“Better than I expected!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #6 of 210 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maryville, Tennessee
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My family and I LOVED this place! I knew from the reviews that it would be a nice place to stay, but it turned out to be better than we expected. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The view of the ocean when you enter the lobby is breathtaking.

We didn't realize how many pools it has. It has three large pools, three lazy rivers (one kiddie), a kids' splash area, and two huge hot tubs. Even though we stayed during the busy Fourth of July weekend, I never felt the place was overcrowded. Because they have so much to do, everybody was spread out.

We stayed in an Oceanview Double Queen room. A bit small for a family of four, but tolerable. The north tower where we stayed is new, so everything was extremely nice and clean. It had a large LG flatscreen TV which my husband loved. The only complaint I had about the room was there was very little drawer space. After my daughter & I took up the three drawers available, my husband and son had to live out of a suitcase. They didn't mind though, so it wasn't a big deal.

There were two HUGE breakfast areas. They had small tables for couples, tables for four, and I believe tables for six or eight. There was even a bar area with stools. I never saw anyone looking for seats. The breakfast was good. There was cereal, muffins, pastries, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, biscuits, and always some type of hot food such as omelets, french toast sticks, or scrambled eggs. One morning they also had gravy with sausage. They offer orange juice, apple juice, lemonade, and milk. Of course, this is all complimentary.

We rented an umbrella and chairs on the beach through a separate service, but directly in front of the hotel. For two days I believe it was $50. It's cheaper if you rent more than one day. I think for one day it is $30. You can reserve an umbrella for other days. This is great because you don't have to get up early and run down to the beach as they are being set up to get one before they're gone.

The staff is great. My daughter's face got sunburned, so instead of paying $7 for a bottle of aloe at their little "store", they gave me two sample packets from their hotel first aid kit. The maid service always provided us with extra towels when requested, and a couple of the cleaners asked us in passing if we were pleased.

I guess the only complaint would be the parking garage. It is three or four levels. The parking is extremely tight and somewhat confusing. I don't know how the larger vehicles got parked. We had to do a lot of back-and-forth manuevering to get into the space. Then we'd have to let the kids out so they wouldn't open their car doors against another vehicle. This one minor issue wouldn't stop us from visiting here again. I'm just happy they had a garage. I guess they did the best they could with what space they had.

Overall, we couldn't have been more pleased. We've definitely found our Myrtle Beach hotel for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BLT93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Arabic first
PA
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Just returned home from an 8 night stay. I am a frequent business traveler and stay at Hilton properties when available. Our family of 3 including a 15 yr old found this property to be terrific. The location was good --- the beach directly in front of the hotel did not seem crowded at all, even around the July 4th holiday. Our room was great -- we stayed in a 2 BR suite and enjoyed the full kitchen. Room was very quiet! The hotel staff was top notch -- 2 of the front desk employees -- Susan and Ginny were friendly and very helpful. Tom, the general manager was a delight to deal with --- he demonstrated THE BEST customer service that I have experienced at any Hilton property ----- and I have stayed in plenty! The breakfast buffet was adequate but beware when there is only one breakfast station open --- it is quite a madhouse, especially around 9-10a. They do have 2 stations open on the weekends but I would suggest that they have 2 open at all times during the busy season. Our room had a spacious balcony with 2 rocking chairs -- we all enjoyed using these to take in the ocean front view. Had a few issues with our room not being cleaned until late afternoon but this was quickly rectified by requesting an early morning cleaning by housekeeping. We would definitely stay at this property again and are planning to next year.

2 Thank 1travelerbear
Chicago suburbs, IL
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in June and would totally come back/ The whole place is done in a cottage vacation home style of decor. In the public areas it seriously feels like a vacation home! They have a continental breakfast every morning, a bunch of pools, a small playgroud, hammocks for anyones use, and a great beach! It also seems like a wonderful place for families and people with young kids.
my husband and I were upgraded to a family suite. Our room was awesome! Two balconies, one with 2 rocking chairs. Very nice touch! Nice kitchenette, living room, a room with bunk beds and a full bed, a seperate bathroom with two showers, and then our king room with the other balcony! Clean and comfy! It also is in a great location and the beach seemed less choatic then the other hotels near us.
Overall, very nice, clean, spacious, and we would definitely stay here again! Maybe with family or babies if we have them someday!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank threepooches
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I came here with my family. Get an ocean side room. There are literally 9 pools here. The hot tubs and three pools are underneath the buildings (great if you've had too much sun.) There is an awesome kids pool with lots of water mushrooms, spray jets, etc. There are two lazy pools where you can just sit on a float and get slowly pushed around a loop. The beach out front is an easy stroll and very nice. If you can afford to do so, it's totally worth staying here versus somewhere across the street from the beach. You will have a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. A new tower was completed in April 09. Ask for the North tower if you want to stay on the newer side. We were upgraded to a suite in the South tower and it's been great. I suspect they upgraded all of the rooms with the opening of the North tower as our suite had multiple flat screen TVs and was very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bartman4
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 May 2009

This place must be pretty new. Everything looked new. Beautiful oceanfront hotel in Myrtle Beach. Only complaints: bed was a little on the hard side and Hampton Inn's don't have a bar or restaurant for evening dining. Other than that, it was great! Nice to have a small frig & microwave in room and the whirlpool was a nice stress reliever! The fitness room was small but all equipment I needed was there (eliptical, treadmill, free weights) and it overlooks the lobby and large windows to see the ocean while working out! Would stay here again.

1 Thank kimkru
Mint Hill, NC
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This is a beautiful hotel inside and out. We felt like we were secluded at a tropical resort instead of in the middle of Myrtle Beach during Bike Week! The staff is super friendly and the hotel is extremely clean. The beds are wonderful! There are so many special touches that this hotel provides. This will be our Myrtle Beach hotel from now on!

Annaplois
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Front desk manager has forgot she works for corporate company. Stiff no smiles it was awful experience.Think her attitude has resulted in the entire front desk team to have poor costomer service. Only employee who was nice was head of housekeeping,she asked to let her know if we needed anything. Pools are great think their 6 maybe more lost count great hot tubs heated pools.

2 Thank Turbine09