My family and I LOVED this place! I knew from the reviews that it would be a nice place to stay, but it turned out to be better than we expected. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The view of the ocean when you enter the lobby is breathtaking.
We didn't realize how many pools it has. It has three large pools, three lazy rivers (one kiddie), a kids' splash area, and two huge hot tubs. Even though we stayed during the busy Fourth of July weekend, I never felt the place was overcrowded. Because they have so much to do, everybody was spread out.
We stayed in an Oceanview Double Queen room. A bit small for a family of four, but tolerable. The north tower where we stayed is new, so everything was extremely nice and clean. It had a large LG flatscreen TV which my husband loved. The only complaint I had about the room was there was very little drawer space. After my daughter & I took up the three drawers available, my husband and son had to live out of a suitcase. They didn't mind though, so it wasn't a big deal.
There were two HUGE breakfast areas. They had small tables for couples, tables for four, and I believe tables for six or eight. There was even a bar area with stools. I never saw anyone looking for seats. The breakfast was good. There was cereal, muffins, pastries, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, biscuits, and always some type of hot food such as omelets, french toast sticks, or scrambled eggs. One morning they also had gravy with sausage. They offer orange juice, apple juice, lemonade, and milk. Of course, this is all complimentary.
We rented an umbrella and chairs on the beach through a separate service, but directly in front of the hotel. For two days I believe it was $50. It's cheaper if you rent more than one day. I think for one day it is $30. You can reserve an umbrella for other days. This is great because you don't have to get up early and run down to the beach as they are being set up to get one before they're gone.
The staff is great. My daughter's face got sunburned, so instead of paying $7 for a bottle of aloe at their little "store", they gave me two sample packets from their hotel first aid kit. The maid service always provided us with extra towels when requested, and a couple of the cleaners asked us in passing if we were pleased.
I guess the only complaint would be the parking garage. It is three or four levels. The parking is extremely tight and somewhat confusing. I don't know how the larger vehicles got parked. We had to do a lot of back-and-forth manuevering to get into the space. Then we'd have to let the kids out so they wouldn't open their car doors against another vehicle. This one minor issue wouldn't stop us from visiting here again. I'm just happy they had a garage. I guess they did the best they could with what space they had.
Overall, we couldn't have been more pleased. We've definitely found our Myrtle Beach hotel for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn