We chose this hotel at the last minute, trying to resurrect a vacation that was ruined thanks to a 3 year old's broken arm. Thanks to the reviews on tripadvisor, we made the right choice. The hotel was immaculate, from the clean parking lot ( although a litle tight in a large SUV and a little challenging to navigate - could use some more signs) to the absolutely impeccable service, lobby, breakfast, room, housekeeping, front desk, pool - you name it , it was awesome. The room was lovely, new and clean if a little small, the view from the 14th floor was incredible.there was a decent bathroom, as many extra towels as we wanted, a nice bathtub although we never could figure out how to get the plug to stay down and a very nice large clean fridge that held our wine, beer, soda and fruit with room to spare.
The room was quiet although we were there mid week but even on the weekend it was still quiet. We were right near the (free) washer dryer and ice machine which was a little annoying but nothing terrible. The complimentary breakfast was decent - mroe than enough for us with cereal, pasties, toast, bagets, fruit and a hot choice, such as eggs or sausage biscuits. The breakfast area was spacious and comfortable with lovely views of the ocean - but got crowded quickly on the weekend - however the food was always replenished and they never ran short of anything.
The hotel has been recently completely renovated and it showed - the wooden floors in the public areas were beautiful and you can tell the staff took a great deal of pride in what they did and how the hotel was represented. At one point, my husband went to get some pool towels and they had not yet been folded - he was just going to grab a few but the front desk representative insisted that she fold them for him - a reflection I think of just how great a job they do. Ginny in partiucular was wonderful as was a lovely blond ponytailed woman ( sorry can't remember your name) who was always terrific.
Free fresh baked cookies greeted us as we came back from dinner every night - my kids loved that.
The pools ( about 9 I think) were lovely, clean and cool and there were always plenty of chairs and shade to be had. The beach was about 100 feet away and easy to get to via either a ramp or stairs. The only drawback to the pool area was that there are no bathrooms so you had to dry off and go upstairs to the lobby to use the ones there - again not a biggie but restrooms near the pool would be useful - particularly as this seems to be a family hotel - kids ALWAYS need a restroom. Also, while the vending machines advertised that they took a credit card, I never did get that to work.
We took our bikes with us and enjoyed a good ride every morning - the hotel is in a great location and convenient to everything - we went up and down the roads, over to the big mall ( name escapes me) with lovely bike and running trails as well as decent restaurants and the kids enjoyed watching the planes and helicopters at the viewing area just near the fighter jet displays just off the main road - that was very cool.
So - all in all a great hotel and a lovely few days were had at the beach. Thanks to all the staff at the Hampton Inn - if we come back to Myrtle, yours will be the first place we book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront hotel, located directly on the beach. Our Myrtle Beach hotel is located just two miles from Myrtle Beach Jetport and minutes from local attractions like Market Common, Broadway at the Beach, Coastal Grande Mall, and Myrtle Beach's new 'Sky Wheel'. Our two-story lobby with pine floors offers beautiful Atlantic Ocean views. Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast(R) and enjoy views of the ocean. If you're on the go, be sure to grab one of our Hampton's On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Enjoy a gourmet blend of coffee available every day, all day. Sunbathe and swim in one of our two lazy rivers, three outdoor and four indoor pools at our Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotel. Our beachfront playground is great for the little ones in your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn