This is my first time writing a review for a hotel on tripadvisor. With my children running around, it's hard to find the time. But since this was literally the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel, I felt it was my responsibility to post about our stay.
First, as a few other reviewers have mentioned, the term "oceanview" at this hotel is a cruel joke. Don't plan to relax in the evenings while viewing the ocean, instead you'll be staring straight into room across from you. Classy. The oceanview standard room is tiny, impractically laid-out, and the refrigerator doesn't work very well even on the coldest setting. If you're a family of four you're going to be miserably cramped. Which isn't the end of the world when you're at the beach since most vacation time is spent outside, but for the price this room costs, it's ridiculous that the room is little more than a bed to crash in at the end of the day. The cleanliness of the room was questionable and we're still trying to figure out if the head lice we're now infected with came from our stay at this hotel. I can't prove that it did, but the timing matches. UGH!
Now, onto the thievery. ALL of our beach stuff was stolen. We had set our things in the pool deck area (as did many other families) after returning from the beach. We went up to the lobby for pizza and when we returned our umbrella, chairs, and all our children's buckets, shovels, etc had been stolen. We looked everywhere and asked management to let us see if they'd been put in the storage closet. They let us look, but our things weren't in there. We were told that sometimes people just walk off with things. I admit that if we'd brought our belongings straight back up to the room, this wouldn't have happened, but we'd seen other people do the same thing. And really, who steals children's beach toys?! Who does that?!!
So why did I give this crud-tastic hotel two circles instead of only one? Well breakfast was decent (however, we usually stay at Marriotts and theirs blow this Hampton's out of the water). Management was friendly and kind of helpful during the day (night staff not so much). And I've seen dirtier rooms than this one. Lastly, the pools were fun for my kids and at this stage of life, it's all about the kids having fun, so mission accomplished on that front.
That said, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again even if it was free. And I won't be staying at any Hilton brands after this experience either. I've had a few less than perfect experiences with Marriott, but nothing comes close to the disappointing stay we had at this Hampton. I can't imagine how they managed to be rated the #1 hotel in Myrtle Beach on Tripadvisor -- hilarious. Maybe others who had experiences similar to mine just wanted to forget it ever happened. I know I do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn