We visited July 20-22 and had a great time. It was our first out of state vacation in 20 years and the only reason we picked this location is because we were members of their loyalty club, they had a free breakfast, and we had frequented their St Augustine location a number of times with no problems. After my wife booked it I looked at the reviews here (I know backwards huh?) and found some dramatically drastic differences of opinion but I also noticed that management seemed concerned with percieved problems. We had such a superior experience that I set up a trip advisor account just for the sole purpose of singing the praises of this staff. I understand that it may make me look like a shill so in the interest of trying to negate that thought I will say that the breakfast area was too small for the morning rush in which it seemed the entire building tried to come in at the exact same time and the elevator was very slow. Those were minor issues to me but listed just to illustrate I'm not living in a dream world. In EVERY SINGLE interaction with the staff they showed a willingness to be helpful , friendly and came across with what seemed GENUINE concern that we had an enjoyable stay. Some illustrations: After the booking was made we found that we could do another day time wise but not $$ wise. My wife called and they found a different package that helped lower our per day cost so the addition of the extra day did not break the bank. When I commented on a facebook post made by the hotel that we were excited about our upcoming visit it was responded to with pleasantries. When we checked in we found a personalized small welcome gift in our room and our bathroom towel folded into a swan. When we asked for dinning suggestions and directions at the front desk we were helped without feeling that we interupted other more important work. When we had breakfast we watched the room attendant be a tasmaian devil of activity with cleaning tables and keeping the food stocked. We saw a welcome sign for the various groups booked in during our stay. When we had a minor communication issue with room service it was addressed quickly and happily. I believe there was a family reunion going on along with a number of other groups, the hotel seemed at, or near, capacity yet we never felt that our single room was any less important than any other room or group of people. I'm in management and I understand more than the average bear that this type of experience DOES NOT happen accidently. It's a tribute to the leadership in this building that our visit to MB was an full. relaxing, and enjoyable one. Old hotel? Run down? Not worth the money? I couldn't say...I was enjoying myself too much. Thanks Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach, here's hoping our paths cross again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® hotel is carefully designed with both business and leisure travelers in mind. This Myrtle Beach, SC hotel is conveniently located off Highways 17 and 501, minutes from Broadway at the Beach shopping, dining and entertainment district.Additional area attractions include the Ripley's Aquarium, the Palace Theatre, the Carolina Opry entertainment venue, Pirates Voyage dinner show, the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and Coastal Grand mall.The Myrtle Beach International Airport is only two miles from the hotel. The Atlantic Ocean, Tanger Outlet Center factory stores, several golf courses, and a variety of restaurants and nightlife are all located nearby.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.Additional hotel amenities and features include:•Free local calls•Free newspaper •Exercise room•Seasonal outdoor poolThis Myrtle Beach, SC hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and access to copy and fax services. There is a meeting room available to accommodate most events and business functions.All guest rooms of this hotel in South Carolina are suites that include microwaves, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, coffee makers and voice mail. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. Hot tub suites are available. This is a pet-friendly hotel; extra fees apply.Same-day dry cleaning and laundry services are provided for added guest convenience. Ample parking is available on the premises.The ideal location, friendly customer service and superior accommodations make the Comfort Suites hotel the perfect location for business and leisure travelers visiting the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area. Book a room with us today and we'll see you there. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Choice Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Comfort Suites