“Not Bad for a Pet Friendly Hotel”

Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach
Ranked #60 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Rooms are nice size but the couch which Im sure pulls out to a bed was old and very uncomfortable. There were numerous pet stains that really needed to be cleaned in the carpet. Maybe just the room we where in. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. All in all and ok stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chuck P
ComfortSuitesMB, General Manager at Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks for choosing us! We love being pet friendly and happily....the Carpet Cleaner Man was here today! We'll see you next time!

Patricia
:-)

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Myrtle Beach

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel was very roomy. A nice breakfast to kick off the day. It was not exactly to get out and walk around. ( I need to have a daily walk.) If you want to exercise here at the hotel, It has one treadmill and ellicipal walk. There are no weights of anything. The pool was very refreshing.

Room Tip: Be sure you get familiar with this area. Traffic and location can be a challenge. The food was good...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great value using our AAA discount. We reserved our room via the choicehotels.com web site. It is a great value, a nice hotel. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and location. We are economical, and this was perfect for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladavis17
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited Myrtle beach in June of 2013. I am new to trip advisor so that is why the time lapse. I was in Hotel management for years so my eye is trained. The hotel was nice in appearance from the outside. On the inside you could see it is a Choice hotel property. The rooms were clean for the most part. Attention to details was not up to my standard. I was OK with the overall experience. Breakfast was fine, hotel staff were helpful when needed. I stay at Choice hotels about 10-15 times a year and find them very middle of the road. This was one of the better properties that I have visited. Not a 5 star hotel but it was fine for the price you pay. Call ahead and get a good rate. I would stay here again if the rate was between 70-80 dollars. Not more than that.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows. In all fairness I do not find many hotels that meet my requirements on pill...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our stay was interrupted when a group checked into their room above us at 1:30am. Dead asleep, then suddenly all we could hear were the squeaky floors above our heads. I realize from this experience that I prefer a hotel built of concrete, or at least very solidly built wood frame.

The breakfast was decent, although on a busy morning you might have trouble getting a seat.

Don't expect to walk to any attractions from here, the location is more for the overnight traveller rather than the vacation in Myrtle Beach.

Clean, friendly, overall a fair place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

In my opinion, a hotel should not advertise themselves as pet friendly if they make a big deal about it. I have a 13 pound dog who is paralyzed and travels with us in a plastic crate. On check in, the employee who helped me sighed and complained that there was nothing on my reservation about a pet and said that only specific rooms were pet-friendly and he had no more. I pointed to my dog and referenced that he was not ever going to get out of the crate, since he cannot walk on his back legs. At that point I was told they would make an "exception" so that he could stay with us. Unfortunately, this wasn't the only sub-par encounter I had with an employee. When my debit card was charged an authorization hold of twice the amount of our stay (approximately $340) I was told in a very condescending voice by an employee "This is called a hold and all hotels do it." I use the same card to travel all the time for business and have never had such a huge charge- nearly $700 for a two-night stay? In any case, even if it wasn't their fault, the employee at the front desk who spoke to me left a lot to be desired. To be fair, another woman at the front desk was more appropriate about it and later asked me if the issue was resolved (and no, it hasn't been yet). But if two out of three employees are not friendly, no thanks, I'll pass.

The breakfast area is okay, it's about what you expect at a hotel like this- eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, etc. It's extremely crowded in the morning and the second day we opted to just go eat out instead of fighting the crowds. The location is decent because you are close to Broadway at the Beach and several other amenities.

Hotel beds are not the most comfortable- they are very hard, so if you like that, you'll be set. Overall, I would not return to this hotel because I got a very bad impression when such a big issue was made about my dog. This left a bad taste in my entire party's mouth. And thankfully we traveled with enough extra money that the exorbitant hold charges didn't impact our vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were searching for pet-friendly accommodations in Myrtle Beach for a mini vacation. My husband contacted the staff at Comfort Suites after learning online this establishment is pet-friendly. We were assured we could make reservations for the king suite with whirlpool and our dog would be allowed. Upon arriving in the immediate area, we were not happy about the locale. While the hotel was convenient to shopping, restaurants and Broadway at the Beach, there were lots of "seedy looking" businesses close to the hotel. At check in, my husband was told they did not know we were traveling with a pet so there were no more rooms with king suites left. The agent managed to locate an "emergency room" with equal amenities but we were advised to use the stairs versus elevator when going in and out with our dog. We discovered a large yellow puddle in the stairwell which we reported to the maid. After a couple of hours, it was still there so we had to report it to the front desk. Overall the room was nice and we enjoyed the whirlpool. It is important to mention our air conditioner was quite noisy. One major thing this hotel lacked was friendly customer service which we have been used to at other hotel groups. After one night, we decided to try another pet friendly hotel in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple