In my opinion, a hotel should not advertise themselves as pet friendly if they make a big deal about it. I have a 13 pound dog who is paralyzed and travels with us in a plastic crate. On check in, the employee who helped me sighed and complained that there was nothing on my reservation about a pet and said that only specific rooms were pet-friendly and he had no more. I pointed to my dog and referenced that he was not ever going to get out of the crate, since he cannot walk on his back legs. At that point I was told they would make an "exception" so that he could stay with us. Unfortunately, this wasn't the only sub-par encounter I had with an employee. When my debit card was charged an authorization hold of twice the amount of our stay (approximately $340) I was told in a very condescending voice by an employee "This is called a hold and all hotels do it." I use the same card to travel all the time for business and have never had such a huge charge- nearly $700 for a two-night stay? In any case, even if it wasn't their fault, the employee at the front desk who spoke to me left a lot to be desired. To be fair, another woman at the front desk was more appropriate about it and later asked me if the issue was resolved (and no, it hasn't been yet). But if two out of three employees are not friendly, no thanks, I'll pass.
The breakfast area is okay, it's about what you expect at a hotel like this- eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, etc. It's extremely crowded in the morning and the second day we opted to just go eat out instead of fighting the crowds. The location is decent because you are close to Broadway at the Beach and several other amenities.
Hotel beds are not the most comfortable- they are very hard, so if you like that, you'll be set. Overall, I would not return to this hotel because I got a very bad impression when such a big issue was made about my dog. This left a bad taste in my entire party's mouth. And thankfully we traveled with enough extra money that the exorbitant hold charges didn't impact our vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® hotel is carefully designed with both business and leisure travelers in mind. This Myrtle Beach, SC hotel is conveniently located off Highways 17 and 501, minutes from Broadway at the Beach shopping, dining and entertainment district.Additional area attractions include the Ripley's Aquarium, the Palace Theatre, the Carolina Opry entertainment venue, Pirates Voyage dinner show, the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and Coastal Grand mall.The Myrtle Beach International Airport is only two miles from the hotel. The Atlantic Ocean, Tanger Outlet Center factory stores, several golf courses, and a variety of restaurants and nightlife are all located nearby.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast.Additional hotel amenities and features include:•Free local calls•Free newspaper •Exercise room•Seasonal outdoor poolThis Myrtle Beach, SC hotel provides business travelers with conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and access to copy and fax services. There is a meeting room available to accommodate most events and business functions.All guest rooms of this hotel in South Carolina are suites that include microwaves, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, coffee makers and voice mail. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. Hot tub suites are available. This is a pet-friendly hotel; extra fees apply.Same-day dry cleaning and laundry services are provided for added guest convenience. Ample parking is available on the premises.The ideal location, friendly customer service and superior accommodations make the Comfort Suites hotel the perfect location for business and leisure travelers visiting the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area. Book a room with us today and we'll see you there. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Comfort Suites