go down. Corner room was smaller than usual but had all the amenities. Balcony faced other rooms with ocean view to the right.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SecondMrsT
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

great place to vacation at nice view and great rooms. excellent staff and wonderful atmosphere. breakfast was awesome. room was clean and well worth the extra money spent will definatly be back again.,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank adam s
Clifton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was the second time we stayed here. They have a Grouper Group for our 6 yr old which she played in the pool, went to the movies, arts and crafts. They have a parent date night and the kids group watched movies and had a pizza party. Excellent customer service. Rooms were always clean. We had a king suite that had a kitchen so we could make our own meals if we wanted too. We were facing the ocean so no complaints here. Nothing was bad. We will definitely stay here again.