Let me first start by saying I'm a business traveler and stay at Marriot's and Hilton's (call me a snob), so when I went looking for a vacation hotel on the beach for my family, I was only looking at chain hotels. We decided on this Hampton, and an Ocean front room. I didn't compare any of the non chain hotels that looked as nice, but at $325 a nite, it was a little high.
So, lets start with the arrival. The parking structure was clean and had spaces for everyone. We arrived early and only had to wait about 15min for our room to be ready for us. The lady at the Desk; Ginny; called housekeeping and asked about the room and told them to get it ready. Once we got to our 10th floor room, we were very happy how clean it was. The Air conditioner was on so the room was nice and cool. The Ocean view was excellent!! Oh, the 1st floor lobby is huge. Its where check in is and where the two breakfast areas are. Lots of room to just hang out on a rainy afternoon like we had.
Water.... The ocean is about 50 years from the hotel property. We were surprised how clean the beach was. The lifeguards rent umbrella's and chairs, $45 for the day. The hotel has a number of clean pools, but we never used them.
Breakfast food was great as was the staff.
We drove up to the boardwalk a few times and after seeing hotels on the boardwalk and how busy that area is, we were very happy we chose a hotel that was NOT on the boardwalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn