As Diamond members we have been in a lot of Hampton Inns and this was the worst. My fiancé and I booked our July vacation back in December and were told that we would get a suite style ocean view room. What we got was a tiny box overlooking another balcony that was part of the "north tower" and a refrigerator that barely got cold enough to keep our lunch mean from spoiling. I can't even describe the disappointment we felt. After going to the front desk (because our phone didn't work) they informed us that "this happens all the time", but since it was 4th of July weekend he wasn't able to switch our rooms to what we were promised on the phone. Had we been informed that we wouldn't be getting the room we would have changed our trip to another date. The 2 elevators used for (I believe) 14 floors took an eternity to use. In fact, a few times we decided to go ahead and take the 8 flights to our room (9 from the pool). The front desk staff was incredibly short and uninviting. Upon checking out we had to once again remind them we were Hilton Honors members so we could get our points, which was a good thing because she stated, "oh, they didn't put that in" then with an "okay, got it" we were dismissed without a goodbye. Our last evening at the hotel we happened to park near the hotel shuttle bus. We had no clue there was a shuttle. Where does this courtesy shuttle go?? I'm not sure they know, but they did inform us that Murrel's Inlet was a short walk away and a great place for seafood (it's about 20 minutes to drive there). On the plus side, the poor people in charge of the breakfast were great at trying to keep up with the madhouse at feeding time, the cleaning staff was kind and kept the place tidy, and Murrel's Inlet is a great place to DRIVE to. After this experience, I won't be back, and I'll have to think twice about booking with Hilton again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn